Negative time

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 10:44 am
Hopefully this is the right forum, am new.

I was imagining the shockwave propagating outward from the point of origin when space and time erupted, along all three spatial axes in all directions "up and down", "forward and back", "left and right". And, similarly, along axis of time - again both directions "forward and back". I'm not sure I'm exactly suggesting two spatial universes "moving" away from one another along axis of time, if so, the "other" would likely function as ours (causality-wise), perhaps even occupy same "space", just would be "moving" in "opposite" direction from the point(s) of origin in the fourth dimension. Either way, I was wondering, couldn't the essentially four-dimensional expansion from the point(s) of origin be along all four axes radially outward in all directions - including both directions of time? Thanks for answers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,427 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fresco

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 01:41 pm
@AlwaysCurious,
"Negative time" is a valid concept in quantum electro dynamics.( Feynman Diagrams) I don't know enough physics to extrapolate to "shock waves" which might bring in distinctions between macro and quantum levels. Note that "causality" is a psychological as opposed to a physical concept.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 03:11 pm
It seems rather unlikely that anyone can simply guess cosmology devoid of any physics. It's about like guessing how to be a brain surgeon.
0 Replies