Ode to a black and blue plaid scarf

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 06:24 pm
Quote:
If you love your scarf/
yet accidentally set it free/
if it comes back to you/

run away from it/
or for Pete's sake stomp on it with all your might./
Scarfs are inanimate objects and can't move by themselves you Fool!

Thrift-store scarf wherever you have landed be it in Brooklyn or Queens or somewhere in between I will always miss your plaid scratchiness on my neck as you tried hard to keep me warm.

Love, Tsarstepan

Rockhead

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 06:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
may it become part of the neighborhood snowperson...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 07:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
Um, I am not sure if I am supposed to be sorry for your loss or happy a snowman probably has a warm neck like rockhead said!
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 11:04 pm
@Arella Mae,
I'll be happy if that's the fate of my dear scarf. Just thinking about my lonely scarf perhaps on the middle of the Greenpoint Ave. Bridge (in the gray zone between Brooklyn and Queens) makes me a little teary eyed.... Crying or Very sad ((sniff))
ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2010 11:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
I have a black and blue and much white soccer scarf, for Juventus. I have to hide it from fbaezer - he's no fan of that team. I'll see if I can find a facsimile online. A friend in italian class gave me two of them from her trip, different. (Looking back, she was a saint).

I now only have one, with no memory of what happened to the first. I suppose I was culling my worldly goods and sending things to the Good
Will.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 04:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I'll be happy if that's the fate of my dear scarf. Just thinking about my lonely scarf perhaps on the middle of the Greenpoint Ave. Bridge (in the gray zone between Brooklyn and Queens) makes me a little teary eyed.... Crying or Very sad ((sniff))
Do not put yourself through such anguish. I know there is a beautiful, roly poly, snowman who has the biggest smile on his face because he was blessed with such a gift as your scarf!
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 04:46 pm
@Arella Mae,
And with this heavy snow falling most of today, that snowman is preparing for a family of snowchildren with his snowwife. His first born son will get the heirloom scarf. Smile
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2010 05:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
Amen! A very happy ending, or perhaps a new beginning!
0 Replies