GOT MESSAGE YAHOO WOULD TERMINATE SERVICE UNLESS ACCOUNT INFO UPDATED

Sglass

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 11:03 am
I got an email from Yahoo? saying that if I didn't update my account info that my service would be terminated. I wonder if this is legit or some kind of scam. Anyone else that has Yahoo receive this type of message?

It seems there are a lot of unused accounts???? It seems to me they should know the difference between a used and unused account.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 11:06 am
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

I got an email from Yahoo? saying that if I didn't update my account info that my service would be terminated. I wonder if this is legit or some kind of scam. Anyone else that has Yahoo receive this type of message?

It seems there are a lot of unused accounts???? It seems to me they should know the difference between a used and unused account.

You are being Phished - it is a scam. Nobody is ever going to terminate your service from anything over email.

Cycloptichorn
Sglass

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 11:11 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Thank you Cyclo!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 11:16 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Give the man the Question answered ribbon. I believe he hit the problem right on the nose.
Sglass

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 11:54 am
@tsarstepan,
Okay
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 02:23 pm
@Sglass,
It's a scam. Don't even click on their email.
Sglass

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 04:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I did will something bad happen?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 05:43 pm
@Sglass,
There are both spams and viruses going around, so when you don't know the individual sending the email, it's best to delete with Spam. Any time you get email asking for personal info, it's a scam.
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 05:34 am
According to a recent Microsoft Security Bulletin, the same technique is being used in regards to Hotmail accounts in an attempt to get personal information from the unwary.
0 Replies

SteveWR

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 04:20 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I received the same message twice today 8-6-15 for me to give up current info and click on here op in or op out and all will be ok I tried to comply but it did not work after I clicked.The last message was termination was immenent.Im thinking SCAM would yahoo do this to ther customers for not updating.?Im tired of this crap if its a scam.Someone tell me whats really going on. Thanks Steve
jespah

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 04:35 pm
@SteveWR,
That is always a scam.

100% of the time. Yahoo is a free service; you don't have to update anything (it's a website, anyway, and not software. There is nothing to update) because they know that people can and do just make a new account if the old one fails to work for some reason and a password cannot be recovered.
roger

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 05:05 pm
@jespah,
Yep. This is going around again. The last time, you had to enter your password to "Update". If you did so, you just might ougata' change your password - right now.
0 Replies