iron in well water

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 02:06 pm
we are in process of selling our home in nj. they have stringent water tests where we live. we had the tests done and we failed for iron turbidity and magnese. we cleaned out softener by using iron out and we regenerated about 5 times. got another test done and passed magnese failed iron and turbidity. the test results were iron .8 max limits are 0.3 turbidity was 1.7 max limits 1. we would like to avoid getting a new softener is there anything cost effective we can do to get the results we are looking for?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,701 • Replies: 5
No top replies

JTT

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 03:37 pm
@Coolmom59h,
If getting rid of iron was simply a matter of masking the results, then there would be no need for stringent water tests. Trying to trick prospective buyers can lead to lots of unforeseen costs.
JPB

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 03:40 pm
@Coolmom59h,
And get a liver profile. Increased iron intake over a long period of time will kill your liver.
0 Replies

Coolmom59h

Reply Sat 25 Sep, 2010 07:59 am
@JTT,
not trying to trick buyers want a solution that is cost effective for us. we are in process of buying a new softener so im not trying to get away with not doing what i have to i just wanted to see if there was a way to add to the system already in place to aid the softener.
JTT

Reply Sat 25 Sep, 2010 08:28 am
@Coolmom59h,
I don't believe that a H2O softener will fix your iron problems. Have you talked with any companies about a rust filter?
0 Replies

saovietxulynuoc

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 03:18 am
If you want to removal iron from well water,you should use oxidation method not soften
0 Replies