WikiLeaks about to hit the fan

BillRM

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 11:55 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Isn't that why help never really arrived in New Orleans for a week or so?

LOL and NO............
Builder

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 02:52 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
LOL and NO............

Bill, Australia's gov offered help, and so did Cubas. Both knocked back. We had Australian tourists there putting up photos of the damage, and they repeatedly got pulled off the web.

The prez's comment that "Browny was doing a great job" got panned because basically nothing had been done, short of herding a lot of people into a stadium where rapes and brutality were the order of the day.

You really think this is funny?
BillRM

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 05:38 am
@Builder,
I think that the government on a numbers of levels were incompetence from the Federal, to the state and the local government but it have nothing to do with the old north/south divide.

Add to that the people in trouble was of the lower class that tend not to get the services they deserve with special note of when the Republicans are in power.

As far as accepting help from outside the country we never do that dating back to the San Francisco earthquake in 1909 when China offer aid and we surely would not have taken aid from Cuba.

However all any US citizen would or could do is laugh at the idea that our civil war a hundred and 47 years in the past had anything to do with the matter.

JTT

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 05:56 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
we surely would not have taken aid from Cuba.

Of course you wouldn't. That would just highlight the US's glaring hypocrisy. After more than a half century of terrorism against Cuba, that tiny country still offers the US help.

The US, in contrast, pretends that it has received some small slight from some country, or it manufactures other lies and it then bombs the **** out of any country it wishes. All the while proclaiming loudly that it has come to save the very people it then tortures and murders.

Of Cuba and the US it's pretty damn clear which one is the more moral, which one is the better world citizen. Cuba helps the world's poor, the US murders them and steals their resources.

0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 06:59 am
@BillRM,
BillRM typed;
Quote:
Add to that the people in trouble was of the lower class that tend not to get the services they deserve with special note of when the Republicans are in power.

New Orleans is an internationally famous tourist destination, Bill. Not to mention one of the shining lights of culture in the music world.

As an aside its a multicultural foodies heaven, and a mecca for blues and jazz musicians.

You think these people are somehow below you?

Why do you think these people are below you?
BillRM

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 07:33 am
@Builder,
My my adding words to my post so you can find some excuse to attack me. Shame on you..........

What News Orleans happen to be as a culture center is beside the point as it was sadly the lower economic class of the city that found itself trap in the city with special note of sport stadium most others had gotten out of the city before the storm hit.

I never claim it was right or proper that the government, with once more special note of when the GOP is in charge, does not tend to care as must when the poor are in trouble and it is my opinion that if middle class or above was in that sport stadium help would had arrive must sooner.

None of the above opinions however mean that I am happy over the poor receiving help at a slower pace then others in society.
Builder

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 07:47 am
@BillRM,
No words were added to your post, Bill.

Where am I attacking you, Bill?

We are discussing an issue of utmost importance to real people, and you are thinking that this is all about you?

Are you a teenager, Bill? Or an adult?
BillRM

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 07:52 am
@BillRM,
What annoy me is that I can see no reason why a few flying crane helicopters could not had airlifted enough supplies and security into the stadium to had prevented most of the suffering that did occur.

However once more this have nothing to do with any hard feelings over the civil war.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 07:56 am
@Builder,
You did add the words needed to somehow get the idea that I do not care for people because of their economic standing or that I somehow approved of the government acting in a slower manner when it come to the poor being in trouble compare to others!!!!!!!!!

Once more shame on you for playing such games.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 01:26 pm
Quote:
U.S. WikiLeaks Criminal Probe ‘Ongoing,’ Judge Reveals
(David Kravets, Wired.com, November 7, 2012)

A 2-year-old federal grand jury probe into the secret-spilling website WikiLeaks is still “ongoing,” a federal judge in Virginia revealed Wednesday in a brief ruling.

It’s the first official confirmation since WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was granted asylum by the Ecuadorean government in August that the grand jury investigation is continuing.

U.S. District Judge Liam O’Grady of Alexandria, Virginia, noted the investigation in a legal flap surrounding three WikiLeaks associates who lost their bid to protect their Twitter records from U.S. investigators. The three had asked the court to unseal documents in their case. In May, O’Grady ordered the documents remain under seal for six months. On Wednesday he renewed that order, based on a government filing.

“For reasons stated in the memorandum of the United States, unsealing of the documents at this time would damage an ongoing criminal investigation,” O’Grady ruled.

The Justice Department served Twitter with a records demand in December 2010 as part of the investigation into WikiLeaks.

The targets of the records demand are WikiLeaks’ official Twitter account, and the accounts of three people connected to the group: Seattle coder and activist Jacob Appelbaum; Birgitta Jonsdottir, a member of Iceland’s parliament; and Dutch businessman Rop Gonggrijp. Jonsdottir and Gonggrijp helped WikiLeaks prepare the release of a classified U.S. Army video published last year, “Collateral Murder,” and Appelbaum was the site’s U.S. representative.

The court order Twitter complied with sought the full contact details for the Twitter accounts (phone numbers and addresses, even though Twitter doesn’t collect these — only an e-mail address), account payment method if any (credit card and bank account number), IP addresses used to access the account, connection records (“records of session times and durations”) and data transfer information, such as the size of data files sent to someone else, and the destination IP (though this isn’t technically possible in Twitter).

The Electronic Frontier Foundation and the American Civil Liberties Union unsuccessfully fought the Twitter order, arguing in part that it violated the account holders’ First Amendment rights. The groups lost, and the judge refused to stay his order pending appeal.

The order requiring Twitter to turn over information also showed that the authorities were seeking other information, including mailing addresses, billing information, email addresses, credit card and bank account numbers, and IP address information from other internet service providers.

The ACLU and EFF sought to unseal the government’s request for these records, but Judge O’Grady allowed the government to keep under seal those court orders.

The only person who has been charged with any crimes connected to WikiLeaks, is former Army intelligence analyst Bradley Manning, whose long-delayed trial is scheduled for February. Assange remains holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy in the United Kingdom. Ecuador has granted Assange asylum, claiming that if Assange is returned to Sweden to face questioning in a sex crimes investigation he’ll be shipped to the United States to face prosecution in connection to WikiLeaks.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 01:33 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
As far as accepting help from outside the country we never do that

did you forget that Canadian snow plows and operators and power utility workers make fairly regular trips to help out in the U.S. ?

some power utility workers were just in the Northeast following SS Sandy.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 01:35 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Canadians and Canadian search and rescue dogs were in NYC following 9-11, and in New Orleans following Katrina. The U.S. doesn't seem to have any trouble accepting help.
BillRM

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 01:47 pm
@ehBeth,
We do not get massive aid from foreign sources for our disasters and had turn such aid away for all of our history even if a few Canadian rescue dogs teams can be pointed to!!!!!

How dishonest/silly can some people be to pointed to a few rescue teams from Canada and state that prove that the US had accepted any large scale aid in dealing with any of our internal disasters.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 01:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
did you forget that Canadian snow plows and operators and power utility workers make fairly regular trips to help out in the U.S. ?

some power utility workers were just in the Northeast following SS Sandy.

Oh the agreements between electric power companies, that share the same large area power network, to aid each other that reach across the US border also mean that we accept large scale help also? Is that what you are trying to sell?

Railroads also had that same type of agreements and I am not sure but I would bet airlines have similar mutual aid agreements.

Get real.................................
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 02:00 pm
@BillRM,
<edit .... let's make this as BillRM as possible>

sorry dear heart but you said

BillRM wrote:

~~~~

and now you're back-pedalling

<shrug>

you, my friend, need to learn a new dance step
BillRM

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 02:16 pm
@ehBeth,
Sorry I should had said meaningful aid that go well beyond a few dog rescue teams , and does not cover private company to company mutual aid agreements between companies that share the same infrastructure such as the power and railroad networks that both cross the common border.

But then one would assume that the meaning of not accepting aid does not cover either minor aid or private aid between private companies that is if all parties are debating in good faith and not playing meaningless games.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 02:17 pm
@ehBeth,
If the agreements are between industrial corporations which have cross-border interests the "help" is commercial and associated with the profits and franchises involved. Such "help" in no way constitutes national aid from one country to another such as we have seen US aid going into various far flung disasters.
BillRM

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 02:33 pm
@spendius,
She and people like her know better but are playing meaningless games and I would love for them to come up with one example of the type of aid the US had provide to half the nations on this earth in their times of needs given and or accepted by the US from other nations.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 06:52 pm
@wandeljw,
“For reasons stated in the memorandum of the United States, unsealing of the documents at this time would damage an ongoing criminal investigation,” O’Grady, head "justice" of the star chamber, ruled.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 06:56 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
Ecuador has granted Assange asylum, claiming that if Assange is returned to Sweden to face questioning in a sex crimes investigation he’ll be shipped to the United States to face prosecution in connection to WikiLeaks.

Ecuador, being one of the countries that has suffered enormously at the hands of US terrorism knows well just how duplicitous the US is, just what evil the US is capable of.

Herr Wandel knows well of this US behavior and yet he constantly seeks to provide cover for these war criminals/terrorists.

It is exceedingly perplexing as to why he would do such a thing.

0 Replies