Strange. Does God wants us to rebel and sin?

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 04:03 pm

If you read scripture properly, you can only conclude that God wanted Satan to rebel or become God’s loyal opposition, .as well as God wanting Adam and Eve to disobey His command.

Let me first say that the only possible source for our moral sense, something we should all be trying to improve is the knowledge of good and evil. This makes eating of the tree of knowledge imperative to our elevation from mere dumb beasts.

Gen 3 5
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.--- Talking snake.

Gen 3:22
22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:--- God.

Col 1 15
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

This would include evil, sin and temptation.

1 Timothy 2
1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Matt 5 48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

To do so we must know good and evil.

Gen 3 7
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

To be saved, you have to be in peril. Scripturally speaking, that means you have to be a sinner.

From what I can gather from the above quotes, to attain God’s perfection, man must rebel and or sin. God wants us to have knowledge of truth of good and evil so that our eyes can be open to them. That is likely why He created evil for us, and His pleasure, in the first place.

This explains why, in Genesis, God allows a supernatural Satan to have access to a Childish Adam and Eve and who is there, on God’s behalf, to make sure Adam and Eve eat of the tree of knowledge.
We all know that in a contest between man and the supernatural, be it Satan or some other, the supernatural always wins. God after all gave Satan the power to deceive all men to do good or to do evil.

God also knows this and sent Satan to start us up properly.

So rebel or sin my friends and repent because this is the key to knowing God; just as it was in the days of Adam and Eve. Eat hearty and be as Gods, knowing good and evil and let us pray that you only have to do small sins to learn.

The wages of sin are to be as Gods and our way of entering heaven.

Eh. Before you say that Jesus, a good Rabbi but a poor the chimera usurper God is the way is the way.

Psa 49:7 None [of them] can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Pro 21:3 To do justice and judgment [is] more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

This you do with the moral sense that you gain only from knowing good and evil.

I know that most believers do not quite believe this way yet. most have yet to take their factlesss faith and add the facts to it and change their faith to true belief. This takes logic and reason. If you have some of this then if you apply it to the logic trail above, you will agree as your eyes will be open.

As a parting thought, if you think me wrong, if god did not want man to sin, why, according to scripture and tradition, are we all born with a God given sinning nature?
Can man fight his own nature?

Impossible.

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,821 • Replies: 45
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 05:25 pm
Yes. Yes he does.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 11:23 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Yes. Yes he does.

Seems so.

Then the Church turned it around from our elevation to our fall for our guilt to loosen the purse strings.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 01:49 pm
@Greatest I am,
The logical holes in the Satan story cause me to become an atheist at age ten or so.
Mame

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 02:05 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

If you read scripture properly, you can only conclude that God wanted Satan to rebel or become God’s loyal opposition, .as well as God wanting Adam and Eve to disobey His command.

First of all, how does one read anything 'properly'?

Secondly, God didn't write or say any of that stuff; men did. Therefore, you can't conclude anything about God and what he did or didn't want whatsoever.
BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 02:09 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Secondly, God didn't write or say any of that stuff; men did

Sorry the theory is that god cause men to write the nonsense in the bible and other religion books
Mame

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 02:30 pm
@BillRM,
Yeah, that's the THEORY. There is no PROOF. It's a bunch of bullshit created by men in order to control society and explain our presence.
BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 02:58 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Yeah, that's the THEORY. There is no PROOF. It's a bunch of bullshit created by men in order to control society and explain our presence.

True...........however w to you prove an negative to the religion people?
Mame

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 03:02 pm
@BillRM,
You don't have to prove it; it's common sense. I don't care what they think. Some people believe aliens live among us, too.

Live and let live.
djjd62

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 03:03 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
First of all, how does one read anything 'properly'?

if the bible is written in english and free of any printing deviations, you would hold the book with the front cover facing you, positioned so the words are the right way around, then start at the beginning, reading each page left to right and top to bottom until you reach the last page

by the way, the butler did it
Mame

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 03:04 pm
@djjd62,
Thank you for enlightening me on both counts, dj. Gotta say, I did suspect the butler.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 03:35 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Some people believe aliens live among us, too.

LOL They do I am surrounded with aliens as a matter of fact.

All my neighbors are aliens.....IE I live in South Florida the land of the Aliens.

Mame

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 03:38 pm
@BillRM,
You're an alien, too, in that sense, BillRM, if your English is anything to go by. I don't think of anyone as 'aliens' and think it's an insulting word. There are illegals and there are immigrants. Aliens, to me, are from outer space.
BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 03:47 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
You're an alien, too, in that sense, BillRM, if your English is anything to go by.

Sorry born and raised here as a fourth and fifth generation American depending on the side of the family you look at.

Why would aliens be insulting any more then immigrants and not all aliens living in the US are immigrants either what do we call them beside damn Canadians? Razz
Mame

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 04:11 pm
@BillRM,
Because you're used to the word, you're inured to it, but it is offensive because they're not alien, they're immigrants, just as your ancestors were. I don't understand why your English is so poor if you were born and raised in the US.
BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 04:38 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Because you're used to the word, you're inured to it, but it is offensive because they're not alien, they're immigrants, just as your ancestors were

Sorry as I pointed out before not everyone who live and even work in the US are immigrants or US citizens what do we call them? Would you suggest very long-term working visitors perhaps?

Second, this PC nonsense in declaring a word ban for no logical reason can get annoying.

Other then you just do not happening to like the word alien do you have any logical reason for us to stop using it, unless we are referring to the title of a science fiction movie, or not?

The below dictionary meaning number one seem to fit just fine.

adj.
1. Owing political allegiance to another country or government; foreign: alien residents.
2. Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or person; strange. See synonyms at foreign.
3. Dissimilar, inconsistent, or opposed, as in nature: emotions alien to her temperament.
n.
1. An unnaturalized foreign resident of a country. Also called noncitizen.
2. A person from another and very different family, people, or place.
3. A person who is not included in a group; an outsider.
4. A creature from outer space: a story about an invasion of aliens.
5. Ecology. An organism, especially a plant or animal, that occurs in or is naturalized in a region to which it is not native.

0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 04:46 pm
Ha! I knew you were going to quote the dictionary at me. Look, Native Indians don't like the word "squaw", but it's in the dictionary, too, and everybody knows what it means - that doesn't make it right to use it - it's derogatory now, when it wasn't when it was first used. You wouldn't call a Chinese person a Chinaman or worse, but it used to be acceptable.

So I'm just saying, if they're illegally in the country, why not just call them illegals, and if they're immigrants (legal), why not just call them immigrants?

At what point does someone stop being an alien to you and become an immigrant?

And you might call it PC, but I call it courteous. The nastier you think, the nastier you are, so why not elevate your thinking and hopefully elevate yourself? That's what I'm saying.
BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 05:03 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
At what point does someone stop being an alien to you and become an immigrant?

Once more for the third time what do we call non-immigrants and non-citizens long-term residents?

The director of my department in my old firm was at one time a citizen of the UK and was not planning on living here forever.

Would it be ok with you it we call him an alien resident of the US or not?

He did carry an alien residential card that so stated and he sure the hell was not an immigrant being a happy subject of the queen.

Mame

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 05:40 pm
@BillRM,
Here we would call your boss a "Landed Immigrant"; otherwise he'd be a citizen.
BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 05:43 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Here we would call your boss a "Landed Immigrant"; otherwise he'd be a citizen.

Sorry my Canadian friend he was not a landed immigrant or any other kind of immigrant and after a few years as plan he return back to the UK.