The Death of "Global Warming(TM)"

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 02:40 pm
@Fido,
You are making a false assumption and you have failed to answer my questions.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2010 04:06 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
Except that th3 money is on the other side... There never has been any money in truth

You're claiming that you still believe in man-caused global warming even after this entire mountain range of evidence has come out over the last year?????
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 09:40 am
What evidence is that, gunga? Temps setting all-time records? The la Nina temporary decline, (which happens every time there's a laNina while an elNino causes a high spike) going back up again?, after all that denialist talk about temps going down? Solar irradiance declining to the lowest point in a century while temperature went up? Record lows in Arctic ice cover? Damned near every glacier on the planet retreating? Growing zones moving northward (says the USDA). The "Climategate " email flapwas a bunch of wishful bullshit misinterpretation by people who had no idea what the emails were actually talking about and four independent commissions have come to that csameonclusion. The mountain of evidence still says it's anthropogenic globval warming.
Fido

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 11:58 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

In this you are correct... I replied to what I thought was an error, and found a friend at the door, so time to be real.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 01:46 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

In this you are correct... I replied to what I thought was an error, and found a friend at the door, so time to be real.

the chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall

john has a long mustache, john has a long mustache
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 06:34 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
What evidence is that, gunga? Temps setting all-time records?

Newspapers just aren't that unaffordable, there's no excuse.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 11:50 am
snakkke says:
Quote:
Newspapers just aren't that unaffordable, there's no excuse.

Precisely my point. Educate yourself. Try thinking outside your particular box for a minute or two. Try to get a little knowledge more extensive than a fifteen-second extreme right talking point for a change.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 12:33 pm
I mean, what's it gonna take? Climategate, the coldest winter ever recorded last year, half the animals in Mongolia and Siberia lying around frozen to death last spring and I mean even the mice and rats in Mongolia have fur coats a foot thick and do not freeze to death easily, and then lately the
Royal Society declaring that global warming is a bunch of bullshit and that there simply hasn't been any warming over the last decade.

Are you guys basically just going on Hitler's theory about big lies??
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 05:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
Follow your own advice, extreme left wing liberal progressive talking points are all you seem to know.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 03:11 am
@H2O MAN,
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/4814895982_88446d804b_b.jpg
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 05:32 am
The Royal Society in fact said
Quote:
There is strong evidence that changes in greenhouse gas concentrations due to human
activity are the dominant cause of the global warming that has taken place over the last
half century. This warming trend is expected to continue as are changes in precipitation
over the long term in many regions. Further and more rapid increases in sea level are
likely which will have profound implications for coastal communities and ecosystems

You post crap, snake.

And last winter was by nowhere near a world cold record, and it was cold only in certain areas because the jet stream, which normally circles northern latitudes fairly smoothly, developed kinks, which it has always done periodically. In the southward kinks, northern cold winds blew southward, while in the northern kinks southern warm air flowed northward. Which is why Juneau, Alaska, was snow free and had a brown Christmas, while some of the 48 States were colder than normal. Which you would know if you actually read the science, snake. Or for that matter the weather report.

I repeat. You post crap.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 06:30 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/4814895982_88446d804b_b.jpg

That's awesome! Mr. Green
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 07:26 am
@MontereyJack,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1316469/Royal-Society-issues-new-climate-change-guide-admits-uncertainties.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Quote:

...The UK’s leading scientific body has been forced to rewrite its guide on climate change and admit that it is not known how much warmer the Earth will become.

The Royal Society has updated its guide after 43 of its members complained that the previous version failed to take into account the opinion of climate change sceptics. Now the new guide, called ‘Climate change: a summary of the science’, admits that there are some ‘uncertainties’ regarding the science behind climate change.

And it says that it impossible to know for sure how the Earth's climate will change in the future nor what the possible effects may be....

There has also been a much stronger statement from the society indicating that no warming has taken place over the last ten or twelve years.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 07:44 am
Have you read the actual report from the Royal Society, snake, rather than the journalism about the report--journalism I might add for which the Daily mail is not noted for accuracy? I have. It doesn't support your position.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 08:57 am
@MontereyJack,
I'm trying to find the thing I mentioned. This came out a couple of months ago and basically amounted to the society throwing in the towel on AGW.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 09:19 am
snake said
Quote:
I'm trying to find the thing I mentioned. This came out a couple of months ago and basically amounted to the society throwing in the towel on AGW

Absolutely false. It came out in September and it reaffirmed global warming, while acknowledging, as the IPCC has done all along, that there were things that we don't yet know fully--which is where your quote -mined quote came from. And is one more reason that you should not rely on right-wing blogs for all your information, since they almost never get their facts right.

On the off chance that you might in fact for once look at the original and read the entire thing, instead of one paragraph which your sources twist and spin, here's the actual Royal Society report:

http://royalsociety.org/climate-change-summary-of-science/

Well, that's the link to the actual report--you can download the pdf file of the report from the link at the end of it.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 10:00 am
@MontereyJack,
There were two things which came out recently and I'm referring to the second one and not the first. The first amounted to the society being forced by 43 of its members to admit that AGW is not settled science and the second amounted to an admission that no warming had occurred in the last decade.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 10:18 am
That report is the one allegedly "forced" by the skeptics. It reinforces global warming. The question of warming since 2000 is a misreading of that report. (and I might add if you look at the graphs of global temps that the other know-nothing skeptic ican keeps posting, global temp has in fact increased since 2000, 2005 was the wamest year on record, 2010 has been up there at the top for the first ten months, and the decade 2000-2009 waas warmer than the 90s, which were warmer than the 80s, which were wamrer than the 70s. Those who maintain there has been no warming in this decade do not make a whole lot of sense)
gungasnake

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 10:24 am
@MontereyJack,
Here we go:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/09/30/the-royal-societys-toned-down-climate-stance/

Quote:

The former publication gave the misleading impression that the ‘science is settled’ – the new guide accepts that important questions remain open and uncertainties unresolved. “The Royal Society now also agrees with the GWPF that the warming trend of the 1980s and 90s has come to a halt in the last 10 years,” said Dr Benny Peiser, the Director of the GWPF.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 10:55 am
As you will notice, snake, Preiser is talking about that report. Read it and tell me where in it it says there has been no warming in the last decade. On the contrary, it says the decade has warmed. As do all the other scientific data. Preiser is talking through his hat.