"White America Has Lost Its Mind" article by white writer in Village Voice

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:35 pm

http://www.villagevoice.com/2010-09-29/news/white-america-has-lost-its-mind/
I kinda think only the writer has lost his own tiny mind but what do YOU think?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:40 pm
@electronicmail,
I find much of what the guy says to be completely and totally accurate. And if you bothered thinking about things, I'm sure you would too.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:42 pm
@electronicmail,
That's from the article, it's about two Tea Party favorites
Quote:
Again, only white lunacy explains it: Neither O'Donnell nor Paladino is a fringe candidate. O'Donnell has a difficult, but not impossible, chance to become a U.S. Senator. Paladino may yet become New York's next governor. (He's already polling ahead of Andrew Cuomo among likely male voters, who are generally white and clearly stark raving mad.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:44 pm
I know you love this political ****, Cyclo, but really, you shouldn't feed the troll. He's only here hoping to pick a fight.
JPB

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:45 pm
@electronicmail,
Quote:
Today, Newsweek has found, nearly a quarter of Americans believe that Obama is a Muslim, with barely 42 percent of the nation accepting his claim that he's a Christian. CNN finds that a quarter of Americans also believe that Obama was "probably or definitely" born in another country.

Harris found in an online poll that 14 percent of Americans believe in their hearts that President Barack Obama is the antichrist, with nearly a quarter of Republicans saying so.

At least in this form, however, Satan (sometimes) wears a flag pin.

Are you doubting the stats, em? I don't.
djjd62

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:45 pm
i'd drop white from the title, not write the article and just make it a statement
JPB

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:46 pm
@Setanta,
I hate political ****. I hate ignorance even more.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:47 pm
@djjd62,
You think our nation has lost its mind? You serious? Where are you located?
electronicmail

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:49 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

No because I looked them up. These are the right stats. My beef was with the article headline, not with the polls.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:50 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

JPB wrote:

No because I looked them up. These are the right numbers. My beef was with the article headline, not with the polls.

The article headline seems entirely accurate, given the nature of the contents of the article. Did you read it?

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:51 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I know you love this political ****, Cyclo, but really, you shouldn't feed the troll. He's only here hoping to pick a fight.

It's fun, though! Doesn't hurt anyone.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:51 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Same to you as to JPB I double-checked all his stats they're right. So what?
djjd62

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:52 pm
@electronicmail,
Canada, and yes i think your nation is scared and doesn't know what to do, a certain group thought an inexperienced politician was gonna save them, and now a certain amount of another group thinks more inexperienced politicians are gonna save them, it' makes for some great political spectating i must say

but then i love car crashes
dyslexia

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:55 pm
@djjd62,
yeah, I love fresh caught steamed alaskan king crab legs but I'm here in Albaturkey so I eat Spam instead.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:57 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Same to you as to JPB I double-checked all his stats they're right. So what?

What do you mean, so what? You asked what people thought about the article, and I answered you. Is that the extent of the conversation you are looking to have?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:02 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:
My beef was with the article headline, not with the polls.

Why, because a white guy thinks that White America has lost its mind? I think he's spot on.

Quote:
Is there any hope? Can the white mind be cured? And what—other than a massive lobotomy—can salvage it? It's hard to imagine a cure when, at this point, the patient doesn't seem to realize that he's sick. Rush Limbaugh, for example, has declared that it's black Americans who have a problem. The "black frame of mind is terrible" because of unemployment, and, equally important, because of "Tiger Woods's choice of females," he has said. What was that about a pot and a kettle?

If there is a cure, it likely won't come from Barack Obama. There are those who say that this president invited our current derangement by not being commanding enough. They say he should have inveighed Franklin D. Roosevelt, who famously said before ever being re-elected, "I should like to have it said of my first Administration that in it, the forces of selfishness and of lust for power met their match. I should like to have it said . . . of my second Administration that in it these forces met their master." But if Obama ever referred to being the "master" of anything, he'd scare white people more than he already does.

Glenn Beck is one of the downright terrified, and has said that Obama has "a deep-seated hatred of white people or the white culture." Which makes you wonder, has Beck really not seen Obama in his golf attire?

In the end, it goes beyond Obama, and the current economy, and is really about the inevitable demographic future of America, those coming browns and the grays. They will—one way or another—have to learn to get along.

It is true, as Brownstein says, that the graying boomers will hate to pay for the education, health, and welfare of the coming browns. They'll be stingy about it. They'll scream about it. But they'll have no choice but to do it.

How is this not true?
electronicmail

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:07 pm
@JPB,
You're mixing up facts like polls with conclusions imho.

At least Dyslexia agrees with you. He wrote this on my other thread I moved it here
Quote:
the tea party? well you know when someone has this major trauma and the docs in the hospital gives them drugs to like put them in like a coma so they aren't like anywhere but their brains are like turned off for some period of time and they continue like in a coma but it's not really a coma it's just like they are still there but their not there like that cat in the box thingy. they're not anywhere but they're somewhere but no body knows where they are like maybe plasma and everybody knows they're there maybe in a closet or something vague and nebulous like. and they're mad cause they want to be somewhere even when they are nowhere and they get confused and some of them have guns and stuff. I hope that's clear now.

What major trauma are we talking about?
electronicmail

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:10 pm
@JPB,
How is this not true? This part right at the end of your quote isn't true:
Quote:
... But they'll have no choice but to do it.

Ain't gonna happen.
JPB

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:12 pm
@electronicmail,
You've just answered your own question above. Did you read the entire article? The part about the demographics of White America?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:14 pm
@electronicmail,
In addition to the major trauma of the demographics and expectations of White America, the greatest trauma in my estimation is the fact that a sizable portion of the American populace thinks we can/should be governed by moronic buffoons!

1. Forums
  2. » "White America Has Lost Its Mind" article by white writer in Village Voice
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:05:17