Tell me your thoughts on this....

NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 05:36 pm
You, yourself, can NEVER fail. You can only influence others. Don't talk, it's selfish. Don't get caught up, don't expect. Just live right now, it's all you can do anyway.

This is just bits and pieces of what somebody told me in a chat room about a month ago, it rang so true to me at the time and I was COMPLETELY at peace with myself and the rest of the world......

Thoughts??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,909 • Replies: 24
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 05:48 pm
if i could just find a black woman over 50 who doesn't believe in god, i'd be completely at peace with myself and the rest of the world
NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 06:00 pm
@djjd62,
Your mind is still on that? Haha
dyslexia

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 06:02 pm
@NAACP,
if everyone would just sit down and shut up there would be no homophobia.
djjd62

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 06:05 pm
@dyslexia,
and if folks would take more iron tablets there wouldn't be no haemophilia
0 Replies

NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 07:48 pm
Life is exactly what it's supposed to be.
eoe

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 09:17 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

if i could just find a black woman over 50 who doesn't believe in god, i'd be completely at peace with myself and the rest of the world

Why?
NAACP

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2010 09:24 pm
@eoe,
He was bashing me for an earlier topic I started.
djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 05:51 am
@NAACP,
woah, who's bashing who, you don't know i was even aware of that other thread*

i pour my heart out about what would make me happy and this is the reaction i get, bully

* i checked the time stamps on my posts, i didn't even posted i that thread until after i'd posted here, it's likely, that intrigued by your response i searched out other threads you'd started, i'm curious that way
djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 05:55 am
@djjd62,
in lieu of an apology i'll take a prize, and none of those cheap laughs you're so fond of awarding, maybe a banner that proclaims, "i may not be fallible but i'm facile"
Ionus

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 07:20 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
if everyone would just sit down and shut up there would be no homophobia.
Because....you cant be penetrated sitting down ? Just trying to follow your logic.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 07:26 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
"i may not be fallible but i'm facile"
Because you have haemophobia ? Fallible- from the words fall and ible meaning to fall and ible. But facile I am stumped by...does that have something to do with the face ?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 07:30 am
@NAACP,
NAACP wrote:
You, yourself, can NEVER fail. You can only influence others.

You can fail; you can fail spectacularly or with a whimper, but you can definitely fail and if you want to fail, all you have to do is not recognize the possibility.

NAACP wrote:
Don't talk, it's selfish.

Failing to participate is selfish. Expecting everyone else to hold up the conversation for your benefit is selfish. Failing to share of yourself is selfish.

NAACP wrote:
Don't get caught up, don't expect. Just live right now, it's all you can do anyway.

Live life to the fullest, get caught up, get passionate, dream about the future then work to make your dreams come true. It's the only thing worth doing.

NAACP wrote:
Thoughts??

Doesn't really work for me.
NAACP

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:14 am
@engineer,
Thoughts on thoughts breed misconceptions.
engineer

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:22 am
@NAACP,
So you asked for thoughts, but don't really want them?
NAACP

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:23 am
@engineer,
Not when you misunderstand. It's fine, most people are inclined to believe the opposite of what you tell them.
engineer

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:41 am
@NAACP,
But you haven't said anything, so it's kind of hard to believe the opposite. You asked for thoughts, you got thoughts. If you think I misunderstand, you are free to elaborate.
0 Replies

NAACP

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 08:48 am
@engineer,
"You can fail; you can fail spectacularly or with a whimper, but you can definitely fail and if you want to fail, all you have to do is not recognize the possibility."

You - as an individual living being from the time you're born to the time you die - cannot fail. Failure is an idea you can have while you're alive, but it ultimately doesn't exist.

"Failing to participate is selfish. Expecting everyone else to hold up the conversation for your benefit is selfish. Failing to share of yourself is selfish."

Those who started the conversation are the selfish ones, and then get even more selfish when they expect the one minding it's own business to jump in.

"Live life to the fullest, get caught up, get passionate, dream about the future then work to make your dreams come true. It's the only thing worth doing."

The time you spent "dreaming about the future" is all you were in that moment, a thought. A thought on a possiblility in another moment. What happens from THAT moment to the moment you were dreaming about is still uncertain. The only thing worth doing, is exactly what you're doing. Otherwise you wouldn't be doing it.

"Doesn't really work for me."

Moment of confusion. Hate those.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 04:54 pm
Why do you ask for other thoughts when you already know the answer.?

The time you take to argue is time away from your "now."
NAACP

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2010 06:04 pm
@PUNKEY,
No, it's well spent because I'd like to see how others feel about it.
0 Replies