edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 05:26 pm
@DrewDad,
So now you know.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 06:03 pm
@dyslexia,
And dare I mention the NRA doesn't sell guns?
Diane

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 08:25 pm
@roger,
I've known Roger long enough to not be surprised at his post--right to the point.

I am saddened that he is the first to notice or to mention the most important factor, the flaw in BBB's title of the thread.
dadpad

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 08:52 pm
@Diane,
I dont see the flaw in the title.
subtile however is a different story.

It could well be that some NRA members sell guns to the Mexican drug cartels.

Quote:
I've always believed that the NRA's phony reason for protecting constitutional gun rights is a cover for their gun sale profits. ---BBB

I have no knowledge of weather the NRA actually sells guns but I'll bet it's most ardent supporters, movers and shakers and financers do.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 09:42 pm
I don't think the NRA as an organization sells guns, but the gunshows are rife with NRA members. It is a logical conclusion, that cartel contacts buy lots of guns at these shows, since it is barely restricted.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 09:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
well, here I go again, Dys the crank again but I really don't think there is any whatsoever connection between the NRA and Mexican cartels.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 09:56 pm
@dadpad,
Quote:
It could well be that some NRA members sell guns to the Mexican drug cartels.
yeah and it could be that some Union members contribute to the communist party. the "reasoning" here beginning with the title of this thread through to your (dadpad) post is patently absurd.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 10:05 pm
@dyslexia,
Didn't say there is.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 10:18 pm
What's arming the cartels is the "War on Drugs(TM)".
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 10:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
I thought it self evident by what I posted that I meant that the people who buy for the drug cartels do not do business with the NRA. They go to the gun shows just like anybody else. A huge number of gun dealers at the shows are NRA members. Sales are virtually unrestricted, with some notable exceptions. I suspect that the average dealer thinks all of his customers are like himself - buying as many firearms as possible because the "Democrats are going to take away all the guns."
roger

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 11:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's not "virtually unrestricted, with some notable exceptions." It's virtually all restricted with some notable exceptions. The only people selling at shows without the full federal procedure are those who are not licensed as dealers. If they are selling brand new guns out of the box, with a dealer-like inventory, that would be worthy of investigation, including the origin of the sellers supplies. It's more than somewhat likely there are a few ATF agents in attendance. And, yeah, NRA members.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 02:33 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
It does not matter who is selling to the cartels,
they have plenty of money to spend, if they wants guns someone will sell guns to them.
OF COURSE; u 'd think that everyone, even BBB woud be able to see that clearly.

Maybe BBB thinks that if the US stopped any American gun sales
to the Mexicans, then gun runners of other nationalities
woud BOYCOTT the Mexicans.

David
So let the cartels get their weapons from some other place,
unless you two support the arming of the cartels by the US which is fighting a proxy war against them.
What the hell is the DIFFERENCE
whether thay get them one place
or some place ELSE????

I 'll be concerned about MY OWN PROBLEMS.
Let the Mexicans take care of what happens in Mexico.

That 's not our business.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 02:39 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Americans have a constitutional right to buy weapons and sell them to criminals?

Who knew?
Government is simply DENIED jurisdiction in this matter.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 02:41 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Very true.

David
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 03:46 am
@Diane,
I don't see such a flaw.

Her title isn't suggesting the NRA sells guns..it's suggesting your neighbour who happens to be a member of the NRA may sell guns that end up in the hands of the Mexican cartels.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 03:47 am
@dadpad,
Snap...didn't refresh the thread.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 04:06 am
People don't have to go to gun shows to buy guns, either. On more than one occasion, i've seen people sell a firearm out of their pick-up truck. Additionally, there are criminal gangs which actively identify gun owners with collections, and then arrange to burglarize their homes in order to obtain and sell those guns. There are so many ways to get your hands on guns in the United States that it's far from funny. Were one's neighbors, NRA members or not, to work to tighten up the ownership and storage of guns, you can bet the cartels would not be inconvenienced in the least.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 06:58 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

The "War on Drugs(TM)" is also destroying our inner cities, fueling rogue governments, costing us billions in enforcement, and.... not working.

If we took the money we waste on "War on Drugs(TM)" and used it to offset the manufacturing cost of wind and solar power we could jump the economic hurdle and allow those energy sources to be less costly than oil technology and the world would CHANGE, deeply.

It's time to end the "War on Drugs(TM)". This is something the government could actually DO, with just the stroke of a pen. No other single act the government can do would be as immediately effective in changing the world for the better.

And, it's the right thing to do from a personal freedom perspective as well, because the government should not be telling people what they should be doing in their own private homes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 07:16 am
Another area of great concern is the private sale of guns at gun shows. These events are just like your friendly, neighborhood yard sale—except they are actually unregulated arms bazaars. There are currently no regulations for the sale of guns at the typical gun show. Thus, the gun show becomes a place where those planning to use guns in crimes are able to meet unlicensed sellers and avoid the very laws meant to cut down on gun violence. The purchaser of the gun is not asked if he/she is a felon, underage, etc. But, if the same person bought the same gun from a licensed gun supplier in a store, they would be asked these questions.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 09:59 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quote:
I've always believed that the NRA's phony reason for protecting constitutional gun rights is a cover for their gun sale profits.
Yes of course you have, just as I've always believed that the ACLU's phony reason for protecting constitutional rights is a cover for their defending/supporting Rush Limbaugh's drug use. Being a card carrying member of the ACLU I am suspect for supporting Rush Limbaugh and the ACLU is suspect in supporting constitutional rights and OMG I am your neighbor. On the other hand the ACLU's consistent defense of constitution rights/civil liberties for minorites is indicative of disregard for public opinion regarding constitutional rights for every citizen. A crock of logical **** is still a crock of logical **** no matter who posts it.
0 Replies