Weird Tweets Shared Here!

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 01:20 pm
Tweets are a great source for haiku, philosophical soundbites, and weird stuff (especially taken out of context):

Quote:
christhile

Though one learns to take such things in stride, I haven't fully recovered from hearing our waiter sing "Islands In the Stream" at brunch.
12 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Chris Thile, lead vocalist/mandolinist from the folk bands, Nickel Creek and Punch Brothers.

What amusing/weird tweets have you retweeted out of context?

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2010 01:54 pm
TheOnion The Onion
Quote:
Nevada Proposition 6: Would legalize and tax the sale of bags of oregano to dumb 13-year-olds
Irishk

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 03:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
Is it true that the new Secret Service codeword for POTUS is "Dude?"

Laughing
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 07:31 pm
NathanFillion
Quote:
Next year, my Halloween costume will be @joelmchale. All I need is his skin.
28 minutes ago
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2010 07:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
jeph jacques
But first I have to go pick up my ARCH-NEMESIS at the airport, lock him in my car, and set my car on fire!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 06:26 pm
Quote:
jephjacques
We had to cut off personalizations because there were A THOUSAND OF THEM ad my hand is going to fall off #ultimate1stworldproblem

Only in the developed world does selling 1000 books in a single day by a webcomic artist considered an actual problem. Okay they're 1000 autographed and personalized books and there is only one artist to hand draw the personalization for all 1000 books....
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 06:29 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
simonpegg Simon Pegg
So many assume Minnie is my daughter. I ask you this. Why the **** would I walk my infant daughter round the block at 10pm & log her shits.

Minnie is Mr. Pegg's dog.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:14 pm
apparently there's a girl in the US whose Twitter name is "the ashes" - a sort of nickname.

She's picked up about 8000 followers while the Ashes cricket is on - and she's getting a little sick of it. I suspect quite a number of persons (probably not Australians) are taking the piss!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 08:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
Nathan Fillion's dad was my highschool english teacher. He's got the same sense of humour as his dad.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 05:35 pm
@Ceili,
Did you ever meet the young, handsome and charismatic (taking liberties that he as charming back in his youth as he is today) was proto~actor?
Ceili

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 05:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yeah, I saw him in a couple of plays. He was devastatingly handsome back then too. He's definitely his dad's boy when it comes to charm and humour. Not sure what a proto-actor is though.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2010 11:21 pm
@Ceili,
Proto-actor is my made up word for the life that a famous actor or actress lead before choosing to be an actor.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 01:56 pm
Quote:
christhile Chris Thile
Dear massage parlors and commercial airlines, Boys choirs and tribal drumming aren't relaxing to anyone who cares about music. Best, C

I'm a music snob as well and certain music grinds my soul in the wrong way that I just want to throw the offenders radio down the toilet.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 07:06 pm
Quote:
joelmchale Joel McHale
About to ride the real Polar Express in Sacramento. This better be authentic. I expect to see Tom Hanks & children with dead fish eyes.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 07:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
paulapoundstone Paula Poundstone
If we tax the use of [t]he word "like" we could restore the budget surplus.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 07:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
simonschuster Simon & Schuster
Want to find out the dirt on the stars of The Hills? Ask @LoBosworth herself during her live online chat 1/12@3:30 EST

You can't get any weirder then this. Who in their right mind would want to find out ANYTHING about the stars of MTV's culture/civilization destroying The Hills?!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 07:18 pm
Quote:
billmaher Bill Maher
Awesome! Arianna Huffington - a close personal friend of mine - now controls Mapquest! Sweeeet!
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 10:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
God_Damn_Batman The Batman
Christopher Nolan is the director Oscar deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So he'll get snubbed. Because he can take it.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 11:37 am
@tsarstepan,
StephenAtHome Stephen Colbert
They say if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Well, I guess I need to figure out a way to join athlete's foot.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 06:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
scalzi John Scalzi
One of those paranormal shows on Syfy was on in the background. As it was on I felt a chill, as if something stupid was behind me.
0 Replies