he stole my prune juice!

Reyn

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 07:53 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Reyn, didn't you used to have the exclusive concession rights on so-called "human interest" stories on A2k? How d'ya feel about dyslexia horning in your territory?

Hmm, not sure about exclusive, but I was very active, for sure.

Now that there's a few people contibuting here, it puts a smile on my face.

Mind you, no one has quite measured up to some of the gems I used to come up with. Wink
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 08:30 am
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

Mind you, no one has quite measured up to some of the gems I used to come up with. Wink

damn straight.
who could measure up to your reporting of the chihuahua that fell into the sausage making machine?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 08:30 am
This is sad, really. Who makes it to 94 and expects to die by being beaten to death in their bed by their 81 year old roommate? Who makes it to 81 without a crime and expects to go to prison for murder?? (Assuming the latter had no history of crime)

"Expects" isn't the word I'm looking for... maybe imagines. I can't imagine myself in either position and I doubt either of them did either.

If there is no history of crime, I'd tend to think the 81yo snapped for some reason other than prune juice or snoring. Maybe something chemical going on???
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 08:37 am
Seriously though.

I have seen some residents of nursing homes do some horrible, horrible things to others, and knew exactly what they were doing.

While I can't say in some cases a elderly person who commits a crime shouldn't be let off easy, in many other cases they need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I think ONE deciding factor I'd consider is if this person is likely to commit, or attempt to commit the same act again, if let off easy.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 08:39 am
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

This is sad, really. Who makes it to 94 and expects to die by being beaten to death in their bed by their 81 year old roommate? Who makes it to 81 without a crime and expects to go to prison for murder?? (Assuming the latter had no history of crime)

"Expects" isn't the word I'm looking for... maybe imagines. I can't imagine myself in either position and I doubt either of them did either.

If there is no history of crime, I'd tend to think the 81yo snapped for some reason other than prune juice or snoring. Maybe something chemical going on???

Agreeing with you about the "something chemical going on" squinney, but I wouldn't assume this 81 year old has no history.
0 Replies