"White America Has Lost Its Mind" article by white writer in Village Voice

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 10:36 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

So you got no sources. That's what I thought.

I just listed a bunch of sources, and what more, linked to an article which contained a wealth of data on that topic. Not only that, but as was pointed out to you, your original piece that YOU posted to start the thread is a great source of this information.

How do you reconcile this with your claim that there are 'no sources' for my information? There is a clear problem with your attempt to hold up your end of the argument here - you can't just wave your hand and make things you don't like vanish.

Cycloptichorn
Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 10:50 am
This guy is just incredible in his ability to completely ignore anything which contradicts what he is willing to believe, up to and including what he posts and links himself.
electronicmail

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 10:54 am
@Cycloptichorn,
You listed opinions that agree with yours. Reliable sources are factual, like PROOFS. I can well believe you went to a public school in TX, none of you can read.
Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 10:55 am
Well, you must have learned to read in a venue far worse than that, because you didn't ask for proof, you asked for souces.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 10:56 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

You listed opinionsthat agree with yours. Reliable sources are factual, like PROOFS. I can well believe you went to a public school in TX, none of you can read.

You accuse others of being unable to read?

I listed factors that influenced MY opinion. I gave you a link to others of them.

Not only that, but you didn't ask for facts or proof, you said this:

Quote:

Got any, like, sources for that.

You didn't ask for facts to back it up, or proof, you asked for sources. Besides - if direct observation of racist and bigoted behaviors aren't proof, what exactly would you consider to be proof?

Quote:
I can well believe you went to a public school in TX, none of you can read.

You're making an ass out of yourself.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 10:58 am
Personally, i think he was already an ass. He's just publicly displaying it now.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 11:00 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Well, you must have learned to read in a venue far worse than that, because you didn't ask for proof, you asked for souces.

I forgot to add "reliable" before "sources" 'cos I thought any idiot would figure out I want reliable sources when I say sources. When you go to rent a car do you ask for a reliable car? If they hand over the keys to a lemon you'll be unable to complain according to your logic?
Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 11:03 am
@electronicmail,
According to my logic (which is something about which you know nothing, and which is not revealed in pointing out your stupidity to you), i can always contact the office of the Attorney General for the state in which i rent the vehicle.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 11:34 am
@electronicmail,
And what would you accept as a 'reliable' source? Is my own observation not a reliable source when it comes to formulating my own opinions?

I am fascinated by such a belief.

Cycloptichorn
Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 11:37 am
He's pulling **** like this in the challenges to the teaching of evolution thread. He posts something, and when he gets slapped down on it, he babbles on about what a "sane" or a "reasonable" person construe. Given that he apparently cannot even read and understand the material he links himself, there is no good reason to assume that he is either sane or reasonable.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 01:03 pm
Does this make him a troll?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 03:05 pm
Actually, i don't think so. I think he actually believes that he's making sense. That makes him an idiot, but not a troll.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 06:59 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Is my own observation not a reliable source when it comes to formulating my own opinions?

Sure is. Schizophrenics have opinions based on their own observation as well. That doesn't make them reliable sources for the rest of us. After racism will you now accuse the Tea Party of discrimination against the mentally disabled?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 07:20 am
I'm sure they'd be willing, they probably just haven't thought of it yet. After all, it is a noticably dull-witted bunch.
electronicmail

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 07:38 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I'm sure they'd be willing, they probably just haven't thought of it yet. After all, it is a noticably dull-witted bunch.

What, you disagree with Cyclop's Rolling Stone article? It claims no Tea Party racism (I agree) and claims the party is co-opted by the Republicans (I disagree) and claims all its participants are.... well you better read it:
Quote:
..Republicans managed to get back in the game anyway by plucking an assortment of nativist freaks, village idiots and Internet Hitlers out of thin air and training them into a giant ball of incoherent resentment just in time for the 2010 midterms.

Laughing Laughing Drunk
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:26 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Setanta wrote:

What, you disagree with Cyclop's Rolling Stone article? It claims no Tea Party racism (I agree) and claims the party is co-opted by the Republicans (I disagree) and claims all its participants are.... well you better read it:
Quote:
..Republicans managed to get back in the game anyway by plucking an assortment of nativist freaks, village idiots and Internet Hitlers out of thin air and training them into a giant ball of incoherent resentment just in time for the 2010 midterms.

Laughing Laughing Drunk

That sounds about right. Which one are you? I would go with village idiot, because you don't seem to have an understanding of any issue in enough depth to properly discuss it.

Do you feel that you are representative of the Tea Partiers? That you represent an average ability to understand and discuss issues?

Cycloptichorn
Setanta

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 10:31 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
That you represent an average ability to understand and discuss issues?

Which is to say, none at all.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 11:20 am
I would say that the asshole who started this thread makes the point that the article is talking about quite nicely. Or he's just a dumb ****.
electronicmail

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 10:53 am
@kickycan,
Who cares what you would or would not say? No, really, can you think of anybody who really cares? Imho not even your friends, if you got any. Do you?
djjd62

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 11:47 am
@electronicmail,
i firmly believe everything mr. k. can says
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:07:47