altering the equation of karma

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 11:23 pm
noww.. in this parsect of space in time.. the nature of virtue is a constant in the equation of karma.. immorality yeilding pain and suffering.. morality yeilding love.. now..what if on a global level we all just decided to alter the equation.. decided to harbor new desired qualities.. and states of concienceness.. in essence redifine the nature of morality.. now the current nature of virtue is that you are the victem of your won wrong doing.. because suffering turns to strength, and ill gotten pleasures fade leaving only a darker soul.. now what if we all decided that a darker soul was desirable.. you now become the victor of an encounter in which you wrong someone else.. and the strength they gain isnt considered strength anymore.. but weakness. because they still feel wronged, giving them a sense on the old morality.. but this is now looked down upon.. anarchy ensues.. everyone competing for the darkest soul.. reverse darwinism.. we re-enter a survival of the fittest state.. governments disipate.. leaving only organized crime syndicates...eventually businesses and corporations disipate.. technological advances come to a hault.. schools cease to function.. currency would cease to have value.. man is subjected to animal like deevolution.. living primitavely as hunters and gatherers.. as the were in the age of leo as known in the precession to the solar equinoxes.. now.. in regaurd to the well being of mother eath.. wouldnt this be the best course of action.. an irradication of a commodified consumer society of mass destruction. humans now only consuming what they need on a daily basis.. living in touch with the world.. i mean it seems like if we dont shape up and shape up quick.. were going to nuke eachother to a combination of mass trancendence and deevolution anyway.. on the other hand.. what if we achieved peace.. is humaity even ready to leave behind its nature of duality.. the simultaneous doing of right and wring my moral standards.. i can only hope so..

thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,032 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Old Goat

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 02:20 am
Personally, I think that you should pass that thing on to me so that I can take a few puffs before it burns down to the roach.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 03:24 am
That, and brush up on your English . . .
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 03:50 am
@sahaja yoda,
Quote:
currency would cease to have value

you are my usd guru

the energy of your space is squarely in the light of matters in the coalescence of time

forever

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 03:54 am
OMG . . . the bullshit is contagious ! ! !
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 05:13 am
@sahaja yoda,
Quote:
thoughts?

So many that I run through the jungle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP3TTGuddjY
0 Replies

AlwaysCurious

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 05:21 am
@sahaja yoda,
There is the reality "out there", and reality "within". Some seek material goods or worldly pleasures to fill the perpetual void inside. Others seek sources of peace and contentment from within. Former seek external implements to fix what's broken inside, latter seek internally.

It's like the saying "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning to dance in the rain" - point of which (as applies here) is that those who seek to conform outer reality to their views in order to feel "happy, content, vindicated" will likely wait till "3 minutes after never"; those who learn to cope, to find hidden sources of life springs within, these can likely find peace in the midst of war, contentment amidst economic turmoil, hope amidst despair.

Karma? In a sense. The "angry attack dogs" who constantly dish it out, slowly but surely continue down a path of ever stronger bitterness, cynicism, anger, discontent, etc... Those who quietly pursue their own path of self-improvement and discovery - not because it is easy but because it leads to a desired loftier state of being - slowly rise above all that pettiness. Without a single act of revenge (whether justified or not), in time, comparing the results of both paths, one observes considerable differences, for example "the angry individuals became consumed by their rage more completely, unlike the latter individuals". Whenever people "do unto others", certainly effects are intended "out there" be they positive or negative, yet how often the recoiling effects which "do unto the instigator" are overlooked. Karma, in a sense, but without having to wait till the next level.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 05:33 am
Well, that certainly was a self-justifying load of feel good crap.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 07:33 am
@Setanta,
oh boy oh boy, our baby fox is so bitter and lonely...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 07:47 am
Bitter seems to be something the soi-disant philosophers here fling around quite a bit. You don't know, of course, whether i'm lonely or not. But i'm not bitter--i certainly have no desire to spout the sort of pseud0-intellectual twaddle which passes for philosophy among your crowd, so there is nothing for me to be bitter about.
wayne

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 12:46 am
@Setanta,
Oh, I thought he meant biter Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 04:38 am
Well . . . i will bite, given sufficient provocation . . . but how badly can a virtual bite really hurt?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 08:21 am
very common these days, people often take the real for virtual and the virtual for real, prevented they dress the right clothes in their little parochial back country opinions...
0 Replies