What does an omnipotent God need with a hell?

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 11:02 am
@Pronounce,
Pronounce wrote:

Well said. God is unprovable using any tool we have that measures anything naturally. The scientific method can not and should not be used to prove God. While it is true that one can argue a case for God using Platonic methodologies it is not equally true that one could argue God using Aristotle methodologies.

This brings up another point. Too many scientists who are by nature are materialists make forays into the territory of idealism. Why do people (scientist included) abandon the areas they specialize in (having sound evidence) to make irrational statements about subjects they are less informed in? This happens way too much, and causes great confusion.

Perhaps because they come under attack and one naturally retaliates.

They may also feel it their duty to correct wrong thinking.
It is hard to put new information in a mind that is full of garbage.

Regards
DL
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 12:10 pm
@Greatest I am,
GIa, I've explained this many times before; it's not a matter of trying to use science to prove or disprove god.

All one needs to do is look at what created the christian religion; the bible. It's filled with errors and omissions that doesn't jive with our reality on this planet.

Miracles are comic book stuff; not serious topic of debate. To conclude such is simple; miracles didn't happen before or after supposed time of your god/jesus.

Virgin birth? Give me a break!

World flood? Never happened.

Noah's ark? How did Noah collect all the animals from around the world in twos and board them on his "boat," fed them, and provided water for all of them? For how long? Think logistics.

Loaves and fishes? Come on!

One of the only things that may have been true is the "burning bush." That could have happened by natural means like lightning.

Turning a human into a pile of salt? Really?

Don't need science to disprove the bible.

Intrepid

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 12:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Actually, CI, the Christian religion started with Jesus. Before Him, there were no Christians. Carry on.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 12:50 pm
@Intrepid,
It may have started with jesus, but the magnitude to which it spread was the bible (thumpers).
Intrepid

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 04:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I daresay more bibles have probably been worn out from thumping that by reading. Wink
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 04:29 pm
@Intrepid,
I don't have stats on that, but I agree with you.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 01:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

GIa, I've explained this many times before; it's not a matter of trying to use science to prove or disprove god.

All one needs to do is look at what created the christian religion; the bible. It's filled with errors and omissions that doesn't jive with our reality on this planet.

Miracles are comic book stuff; not serious topic of debate. To conclude such is simple; miracles didn't happen before or after supposed time of your god/jesus.

Virgin birth? Give me a break!

World flood? Never happened.

Noah's ark? How did Noah collect all the animals from around the world in twos and board them on his "boat," fed them, and provided water for all of them? For how long? Think logistics.

Loaves and fishes? Come on!

One of the only things that may have been true is the "burning bush." That could have happened by natural means like lightning.

Turning a human into a pile of salt? Really?

Don't need science to disprove the bible.

No argument here bud.

that does not take away the fact that we cannot correct faulty thinking without disproving false notions.

I believe as this priest does.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x84m5k_2007doc-zone-pagan-christ-1-of-3_news

Further.
It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a God but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOqGhcwwE1s

If we do not engage at their level, we cannot save them.
For evil to grow, all good men need do is nothing.

Regards
DL
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 01:51 pm
@Greatest I am,
Nobody's denying your personal beliefs. That's the reason why there are more people on this planet that believes in one religion or another. That's a fact.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 01:51 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Actually, CI, the Christian religion started with Jesus. Before Him, there were no Christians. Carry on.

Your kidding right?
Google Gnostic Christian or virgin birth as well as the link I just put above.

Regards
DL
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 01:53 pm
@Greatest I am,
It depends on whether one's belief in the OT and the NT are one and the same.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 01:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Nobody's denying your personal beliefs. That's the reason why there are more people on this planet that believes in one religion or another. That's a fact.

I see by the speed of your reply that you decided not to engage any brain cells.

Regards
DL
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 01:56 pm
@Greatest I am,
Your level of so-called "intelligence" doesn't require it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:15:46