Did we really land on the Moon ?

Steppenwolf

Mon 29 Nov, 2004 06:58 pm
Did we land on the moon? Hah! You people still believe in the 'moon'? And the tooth fairy lives on this fantastic 'moon,' right?
0 Replies

Einherjar

Tue 30 Nov, 2004 06:43 am
The rich are getting richer and the nuts are getting nuttier.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Tue 30 Nov, 2004 06:52 am
Einherjar wrote:
The rich are getting richer and the nuts are getting nuttier.

As ye sow, so shall ye reap.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Mon 6 Dec, 2004 03:46 pm
Video evidence that the whole thing was faked Wink
0 Replies

GrinCDXX

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:22 am
I havent nor plan to read this whole thread but I must say one thing. When the lunar modules of the space crafts during the apollo missions blasted off of the moons surface...they left their "landing gear" behind...a quite large quadrapod type assembly. I have to believe that any of the large land based telescopes on earth could easily see these things. This makes it rather unlikely that it was faked simply because it would be so easy to demonstrate if they were.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 07:52 am
You will never convince the conspiracy theorists. None of your proof will ever be persuasive.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 07:58 am
Man certainly landed on the moon. Give me three evidences that proves beyond question that it didn't happen.
0 Replies

Mashlin

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 09:09 am
There has been race head-to-head to the moon between Russia and the USA and thats during the cold war. What do you think thr Russians would have done, if there has been any doubt about the luna landing? Sitting aorund and doing nothing?

And think about all the people, who had to be involved into that fake?
It must have been hundreds or thousands and everbody (including their relatives) keeps the silent until today? Not really.

And does anybody really believe, that the NASA scientist (by the way, the NASA is a space organisation. They have to do know, what the space looks like) are stupid enough, to make such stupid mistakes like a wrong illumination?

I've never heard an argumant against the luna landing, which couldn't be explained with a logical explanation. For example the missing stars on many photos. Shouldn't there be millions of stars in the background? Of course the luna sky is full of stars, but because of the short shutter time of the camera they aren't visible on the photos. You may call it a lie, but this explanation is much more traceable than the idea of a faked luna landing.

Quote:
I havent nor plan to read this whole thread but I must say one thing. When the lunar modules of the space crafts during the apollo missions blasted off of the moons surface...they left their "landing gear" behind...a quite large quadrapod type assembly. I have to believe that any of the large land based telescopes on earth could easily see these things. This makes it rather unlikely that it was faked simply because it would be so easy to demonstrate if they were.

There'll be a (afaik japanese) mission in the next few years, that will look after the landing module as a secondery task.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:54 pm
It is pretty well known by now that the landing was faked by NASA for budgetary/political reasons and that the footage presented as lunar surface footage was shot just outside of Carson City Nevada. Several former project participants, most notably John Kelly, a former NASA engineer, have described their own participation in great detail, and former "LA Times" reporter, Don Palast is coming out with a book about it this summer, based on exhaustive interviews with participants and witnesses.
0 Replies

engineer

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:33 pm
Got a link?
Do you have a link to support that? My search yielded nothing relating either name to the moon.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:37 pm
Re: Got a link?
engineer wrote:
Do you have a link to support that? My search yielded nothing relating either name to the moon.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:40 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
It is pretty well known by now that the landing was faked by NASA for budgetary/political reasons and that the footage presented as lunar surface footage was shot just outside of Carson City Nevada. Several former project participants, most notably John Kelly, a former NASA engineer, have described their own participation in great detail, and former "LA Times" reporter, Don Palast is coming out with a book about it this summer, based on exhaustive interviews with participants and witnesses.

Not another conspiracy bandit looking to cash in on spurious claims!
Mr Stillwater

Sat 22 Jan, 2005 02:34 am
Considering the cost involved in 'producing' such an event (for one thing you would actually had to have sent a vehicle to the Moon to convince the Soviets and Europeans who were able to track it there and back) and suppressing the 'secret' it would have been cheaper to send them to the Moon.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that it probably cost MORE to re-create the sinking of the Titanic on 70mm film than it did to build and launch the real ship!
Mr BOB

Fri 26 Dec, 2008 01:22 am
such theory's were likely started as a result of way too many who became scared and thought our going to the moon would cause the martians to come explore our earth..
people afraid of the status quo create grand illusions inside their mind and often feel compelled to "prove a hoax" in order to keep the status quo alive and well

some conspiracy's may well be true while most are likely not
but as time goes on so to does the spreading of the theory and the more who support the theory the more true it must be Right ? ( Wrong .. LOL )

not looking a obvious facts but rather upon the simpler happenings of the moon landings still shows it far more likely then could be un likely that we landed upon the moon

by the way i agree with the observation of ham radio to show it is true
i also agree that if we put as much effort those 30 yrs ago on energy crisis and responsibility as we are trying now .. i too wonder where we would be now with that
0 Replies

curtis73

Sat 27 Dec, 2008 11:14 am
As much as I LOVE conspiracy theories, this one is just a theory. The Griffith Park observatory did a thing on this conspiracy. I saw with my own eyes, the flag and the footprints through the East telescope. Yeah, someone went there.

Mythbusters also did a show on it where they showed images of the footprints and flag, as well as tested the mirrors left by the astronauts. They shoot a laser at the mirror and record its bounce. I guess NASA thought ahead to leave mirrors to prove they were there. They must be rocket scientists.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 27 Dec, 2008 12:17 pm
@Bibliophile the BibleGuru,
You haven't been around for a month of Sundays . . . hope you're keeping well, you unregenerate Christian, you . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 27 Dec, 2008 12:22 pm
@Mr Stillwater,
A thoroughly plausible thesis. J. P. Morgan's trust purchased RMS Titanic in 1912 for $7.5 million. The budget for the 1997 motion picture was $200 million.
0 Replies

Babslee44

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:51 pm
@cjhsa,
Not polar bears!!! LOL
0 Replies

Babslee44

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:53 pm
@cjhsa,
Not Polar Bears!!!!! :-)
0 Replies

Babslee44

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:54 pm
@Setanta,
HOW ARE DEER SUPPOSED TO KNOW THEY HAVE TO USE THE DEER CROSSING IF THEY CAN'T READ?

They ask a wise Owl to read it for them!!!!
0 Replies