Google Search Page Shuts Down Windows

Pitter

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 06:54 am
When I try to open the google search page I immediately see a window that says Windows has stopped functioning and that it is looking for a solution then a moment later Windows just closes. What gives? Doesn´t happen with any other pages I open.

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:10 am
@Pitter,
This along with your other Yahoo mail problem highly leans to the idea that you have a mean spirited bit of malware or spyware on your computer.

I've read elsewhere at a2k that some bits of spyware and malware try and prevent the user from accessing Google. In this case it appears that it's crashing your browser when you try to goto the search site.

Do you have any antispyware programs on your computer?
Search and Destroy? Ad-Aware Free Internet Security? Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware?

Hopefully if you can be more specific and give us details on your antivirus software and how often do you update it and run it, maybe someone with an expertise in this kind of problem will be able to help you fix it as well.
Pitter

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:26 am
@tsarstepan,
I have Norton antivirus and it is updated and apparently funtioning. Do you sugest I download and run one of the programs you mentioned? I also use the google Colombia search page and that is working normally.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:29 am
@Pitter,
Yep on the program. Their free and highly reliable. If you don't have a malware/spyware problem then we'll move on from there and try to figure out what is the problem.

I use Spybot Search and Destroy. But that maybe out of habit.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:51 am
@Pitter,
These guys were terrific in helping me to resolve a similar problem. It's a free service so you may have to wait a few hours for someone to get back to you but they were very helpful.

http://www.geekpolice.net/
Pitter

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 02:29 pm
@JPB,
What ever was wrong with the google page seems to have been repaired as opening it no longer closes windows. I fiddled with my Norton antivirus so maybe it can be given credit.
roger

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 02:43 pm
@Pitter,
I used to have that windows closing problem, but I think mine also went away. It happened right here on the "Beautiful Animals" thread, but nowhere else on a2k. I sort of put it down to the Stuff Happens hypothesis, especially since it quit happening.
0 Replies

Barten

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 08:53 pm
@Pitter,
I also had this problem before, i don't how to do .
0 Replies

AirLinesGuide

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 08:46 am
You must use MalwareBytes to solve the problem.
0 Replies