Anybody out there want to talk about the moral of human cloning
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,074 • Replies: 20
No top replies

birving1

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 08:49 pm
The Christian postion on cloning the clone would be a unique person in the eyes of God,but first I must ask in all fairness would God be happy with the fact that humans here on earth are trying to take his job fron him ? And what gives other humans the right to play God in the frist place ?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 09:24 pm
There is a previous thread similar to your subject matter if you would like to continue here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14358&highlight=
0 Replies

trixabell

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 05:06 am
...other then the supposed greatness that is human technology, what exactly would be the point? its not natural to clone humans, it will add nothing to human society and there are possible reprocussions that might not be so pretty so all in all why bother?

i dont believe in god, im an atheist, but the moral standpoint i have on human cloning is that the disadvantages outweight the advantages and it is therefore pointless
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:07 am
I am loath to squelch the advancement of science in any way.

Quote:
the disadvantages outweight the advantages and it is therefore pointless

We don't know that yet, do we?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:27 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I am loath to squelch the advancement of science in any way.

Quote:
the disadvantages outweight the advantages and it is therefore pointless

We don't know that yet, do we?

There is something about that last sentence that I really like! :wink: :wink:
0 Replies

Nonstop CnL

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 03:51 pm
cloning and religion
There isn't anything morally wrong with cloning. Face it, cloning is the wave of the future
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 04:00 pm
people at work always ask me if i have a twin brother (who could do the same amount of work as i do).

i don't, but this would be the next best thing...
0 Replies

NICU

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 04:59 pm
So, let's say, we can make a functioning human being. Perfectly.
The value of this creation of a person, is still going to be the actions of that person. How are they considering this component of things, in this creation?
I don't believe in God...but, I do enjoy the nuances of individuals, made in nature. We may be introducing a new set of complications, to this already complex, Earth*.

It's barely trying to hold on.
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 05:34 pm
Well for me i have no moral objection to the advancement or process of cloning. I mean to me unless you can transfer someones memorries into their clone, making a full human clone is pointless. But think about cloning someones heart, cloning their liver, kidney or lungs. These "donor" organs would fit perfectley in your body and could potentially save millions of lives. To me thats worth it very much so. (My view on stem cell research is much the same)
0 Replies

binnyboy

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 06:57 pm
or what if you could get a clone of yourself before it develops... having your own stem cells might be useful...
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 07:30 pm
Already possible, already been done.
0 Replies

binnyboy

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 07:32 pm
not the useful part Smile... yet
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 07:41 pm
I dunno....once the egg nucleus has been removed and replaced with ovarian cumulus cells and they reach the blastocyst stage, you got stem cells that can be anything we want them to be. What's not useful about that, yet?
0 Replies

binnyboy

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 07:45 pm
can you eat them like on south park in order to utilize the stem cells?

I'm just sayin, I'm not gonna be going to the doctor to get some stem cells any time soon.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 07:51 pm
Lol! No, I doubt you'll be able to order them up from a menu of snacks anytime soon for sure. Smile

But, depending on how young you are, you could very well see some amazing things happening in your lifetime with them!

Let me guess...it was Cartman who wanted them with his Cheezy-poofs? Smile
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 10:37 pm
Who could stand to rear an exact duplicate of oneself? Psychologically it would be very difficult for anyone but a great egoist.

One a religious level, it causes a problem, at least for literalists. In a way it's humorous. Is there just one soul divided between the two that they would have to share like a timeshare apartment? What if one hogs it and won't give it back?

I suppose if the church opposes cloning on moral ground, it would also have to oppose identical twins on the same grounds. Will identical twins be the next target of ostracization by the conservative fundamentalists?
0 Replies

binnyboy

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 11:44 pm
hehe no it was christopher reeve Smile he would just break open a whole fetus and suck out the insides and he kept getting stronger and stronger over the course of the episode, until he was superman again Smile
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 01:39 am
It's no wonder that I miss television, binnyboy! Smile

Coluber....interesting idea on the timeshare thing...soul-share maybe?
And the identical twins.....yes, that is about as close to a clone as one comes. One fertilized egg and a two way split. Cloning au naturel...hmmmm.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 02:20 am
I guess that's where the idea of the evil twin comes from. One grabs the soul and hangs on to it, and the other is soul-less. There was a Simpson episode about that. It turned out that Bart had a Siamese twin that lived in the attic. But, in the end, it was revealed that Bart was the actual evil twin.
0 Replies