dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:57 am
I am top cat - NOBODY growls at me....nor ever has in all my 11 cats! Hmmmmmmmm....

Mine get quality canned stuff + raw meat at weekends + good kibble - (or "cat grits", as I call it) - seem to do ok - but who knows?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 10:04 am
Once a week or so I give Carlotta some tuna over her dry food and an occasional saucer of cream. Recently I grew some grarss in a dish for her and she grazes every monring, I have already mowed the grass once.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 11:05 am
Any details on growing grass in a dish you'd like to share. I may try this one.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:00 pm
Some how I knew in my heart of hearts that some of you might possibly take that the wrong direction. I get this Cosmo Grass from Pet Smart, it is a mixture of oats and barley, not fermented. Then I plant it in an old Pyrex baking dish 8"x8"
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:02 pm
I knew what you meant, Joanne, and you've answered my question. Thanks.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:08 pm
dlown..your cats are just as well fed as mine...thats just lovely, nice to hear others like fat little cherubs running around..or are yours thin?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 12:56 pm
Great Roger, I am glad you knew what I meant.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 01:21 pm
Ive wondered about growng grass for mine as well...at least its a thought back in the mind, if I ponder it long then perhaps I will come back here for more information...and if you try it oger..let us know!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 02:11 pm
Quinn - one is fat, one is very thin - go figure.....

I have a balcony with pot of cat grass - they love it. It is just a pot with grass in it - I wish they made DECORATIVE cat grass!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 05:20 pm
decorative cat grass..now theres an interesting item to explore actually.
However, those who do feed the cat grass, do you find they go after your other plants as well?
My oldest destroyed my plants so, I just have a few now, up high and away.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 05:23 pm
Not sure quinn, but I think they are after the roughage, especially in the spring, which is more or less hairball season. Did they eat the other plants when they had plenty of grass?

One of the other plants wasn't catnip, perchance?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 05:26 pm
I actually dont have grass and they are inside cats, that is prbably why the attack on the house plants.
Not catnip, they have plenty of that around and about without planting it as well although I know a woman who grows it along her walkways for the cats to enjoy.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 05:27 pm
i squirted mine - now they just eat the grass........
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 06:36 pm
The squirt does a fine job doesnt it? It didnt work with the house plants though...very sad
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 07:28 pm
Eating and attacking plants that is why I found the grass to grow inside. In addition to helping with hair balls I think it is good for digestion as well.

Roger when I had a home I used to grow catnip for the cats, yikes. They went nuts a couple of times a day.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:18 pm
You can buy little pre-grown things of grass at many pet-stores. It only lasts a couple (one?) weeks, but ti's pretty good. The cat doesn't eat it, but the dog does love it...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:22 pm
I'm going to have to grow it, little k. We only have one good pet store (no live animals in cages) and they don't keep that kind of inventory. Farm town, remember.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:24 pm
Yeah, so, it's not worth the trip to Santa Fe or Cortez, eh?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:31 pm
It is GRASS! Go pick a bit with roots - stick it in a pot - give it some sun - it GROWS - it grows everywhere - it busts roads, it seeds itself on footpaths - mine just grew in the pot - there wqas another plant there originally.....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2002 08:36 pm
ah, the kind they sell at the pet stores is wheat grassm, you'd need to find a farm....

sorry about the typos, the cat.30
00000000+

's trying to get my pizza
0 Replies