No washer hoses for new washers?

Reyn

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 01:23 pm
Yeah, I found this out yesterday, as we got a new washer and dryer set (Maytag) for our oldest daughter.

Unless it's a more expensive front loading type washer, they no longer supply the hoses to connect up to your hot and cold taps! Mad

The stupid part about it, the idiot salesman could have opened his mouth and said, "By the way...". No, the delivery guys informed us. Not their fault.

Another way of cutting corners. It cost me an additional $18 (including tax) for this.

Aaarrgh! Mad Mad This made for a needless extra shopping trip.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 4,244 • Replies: 13
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 02:58 pm
@Reyn,
Yeah, I recall buying a suit at Dillards. It was on sale. Suits at Dillards include free alterations; suits on sale don't. Want to make a guess how close the sale price came to original price after factoring in the alterations?
squinney

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 03:27 pm
I bought a printer this past week. The store didn't have the Brother All-in-One I wanted, but the guy said I could order it from their online store which included free delivery.

I came home, ordered it online along with extra ink and some paper.

Free delivery within about 36 hours...

It came with a phone line cable, (who doesn't already have a hundred of those?) but no cable to hook it up to my computer!!!

WHAT? I had to go buy a USB cable for an additional $24. GRR!

Don't they know I'm gonna have to connect it to the computer?

Don't they know a washer doesn't run without hoses?
Ceili

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 06:13 pm
This is akin to buying any product now and having to pay for the extra guarantee that it will work. Shouldn't a person be able to buy anything and have the guarantee it will work? Money grubbing manufacturers!!!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 08:47 am
@roger,
Roger: I bet it ended up costing more, right?

Squinney: My daughter also had the "no printer cable experience". Incredible!

Ceili: I hate having to buy warranties, but sometimes it's necessary! Mad
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 09:41 am
@squinney,
Quote:

WHAT? I had to go buy a USB cable for an additional $24. GRR!

24 bucks for a usb cable?

How long is it? That seems like about 3x too expensive.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 09:52 am
@squinney,
Yep, printers do not come with cables. Part of the reason may be that people have varying distances from the computer to the printer. If it wasn't online, they probably would have tried to sell you a cable.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 09:53 am
@Reyn,
Lots of people use their old hoses. Many items do not come with the peripherals that we expect them to come with.
Reyn

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 10:17 am
@Intrepid,
Well, washers used to come with hoses, but I suspect it's a cost-savings measure.

Depending on the age of the hoses, I was told that it may be better to get new ones, due to mold /bad smell coming out of them.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 11:23 am
@Reyn,
Given how long washers usually last, I would certainly buy new hoses. Not sure why they wouldn't supply them. They are a standard size etc.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 11:30 am
@squinney,
Pretty disappointing but that's not anything new. I'm a prof photog and every printer (3) I've bought for the last 10 yrs has not including a printer cable (USB or old style).
Fido

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 11:52 am
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

Yeah, I found this out yesterday, as we got a new washer and dryer set (Maytag) for our oldest daughter.

Unless it's a more expensive front loading type washer, they no longer supply the hoses to connect up to your hot and cold taps! Mad

The stupid part about it, the idiot salesman could have opened his mouth and said, "By the way...". No, the delivery guys informed us. Not their fault.

Another way of cutting corners. It cost me an additional $18 (including tax) for this.

Aaarrgh! Mad Mad This made for a needless extra shopping trip.
Happened to me with an expensive front loader model... Welcome to cut your cornersville... Computers are cheaper and cheaper too... That is the price you pay for competition... The lowest price buys the least product...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2010 12:35 pm
@Ragman,
Well, it has been a while since I bought one for myself... but, I had bought the same one two years ago for my place of work. The previous printer to that one was from 2002. I don't remember if the old printer cable worked with the new one, but I know I did not buy a new USB cable cause it would have put me over the budget the boss gave me.

Ordering online, the 'cart' didn't have any problem asking if I needed extra ink, paper, photo paper, or if I wanted to also get a new monitor. It could have easily suggested a USB cable!

And besides, you guys need to stop with the rationalizations and 'shoulda knowns.' I hardly ever get to be outraged and I really want to be outraged right now!!! Smile
0 Replies

assgoblin

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2017 10:29 pm
i don't care either way if they provide the hoses or not. I just wish I knew ahead of time if they did or not so I could go and get them. that's my only problem. but really in the end for the money they should be providing them.
0 Replies