This front Loader will not finish a Wash Cycle

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 04:07 pm
I have a Kenmore front loader washer ANd IT WILL NOT FINISH A WASH CYCLE! It starts off okay, but between rinse and final spin it hangs. It never gets to final spin. I have to move the dial by hand for final spin.

Why can it not get to the final spin?

Everything else is fine.

It just does what I say above.

jamesY

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,241 • Replies: 9
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 04:18 pm
Does it spin at all? There is a lid switch for that purpose on top loaders. I assume there will be one on this one. If that switch goes out, it will not spin and finish.
Newport-j

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 04:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
It does spin. it just does not go to the end of the cycle. I have to turn the dial to the final spin, from the rinse. It will stick between them and stay there if I do not.

Newport-j
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 04:33 pm
I have no idea, but I have had two washer repair men tell me that the front loaders are nothing but trouble. If you are still on warranty then make a call. If not, you have my sympathy.
Pemerson

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 05:34 pm
I hated my front-loader washing machine, it was nothing but trouble. They're difficult to repair, too.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 06:49 pm
Oh lord. I had that same problem. I bought the Kenmore that was the Consumer Reports "Best Buy" and it's been one of the worst buys of my life.

What happened with mine was that there is some interior drain that was clogged with coins and such -- things that had fallen out of our pockets -- and for some reason the pump no longer worked right so it would just sit with the timer on "1" and a tub full of soggy clothes unless me did the "spin" thing like you're doing.

Luckily the washer was still under warantee.

And then we got an offer for an extended warantee which we took them up on.

What a racket!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 09:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
It depends what you buy! I have a Miele front loader and it's been working
overtime for good 14 years - no repairs, no problems, no nothing!!
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 06:48 pm
@Newport-j,
When I have trouble with mechanical devices I break off a piece of a tree and thrash it to within an inch of its life.
Pemerson

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 11:39 pm
@Ionus,
Good for you, that's what it deserves. I fix it so it can't be fixed, too. Take that, and that!

My new washing machine made a terrible noise and wouldn't drain, so the guy came out, dumped all those little beady things that were inside my doggie toys out of the pump, and put in a new pump. All for $350. What is the world coming to?
Ionus

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 11:56 pm
@Pemerson,
Quote:
My new washing machine made a terrible noise and wouldn't drain, so the guy came out, dumped all those little beady things that were inside my doggie toys out of the pump, and put in a new pump. All for $350. What is the world coming to?
It is even more worrying if you can not follow the process but have to "Trust" the repairman as when it has to be taken away and you get a bill.
0 Replies