Brine tank full due to leak at guide cap

JCC

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 11:08 am
My brine tank is full from a constant leak from the guide cap/piston assembly. My Rain Soft unit was serviced on June 12, 2010. At that time I asked the service tech to replace the o rings on the piston assembly. He told me that they didn't need to be replaced and now it's leaking through the cap and draining into the brine tank. It's Sunday and nobody's in at my local rain soft center. Should I drain the tank or just let it continue to overflow? Also I started a regeneration cycle hoping it would drain it. Is there a way to force it to drain with a setting?

Thank You.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,461 • Replies: 5
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 05:00 am
@JCC,
It sounds like you need O rings on the piston and brine injector... the shut-off tabs and springs mat also need replacing.

I would put the system on bypass and drain the water in the salt tank down.
JCC

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 10:04 am
@H2O MAN,
Thank You,

I called and a service tech will be out Tuesday to fix it. I hope they don't try to charge me for something they should have done in June.

I don't think the o rings have ever been replaced on the brine injector. Should they be replaced every so often?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 07:16 am
@JCC,
When the o rings on the brine injector wear out the system will
no longer draw brine from the salt tank... it just keeps filling up.

Have the tech replace them or replace the entire brine injector with a new one... better safe than sorry.
JCC

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2010 03:16 pm
@H2O MAN,
OK

Thank You
0 Replies

Twinkieflyer

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2010 08:09 am
@H2O MAN,
Where is the brine injector, and how do you replace the o-rings? My AQC75 RS system isn't drawing brine from the tank.
Thanks
0 Replies