Foofie

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 10:33 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Foofie wrote:

The centrifuges are hooked up to the internet? Sort of like leaving the chicken coop door open for the fox.

You're understanding of the situation is possibly wrong.

It is most likely that the Iranian nuclear facility is on a closed network. What has been speculated that the worm was downloaded onto the system via a portable flash drive plugged directly into one of the secured computer terminals in the system. Most likely a planted spy who works at the reactor.

I thought there are some Arab countries that are not infatuated with the prospect of Iran's ascension in that region. That being correct, it is sort of less than complimentary to Arabs to imply that only Israel may have the ability to play with such sophisticated computer viri. As usual, Israel (aka, Jews) makes for a convenient scape goat, regardless of who did it, in my opinion. Blaming a specific Arab country may be too politically inflammatory? Israel is used to being the racially profiled target.

I believe that in the world of developing countries, Israel might be seen as a proxy for European expansion in the Middle East. Sort of like a proxy left behind, after the colonial days. When is the world going to realize that Israel is not made up of a bunch of Jewish Europeans?
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 10:39 am
@Foofie,
I'm an atheist yet have always been a whole hearted supporter (culturally and politically) of Israel.

I'm just reporting back the reporting of the largely consensus opinion of the global internet security community who actually looked at the source code and for some reason deduced it has the signature marks of the Israeli intelligence community.

If they in fact did make it, I'm glad they're on our side and I whole hearted support their efforts to undermine Iran's nuclear weapons program.

So your piss poor attempt to read between my lines is unwelcomed.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 10:42 am
@tsarstepan,
Plus my actual post was to address your tech unsavy notion that Iran has it's system linked directly to the global internet.
Foofie wrote:

The centrifuges are hooked up to the internet? Sort of like leaving the chicken coop door open for the fox.

My reply to your post wasn't a political judgement against the Israeli's but a very simple tech support answer that many of the global security experts have speculated how the Stuxnet worm got onto the Iranian system in the first place.
0 Replies