Running Constantly

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 03:34 pm
My Rainsoft system is running continuously and the water is draining down the drain line. No source throughout the entire house is pulling water. I am having to turn off the main water valve into the house to prevent the waste of water. The system is still performing its flush cycle in the evening.
Is there a way to reset the system?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 10,271 • Replies: 6
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2010 01:17 pm
@brianleebest,
Put the system on by-pass!

What model and how old is it?
rifleman9

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2010 11:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
I am having the same problem, it keeps running water, like it is stuck in the backflush stage. Mine is a RainSoft ABB 844T
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 07:01 am
@rifleman9,
This is usually caused by a failed clock motor, but other RainSoft models have other potential problems.
I am not familiar with the ABB.
0 Replies

wlowe

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2010 10:04 pm
I also have had problems with the unit running all the time. I have a Rain Soft Gold Series from 2003. We moved to another state and installed the softener.
It appears that the problem is due to the fluctuating city water pressure. We had an adjustable water pressure valve put on the house water pipe before it reaches the softener. As the seasons change, the city water usage also changes and this affects the water pressure to the softener. During the warm weather the city water usage is high so the water pressure to the house is low so we adjust the valve to let in more water. During the cool season the city water usage is low so the water pressure to the house slowly increases to the point that the pressure is high enough to push through the seal of the softener. This leaked water moves out through the water softener drain so that you don't see any leakage but you can hear it and it is constantly flowing and gets worse with time and your water bill will be higher but our water supplier adjusts the bill if they see a service call bill. So I found out to lower the incoming pressure to about 70, it was 90. Put the unit in by-pass first. Attach a water gauge to an outside faucet to read the pressure. After adjusting the water valve, turn the by pass off then press the correct control buttons on the softener to allow it to go through the 5 steps of regeneration before it starts each step so as to let the new lower water pressure readjust the seal and stop the leaking. Took me a year and several service calls to figure this out. Hope it helps. BL
0 Replies

kruephil

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:47 am
I have the similar problem with a Kenmore Model 625.341500. It continually drains and makes a loud clanking noise every 15-20 seconds. I want to use the softener but have found I need to unplug it to avoid the annoying noise. What can be done?
ct water

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:48 pm
@kruephil,
Check your owners manual. You need a seal kit, rotor, and timer motor. Your rotor jammed and damaged your motor. You may also need a cam which gears may have wearied out. Steveg
0 Replies