Book: Confessions of an Economic Hitman

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 09:30 pm
I just finished reading John Perkin's Confessions of an Economic Hitman. I'm interested in talking about this book with anyone else who has read it. For those who have not read it, I think the book is very provocative.

In short, the non-fiction book is a autobiographical recount of 1963 - 2004 by John Perkins. He describes in great detail the role the American corporations like Bechtel, Halliburton, and entities such as the World Bank have used EHMs to destabilize resource rich developing nations by generating deceptive economic forecasts and forever sealing these countries in debt and poverty. It describes the incestuous nature of these organizations in moving powerful individuals into positions of power (such as elected office).

In the book he describes his own personal work as one of these EHMs (along with the work of other EHMs) in Indonesia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Panama, Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, Columbia, and more.

The book provides many citations to help the reader verify what the author recounts.

Discuss.

A good book
R
T
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,187 • Replies: 0
No top replies