he stole my prune juice!

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 10:01 am
LAGUNA HILLS -- Police have arrested an 81-year-old man on suspicion of killing his 94-year-old roommate at a nursing home in Laguna Hills.

A disturbance was reported around 11:20 p.m. Friday at the Palm Terrace Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, located in the 2400 block of Calle Aragon.

Authorities say the 81-year-old William Leo McDougall struck his 94-year-old roommate, Manh Ban Nguyen, over the head several times with a a bar.

Nguyen was taken to Saddleback Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

"What prompted the attack is still under investigation. Obviously, this is very unusual," Sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,625 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 08:56 pm
@dyslexia,
How'd you know it was prune juice?

I see no mention of prune juice anywhere. Wink
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:01 pm
@Reyn,
Good detective work Reyn!

Got Dys backed into a corner. All we got to do is wait for the Agatha Christie based salon confession as we sit with the usual suspects and you interrogating Dys with this new evidence!
Wink
dyslexia

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:01 pm
@Reyn,
I made that part up. maybe he just snored loudly.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:02 pm
@dyslexia,
You need to hire Perry Mason dear Dyslexia! And quick!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
zar, you stalking me? uh, are you? I know where you live zar. backed into a corner! my ass zar. I'm gonna back you into a corner. damnit zar I buy you books and I buy you books and all you do is chew on the covers. well zar, I've had it with you. I mean it!

So you getting any rain in Manhattan?
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:15 pm
@dyslexia,
I believed that the man should be indicted, tried, and executed. A person should not be given a "pass" for committing homicide, just because he is 81. That is ageism at its very worst.

If I were anywhere near Laguna Hills, I would be picketing right now. Let's hear it, "Equal justice for all!"
dyslexia

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:25 pm
@Phoenix32890,
you been away Phoenix so you probably don't, there's a shortage of Sodium Pentothal right now so all executions have been put off. Perhaps they could just not give him his flomax.
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:34 pm
@dyslexia,
Two points for you, dys. After reading your post I could have used a bit of Ditropan!
dyslexia

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:38 pm
@Phoenix32890,
what the hell are you doing up at this hour, you stuck in the wrong time zone?
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 10:01 pm
@dyslexia,
You betcha! Imagine my chagrin, when I discovered that Arizona does not recognize daylight savings time, (except on Native American lands). I purposely kept my watch on E.S.T. (which, of course, is the ONLY correct time) It was so much fun keeping the time straight. Rolling Eyes So now I am still three hours out of whack.
Eva

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 10:09 pm
His roommate was 94 years old, for crying out loud. That's 13 years older. I bet he wouldn't have pulled that with somebody his own age.

This is elder abuse, that's what it is! I am outraged! Outraged, I tell you!!!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 07:48 am
@Phoenix32890,
well Phoenix, you did just spend some time in Sedona where time is measured by the alignment of the planets rather than GMT. I suggest you have a cuppa Celestial Seasonings Tea, join an antigravity yoga class and super-glue a crystal to your forehead.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 07:52 am
@dyslexia,
Did you know that prunes are a type of plum, from which both the dried wrinkly things we know as prunes and prune juice are made?

I didn't, 'til recently.
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 08:00 am
@sozobe,
Soz- Some years ago, there was a movement to rename the product "dried plums", as prunes had adverse connotations.

What the hell? If I ever need it, I will drink prune juice, and not be concerned about the implications. Hey, if it works, I say, "go for it"! Laughing
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 08:10 am
@dyslexia,
Some rain on the weekend and perhaps some more rain today.

As for the corner chewing? Some books taste like bubble gum. Good source for dietary fiber in my literary diet! Surprised
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 08:16 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
just cut and paste < snip> and stop pretending you have something to say.
regards, The Dys.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 08:14 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I made that part up. maybe he just snored loudly.

I think you're made that up, too. Wink

That sort of thing used to get me into trouble a lot here.
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 09:21 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn, didn't you used to have the exclusive concession rights on so-called "human interest" stories on A2k? How d'ya feel about dyslexia horning in your territory?
Pemerson

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 12:52 am
An 81-year-old man killed his 94-year-old roommate in a nursing home? As Calamity said, maybe he was crying too loud. That's very sad, you know. Old people don't get on too well with roommates. How will we ever know the motive?
Just gave him a few whacks with an iron bar? At least now he'll get a private room, but in a jail. Good place to get rid of all that anxiety, and all over prune juice.
0 Replies