Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 06:57 am
Thailand and Cambodia had an overclaimed area surround Preah Vihear Temple. Actually, it's an old case which occured in 1959 and has been settled through International Court in 1962. But, in 2008 the dispute flarred up again that both troops had clashed in the border area. Both countries had tried to solve it by bilateral negotiation. however in that way, there is no any good signal even result the dispute was over. therefore, I'd like to know about how the best way to solve the conflict between Cambodia and Thailand, since Cambodia had asked ASEAN to intervene into this case, but Thailand refused any third party that got involved within their conflict for Thailand believe they both still could resolved it bilaterally. so, what do you think about this??
I would appreciate so much if you'd like to help me answering this question.
i'm looking forward for your replay.

Best regards,

Clara
A college student of Padjadjaran University, Majoring in International Relations.
From Indonesia.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,527 • Replies: 1
No top replies

tsp230

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2010 01:12 am
@clarapoerba,
Thailand is trying to use it's military number & muscle to bully Cambodia to share the ownership of the Temple!. This is 21st Century!.. Whatever ways you are look at, Thailand is not going to achieve its gaols.
Cambodia is small and poor when compare to Thailand, but it is more than capable of inflicting pain to any invading foreign forces. The Thai military knows this.
0 Replies