Things That Make You Just Go Awwwww........

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 12:13 pm
Lately, I have been not quite myself. Sometimes I just get a little too focused on the bad things in the world. I think it happens to all of us every now and then. So, I came across something today and I wanted to share it with you. I think it's pretty special. It made me smile. It gave me hope, especially for our kids, and it made my heart feel lighter.

Do you have something that just made you go awwww when you were feeling a bit down and depressed? Maybe you weren't even feeling down but something touched you?

If so, please share it.

Here is what made me go awwwww today: (There is a video in the article.)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Down-syndrome-football-player-scores-TD-in-Washi?urn=highschool-272803

Quote:
Ditzenberger, a junior at Snohomish (Wash.) High School, achieved a major milestone on Friday in a game against Lake Stevens, running 51 yards for a touchdown with 10 seconds remaining. The "Ike Special" provided the only points in Snohomish's 35-6 loss. It was the first varsity touchdown in Ditzenberger's career, a ramble through an opposing defense that mirrors the end to Snohomish practices every day, when Ditzenberger gets the final run of practice and somehow finds the end zone, through a combination of running guile and intentionally passive defenders.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,071 • Replies: 7
No top replies

JTT

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 02:14 pm
@Arella Mae,
The young of every species; babies, colts/fillies/calves/puppies/kittens/... .

Interspecies play is particularly cute.
djjd62

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 02:19 pm
@JTT,
kittens are the best
http://images.free-extras.com/pics/k/kittens-463.jpg
chai2

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 03:10 pm
@djjd62,
did you see littlek's video on Whack-A-Kitty?

That really was adorable.

"why you hitz me on da heds with dat? ok i go back down now"
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 03:16 pm
All those things definitely make one go awww and give you a smile. I love the kitten pic! I will have to look for littlek's video.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 03:21 pm
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 03:32 pm
@chai2,
Awwwwwwwww! That is so cute! I love the music that went with it. Thanx so much for posting it. LOL! Too precious.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 08:33 pm
If you are ever feeling down and sorry for yourself this video will help. When I saw this I cried and I cried and I laughed and I smiled. To have the attitude this young man has is surely a gift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZuKF3dxCY
0 Replies