survey

pollq

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 07:51 pm
I am doing a research paper and I would like it if some of the people on this forum participated in it. please choose the correct letter that corresponds with you.

I don't know if i am aloud to post this question in this forum, i cant find a code of conduct anywhere, so if this is a violation please delete. i don't mean to offend anyone by this poll, so please don't take it so seriously.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,155 • Replies: 35
No top replies

rufio

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 07:54 pm
I went to synagogue on a not-regular basis. Does that count? Also, does "God" have to be part of an organized religion, or does a personal philosophy count?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 07:55 pm
The code of conduct is called the TOS, for Terms of Service or Terms of Use. You can find it at the bottom of the page here, in small letters.

The poll should be just fine, and welcome to a2k.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 07:55 pm
There are other houses of worship than the church, silly. Does this thread only apply to Christianity? This must be somthing for your church promo.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 07:57 pm
Also, many people are agnostics, and your poll doesn't give a spot for their views.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 07:58 pm
edit for double post
0 Replies

pollq

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 07:59 pm
i am sorry for not being more specific. yes, this applies only to christians. regularly means every sunday (unless you were sick or church was canceled). Agnostics can still post if they went to church when they where younger. the only thing this doesn't apply to (besides non christians) are people in-between, meaning they are not sure if they believe in god.

this is not a church promo. its for my research paper. i don't want to explain it anymore until i have enough data. i don't want to bias your answers so i will only tell you as much as you need to know
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 07:59 pm
edit again, posting problems.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 08:03 pm
I did not live in a church going family, but I wanted to become a Christian, so, I rode to church with the local minister every Sunday. I tried very hard to fit in, to believe, but I finally had to accept that I was a rock hard atheist and eventually dropped out.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 08:28 pm
I went to church, it seemed I was always at church on sundays and every other damn day of the week. Do I still go to church, yup - only for weddings and funerals. I believe in god, small g, but not in religion, organized or otherwise.
I'm on parole - time served.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 08:54 pm
I went to church and "CCD" up until "confirmation" and was then told it was up to me. I only went because I was told to... I never did believe. I do, however, envy those who do. Out of curiosity, or perhaps a desire to find God, I read both the New Addition and King James as an adult. I guess I am just incapable of taking the "leap of faith". I consider the Creator God in the same class as the anceint gods. For me, inability to understand something doesn't necessitate a supernatural influence. I mean no offense to anyone with this post, so please don't anyone be insulted. Also, PLEASE don't anyone find it their responsibility to save me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 08:59 pm
That pretty much describes my feelings, Bill
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 09:43 pm
As a child every Saturday night as long a I can remember our family polished ours shoes and had our Sunday best ready for church the next day. Baptism, Confirmation, and Communions we did it all. My Dad always stayed home with an explanation that, "you didn't have to go to church to be close to God." He was right. I still believe in God, but I attend church a lot less than I used to. There's too many hypocrites in the Church, telling you how to live your life.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 10:11 pm
We kids had to go to church and catechism school every week until we receive first communion. After that we were allowed to decide for ourselves about religion and worship habits.

Other then for marriages and funerals of friends and family, I haven't stepped inside a church again except on a sightseeing tour of the ancient cathedrals in Europe.

I don't like the rigid structure or hypocrisy of organized religion.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 10:13 pm
A lot of lapsed catholics, are we all licking our wounds?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 10:16 pm
I voted that category, but I can't reaaally call myself a lapsed catholic. I only went to church until I was about 5. I never took any classes or a communion.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 10:49 pm
There doesn't seem to be a provision here for going to church all your childhood and then changing religions as an adult, but still believing in the God.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 10:57 pm
I'm a B. I managed to escape the brainwashing.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 11:24 pm
shucks you guys can guess me I bet.
0 Replies

pollq

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 11:06 am
I am finding on most of my surveys that people are falling into the first two catagories. i have also found that if people dont go to church when they where younger, they tend not to believe in god. the problem (its not really a problem for anyone else) with this forum is that it doesn't represent the whole population. Then again, i don't have the means to go about sending surveys to peoples homes for answers. i am getting some good information from this forum and i would like it people keep posting there ideas.
0 Replies