The moment is all we have...

chai2

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 05:07 pm
So, what is your point with all this anyway?

Are you trying to get people to agree with you?
So what if some/all don't?
All you're going to do if tell everyone where they are wrong and you are right.

The moment is all we have....

OK, fine, great. This moment is all we have.

next case.

That's all I have to say about that.
NAACP

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 05:14 pm
@chai2,
You're superceeding your own chance to understand by searching for a "purpose". I'm not looking for anyone to agree with me so much as I am looking for others' thoughts/opinions on what I have "come up with" so to speak. When I first "figured" this out I was estatic with joy, it was an epiphene for me and I thought other human beings as myself would enjoy to hear it. Personally I do not see things as "wrong or right", it's all individual persepective. As I said before, this is merely information. What you do with it is up to you.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 06:09 pm
@NAACP,
NAACP wrote:

"The past" doesn't exist!

Of course the past exists. It exists as memories. I suppose for a single-celled bacteria, the past doesn't exist, but for us it definitely does.
NAACP

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 06:12 pm
@rosborne979,
Only if you have the misconception I was talking about. "Memories" are nothing more than a recollection of a DIFFERENT experience. NOTICE - Different experience, not PREVIOUS experience.(that's important)
rosborne979

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 06:16 pm
@NAACP,
NAACP wrote:

Only if you have the misconception I was talking about. "Memories" are nothing more than a recollection of a DIFFERENT experience. NOTICE - Different experience, not PREVIOUS experience.(that's important)

What is the relevance of the distinction you are drawing?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 06:17 pm
@NAACP,
rosbourne, Only NAACP seems to understand what he's talking about. He talks in circles, and tries to imply our past doesn't exist. He's probably never read history books or autobiographies; they just don't exist.
NAACP

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 06:26 pm
@rosborne979,
As an individual as the ability to ''recreate" so to speak, the action they are referring to as "the past" it holds no relevance in the way we've percieved it. It's nothing more than a common misconception any individual can have on ANOTHER individual, but it ultimately doesn't exist.
0 Replies

NAACP

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 06:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Have fun looking at "circles". We're those not individuals who wrote history books or autobiographies? Or the INDIVIDUALS themselves who acted out that which was written by the other INDIVIDUALS in said history books or autobiographies? My satements are direct, ignore the chatter in your head so that you might understand.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 06:50 pm
@laughoutlood,
laughoutlood wrote:

Quote:
So what can we do to make our moments more prelevant and meaningful?

Cast a spell?

Which kind of spell?

A cleric spell like turn undead?
A magic missile spell from the magic-users' scroll?
A paladin's cure moderate wounds healing spell?

Something else in your book of book of spells? Whatever it is, I hope it isn't for Chaotic Evil purposes....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 07:08 pm
@NAACP,
There's no "chatter" in my head, but it seems you have many walls around yours.
NAACP

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 07:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
When I perfectly display my ideas as directly and as comprehensible as possible, where do you misinterpret that as ''walls" around my head? You seem to be the only one misunderstanding here, and if you feel I'm worng in anyway you are free to elaborate your feelings.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 07:18 pm
@NAACP,
If I'm the only one who misunderstands you, how come the following took place?

NAACP wrote:
Quote:

rosbourne wrote:
Quote:
Of course the past exists. It exists as memories. I suppose for a single-celled bacteria, the past doesn't exist, but for us it definitely does.
NAACP

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 07:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If I'm the only one who misunderstands you, how come the following took place?

NAACP wrote:

Quote:

rosbourne wrote:

Quote:

Which I replied to with:

Keep it up, you're really showing your ignorance here.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 07:33 pm
@NAACP,
YOu are the one that's confused. No matter how you try to explain why our past doesn't exist, you're full of ****.

Show us any credible source outside of your own opinion that agrees with your thesis?
NAACP

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 07:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This has nothing to do with any "credible source". If YOU have a problem with my claims then YOU should be able to list YOUR reasons for having a problem with them. If YOUR choosing to see that I'm "full of ****" as YOU put it, then that's all YOU'LL ever see.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 07:42 pm
@NAACP,
The reason is, it's not logical.
NAACP

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 07:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How is it not logical?
0 Replies

NAACP

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 07:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
"The reason is, it's not logical." - TRANSLATION - This way of thinking does not correlate with the way I've always thought my whole life, not does it correlate with the ones I surround myself with would think, NOR does it correlate with the way I've been taught to think.

Shame to limit yourself in this way to say the least.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:30 pm
@NAACP,
I just like to live in the real world where my past is part and parcel of my life - now; it exists for me!
NAACP

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 08:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So, you really have no reasons beyond the fact that you PERSONALLY just don't like the idea.

Got it.