all my problems would be solved if.

farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 10:14 pm
@dyslexia,
Green bean casserole , SLOWLY I TURNED...
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 11:59 pm
One night a few years ago, I was looking for an exact date pertaining to ancient Greece...so I just went to wiki....I usually read the opening paragraph out of habit....and there was a paragraph that read something like this....mainly the last three words.

"Classical Greek culture had a powerful influence on the Roman Empire, which carried a version of it to many parts of the Mediterranean region and Europe, for which reason Classical Greece is generally considered to be the seminal culture which provided the foundation of Western civilization, and they sucked."

Not that...they sucked....is the worst or funniest thing you can say...but it was slid in there real nice at the end....I laughed for days.
Mame

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 08:47 am
@dyslexia,
Possibly your problem originates with how you're trying to go about this. "
"GOOGLE" has two "O"s and only one "G". Now, try it again.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2010 02:23 pm
@2PacksAday,
Yeah. Scholarly, too.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2010 10:04 pm
@2PacksAday,
Well, if they weren't so gay. Therefore, I guess it stands cause it is a fact Wink
2PacksAday

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2010 10:38 pm
@BillW,
Yeah, that too.....I wrote, or thought I wrote something like that here in one of my BS history pieces....but I can't find it.....I did find the one about Hoisten Heavygroin, which I think is my favorite....written at A2K anyway.
2PacksAday

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2010 10:43 pm
@2PacksAday,
Found it, was written to settle the age old argument of is it "Do Do" or "Doo Doo".

Do Do: Greek : is derived from Dodopulious, the god of flatulence, feces, and assorted pungent odors. The word came into prominence during a debate between Aristotle and Plato, when Plato, the elder scholar, used this question to quell the arguments of Ari's take on modal logic...."Yes, I see your point, but does a bear not do do in the woods." After the laughter died down, they filled themselves with honey mead, and went into the forrest and touched each other.

The more common spelling Doo Doo, was accidently created around 750 BC, from a story written down by a scribe of the famous brothers Romulus and Remus. One day while hunting a wild boar, the beast turned on Remus and chased him up a tree. Romulus, sitting nearby in another tree, that happened to be downwind declared....."My God man, hast thou Doo Dood upon thy self". The newer spelling caught on, and is what we see in common use today...do do is still acceptable, but is generally confined to use by those who have mastered ancient languages.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2010 10:49 pm
@2PacksAday,
To my knowledge, the ancient Greeks were the only society that had "being gay" as a bedrock for their society I'll throw a question out to anyone in the know (I don't feel like going through all the research, where's Sentana?) - was the "gay lifestyle" only for the atheletes, or did it include other life groups such as actors or did it cover basically everyone?
BillW

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2010 10:58 pm
@BillW,
Oh yes,I almost forgot - it was very big in the military also. But, then again, military and athletics were virtually synonymous.
0 Replies