Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 08:40 am
The newest stray dog that showed up at my place a few weeks ago has developed some kind of I don't even know what to call it-maybe skin condition-bites, something that I have never seen before. It starts out looking liked caked mud in a small (about 1/4 inch) circle. Then it it seems to open and drain and then heals up. It is leaving tiny bald spots on the dog and I don't know if the hair will grow back or not since this problem just came up. I haven't been able to find a thing on the internet that comes close to this. I am wondering if it's ants, allergies, or bites of some kind? The dog is not in any pain and the little sores heal up really quickly once they open. I am totally stumped. Most of them are on her face and she has just a few on her body. One of the other dogs has only one of these now bald spots and none of the other dogs have any.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,090 • Replies: 5
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 09:48 am
@Arella Mae,
Read this to learn if this is the dog's problem.

http://www.mange-in-dogs.com/mange-in-dogs-symptoms.php

BBB
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 10:10 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Tiny's skin isn't thickened or crusty where the round spots are. There isn't any odor from her and she's not even scratching the spots. But, since she does have one or two of the other symptoms I'm going to call the vet. Thank you for the link!

I just talked to the vet's office. He thinks it might be some kind of bug bite like she might have gotten into an ant bed. I need Mac wormed anyway so he's going to make a farm call Wednesday and he'll look at Tiny.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 11:41 am
Dr. Odom came out this morning. He said the puppy was bitten by something and a few of the bites turned into hot spots (sores). He told me to give Tiny a bath and to get all of the scabs off of the spots and she will be fine. She will look funny for awhile until her hair grows back.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 11:45 am
@Arella Mae,
Glad Tiny has a treatable problem.

BBB
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 06:50 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Thank you BBB. Poor little thing was homeless then gets attacked by bugs. But we will get her to being her beautiful self again soon.
0 Replies