Nearly got in a fist fight with the Coffee guy

Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 09:32 am
There is a Dunkin Donuts nearby our home. We frequently go there and the guy that most often works the window is a wonderful and pleasant man - just who you would want in a customer service roll. Unfortunately he cannot work 7 days a week and the other one is the opposite. He is so bad, I avoid going there on the morning he usually works the window. He will conduct his transactions without saying a word to you and without any acknowledgement that you are a human being. And that is on a good day. On his bad days – he has said to me in a gruff rude voice – WHAT DO YOU WANT? Umm, a napkin, please.

However, other day his behavior crossed the line. Our order was taken over the speaker – they repeated it, had it wrong so we corrected the order. Got to the window and it was wrong again. My husband said you got the order wrong again – this is the third time. This particular individual took offensive (as he wasn’t the one that took the order), and became angry and rude – saying what you blaming me! He became hostile and threatening so my husband said – hey we can take this outside. A manager approached the window (and the bonehead left) so we said ok we will just take the incorrect order and go.

This idiot was then waiting outside where you drive by – he had full intention of starting a physical fight. You could see other employees going out to speak with him. But he shrugged them off staying outside ready to fight. Now granted, I’m not worried about my husband he can take care of himself. He’d be able to knock this idiot out with one swing. I’m worried about any legal crap when he knocks this bonehead out. As the punk approaches the car, I told my husband just to leave it, he’s a loser and not worth. Fortunately my husband listened to saner side and left it.

So what should I do now – complain? I feel I don’t ever want to go to this store again as I wonder will he spit in my coffee (best case) or will he physically assault me?

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 09:47 am
@Linkat,

no need to do anything.
the bonehead's boss has more than likely been waiting for a concrete reason to fire him.
he now has one...
Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 10:05 am
@Region Philbis,
Well I would hope so. No one seemed to be doing anything about it at the time. But who knows what had happened afterwards. In one slight way - I would have liked to let my husband go at him. Guys like that think they are tough. Probably never got in a real tussel with a Marine.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 10:19 am
Are you familiar with Yelp?
Mame

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 10:33 am
Good Lord - why didn't you tell the manager about the wrong orders and why would you leave with something you didn't want? I don't get that.

Personally, I would tell the manager about this guy. Maybe he doesn't know how he is, and like RP said, maybe he's looking for a reason to fire him. He's obviously in the wrong job.
Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 10:41 am
@DrewDad,
I've seen it. I've never really used it though.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 10:43 am
@Mame,
Well with all the hub bub - she came to the window - and told him to get lost (she used much nicer language though). My hubby decided it wasn't worth it so he said I'll just take it (his lattee was iced instead of hot even though he said hot several times) - he likes both. She did fix the order and when I said we hadn't paid yet - she said don't worry about it.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 11:00 am
Walking away (or driving away) is always the best response to irrational behavior.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 11:01 am
I agree with RP that the manager has probably been looking for a reason to fire this guy. Threatening physical violence would do it.

However, I still would go in the store and ask to speaking to the manager, to report him, just in case.
You're a good, repeat customer, and I'm sure not the only person who's had trouble with this bozo.
Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 11:12 am
@chai2,
Thanks all - instead of going to the store - I'd rather not go in again until I know that bozo is gone. I wrote to the headquarters. I'll see if I get a response.
Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 11:15 am
@Linkat,
Oh and I did speak with the manager (the one on shift at the time) while we were getting our coffee at the window - I spoke about his lack of customer service and rudeness prior to this outburst. I stated that this punk (well I did just say he) should not be working here.

I also mentioned the other man that worked there and how wonderful he is. She immediately knew who I was talking about and mentioned his name which I confirmed. I remember it as I did read his name tag.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 11:24 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

So what should I do now – complain? I feel I don’t ever want to go to this store again as I wonder will he spit in my coffee (best case) or will he physically assault me?

Avoid going to this store. Never return. The man may have a gun and shoot you. There have to be thousands of Donut shops in Massachusetts. So pick another one.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 01:31 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
Thanks all - instead of going to the store - I'd rather not go in again until I know that bozo is gone.
I wrote to the headquarters. I'll see if I get a response.
A fairly sizeable proportion of the populace is not in sound mental health.

It 'd be a mistake to assume that this guy IS.

Will u let us know what happens ??
Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 01:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yep - I will give you an update once I hear back from the company. I have actually written them before to complement that individual who has excellent customer service and they did write back saying they will forward this complement to his manager. I think far too often companies hear the negative and not the positive. So in any case, I'd assume I would hear something.

In the mean time I plan on not going in there. I mentioned that in my comment - that I was actually concerned for my safety to go into the store.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 02:16 pm
@Linkat,
be sure and tell them that Miller is afraid you might be shot...

that should guarantee a response.
Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 02:25 pm
@Rockhead,
Yeah - that should hold a lot of weight.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 07:54 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
There have to be thousands of Donut shops in Massachusetts. So pick another one.

I can vouch for that! While staying with one of my cousins for 10 days while making final arrangements for my dad, I think she and I visited every single Dunkin Donut shop within a 10 mile radius as I drove her to and from work each day so I'd have use of her car. Man, is she addicted to their iced coffees!
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 08:49 pm
Hah, dirtydozen22 works now at Dunkin Donuts ha?
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 03:11 am
@Linkat,
You switched to de-caff, I hope.
Linkat

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 12:14 pm
@Butrflynet,
Me too - I drink their iced coffee year round. This weekend I went to one that is just a bit further and they have really friendly people that work there. I always end of chit chatting. The only problem it was freezing out and as they are in the Home Depot, there is no drive up window.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Nearly got in a fist fight with the Coffee guy
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 01:18:56