Have you completed your goal of 2009?

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:22 pm
It is almost the end of year 2009. There are so many things happened. Basically speaking, happy things are more than bad things. However, things doesn't go as I wished. My goal has not completed. It is a kind of failure, I think.
How about you? Do you feel successful for 2009? What have you gotten? Do you like to share with us?
Haha.......Merry Christmas!!!!!

msolga

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:44 pm
No, I'm sorry to say, I haven't completed all my goals for 2009, Rachel. I'd really rather not discuss them, though ... Embarrassed Wink
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:57 pm
@Rachel Muse,
Goals? I'm not sure about finished goals. Also, I don't want to sound too melodramatic and such. But this year? Okay... the last half of this year has been the worst recorded in my life. Loss of my best friend and loss of my job.

The only mitigating grace is the lovely people here at a2k. And I haven't thanked you guys and gals enough for being here at the worst of times. Once again, thanks and lots of love.
djjd62

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:00 pm
once again i have failed to become supreme galactic ruler

but other than that, not a bad year, all in all
Intrepid

@Rachel Muse,
Merry Christmas, Rachel.

My goal for 2009 was to survive the year. It seems that I have achieved this goal.
msolga

@tsarstepan,
But you were a gift for us here, tsar! Very Happy
(I say this in all sincerity.)
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:01 pm
@djjd62,
I would have voted for you if my absentee ballot for the supreme galactic ruler wasn't lost in the mail.
djjd62

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:03 pm
@Intrepid,
i was gonna say that, but there's still 10 days left
ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:05 pm
@djjd62,
I'm not ready to give my most intimate thoughts to Rachel.
So it goes.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:06 pm
@msolga,
Thank you msolga.
msolga

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
A pleasure, my dear. Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:07 pm
my goal for 2009 was the be able to walk to the bathroom unaided. I have accomplished that. for 2010 I plan of being able to drive my Porsche.
djjd62

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:09 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
for 2010 I plan of being able to drive my Porsche.

Shocked
in the bathroom
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:10 pm
@dyslexia,
And I betcha anything you'll do it, too, dys! Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:15 pm
1. The most important book of my career has finally gotten on track, after a few dozen false starts in as many years. 2. I feel better physically than at any time in the past five or so years. 3. Plus, I at least semi-retired. 4. I finally met dys and diane, not to forget roger and osso.
There are minuses, but I feel they were outnumbered by pluses this year.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 08:47 pm
We planned to finish landscaping this house that we moved into two years ago. So, we pulled up three Fontinia bushes that were growing over the roof - the extent of the "landscaping" when we moved in. Trimmed all the 50 or so oak trees on the half-acre, cultivated around the house, put in edging and plants, raked leaves about 800 times from under two decks right next to the back of the house (the decks are only a foot or so off the ground, breeding ground for all manner of snakes and bugs in the st. of Texas. Planted trees and bushes against the back fence (this we hired done), had the peaks & soffits painted. Also painted the five-board fence around back yard with bleach - great thing to do, the fence is now natural light color instead of black.

Now, we are not exactly spring chickens so all this slavery has raised havoc with our being. My husband was bit by some kind of a bug, spider or snake while planting a rose bush and had to have an operation on his right ring finger. I've come thru it with an aching back and bad knee (also massive arms and shoulders from lifting boulders). The stress gave me a case of shingles - all that fighting about how and when things would get done, good grief. Thought we'd kill each other!

This is what we wanted, however, a smallish house with huge yard (to mow). But last summer, must have been the drought, we had scads of baby birds feeding around the back yard - chickadees, tufted titmouse, dozens of cardinals, even buntings - at any given time. Fascinating, and we learned a lot about birds. Any time I turned on the hose they'd all fly straight for the spray. Very much fun.

Still have another season of work to do but, yeah, we met the goal and paid the price.

Rachel Muse

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 09:01 pm
@msolga,
Take care, Msolga! Next year will be better. Try harder! Fighting!
0 Replies

Rachel Muse

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 09:04 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thanks for your attention. I am sorry to hear that you lost your best friend and job. Everything will be fine. There is a saying," tomorrow is another day". Right? Cheer up!
0 Replies

Rachel Muse

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 09:09 pm
@djjd62,
supreme galactic ruler? Wow, if you get this goal, will you build an spaceship and let us all on A2K have a wonderful journey to the Milky Way?
Rachel Muse

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 09:10 pm
@Intrepid,
Good to hear that. Congratulations, Intrepid! And Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance! ^_^
0 Replies