What does an omnipotent God need with a hell?

Greatest I am

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 10:32 am
@Pronounce,
Pronounce wrote:

In conclusion if one lives life by reasoning and logic then it is only possible to known as much truth as logic and reasoning will provide for you. If this is satisfactory for someone then I truly wish them well, because I realize that it isn't my jurisdiction to dictate the course of each person's spiritual journey. As far as myself I know that logic hasn't, wouldn't work for me, and that is why I've chosen the path I've chosen.

To sum up.

At 11 you knew the reality of God’s existence and had judged Him to be good.
You only believe parts of the Bible.
You make man a co creator with God, going against scripture.
Man created a place for him to torture himself forever.

Wow.

Did man also create Satan or is he just a myth with no basis in reality?

Matthew 25:41 (Jesus speaking):Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Regards
DL
Intrepid

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 06:54 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

God neither needs or has a hell.

What does He do with sinners and non believers ?

Regards
DL

Why does He have need for this?
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 05:10 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

God neither needs or has a hell.

What does He do with sinners and non believers ?

Regards
DL

Why does He have need for this?

I have no idea what an imaginary God would need.
I was looking for you to clarify your statement. If you do not wish to, fine.

Regards
DL
Intrepid

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 05:16 am
@Greatest I am,
If He, as you say, is imaginary then your whole thread is nothing but a ridiculous charade that needs no replies.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 09:43 am
@Intrepid,
He's imaginary all right; have anyone ever seen "him?" God is man's creation; it started with animal gods, then progressed to human gods, then to the christian god.

It's strange that all the gods created by man were men.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 10:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

No. Goddesses can be found as well. The Japanese Goddess Izanami is but one of many.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 12:45 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid, Thanks for that info; never knew about goddess Izanami.
I found this on the net:
Quote:
...two divine beings into existence, the male Izanagi and the female Izanami, and charged them with creating the first lands...

0 Replies

Pronounce

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 03:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well in my view only choices are judgmentally important. So if the choice is removed then it's no greater a factor then any other thing that happens in nature.

From a fatalist point of view you are correct in stating that death brings peace from pain and suffering. And as I'm sure you are aware not everyone is a fatalist, nor do I think you believe they should be.

If you define paradise as oblivion then I can't agree that death is paradise, because that would not be consistent with its definition.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 03:39 pm
@Pronounce,
I'm really being rhetorical about "death is paradise."

Living brings about all sorts of stress, hunger disagreements, worries, conflicts, and wars. Not all are always in these negative modes, but most of the living are "suffering" from one negative aspect of life or another.

I believe I am personally one of the privileged in this world of today; my wife and I have no financial worries, we can purchase almost anything we desire (within limits), and I can continue on with my world travels.

If I ever reach that point in my life when I become a burden to my family, I'd rather be in paradise.
Pronounce

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 03:45 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
Wow

Yep I agree with you there.

Maybe you're questioning the quality of life for yourself and others. I admit that life is full of tragedy, and I don't like to see other suffer. But I often see people spending more time judging a supposed God (whom they don't believe) then taking the time to provide relief for those who could us it. Irrespective of any karmetic value an action on ones part might have, any action that relieves the suffering of ones fellow man is good.

I only believe a part of the Bible you read and the interpretation you believe.

God made man a co-creator not I, and found this out by reading any number of scholarly authorized mainline translations.

Quote:
Man created a place for him to torture himself forever.
When you say it that way it sounds so..... normal, because looking at history that sounds pretty much like what has happened. History doesn't record any supernatural legion of God raping, pillaging, destroying, torturing, and enslaving others. But it clearly lists incident after incident of man made hells for the powerless.

Lucifer (Satan) he's mankind's BFF, our lover, our idol, our historian, our teacher, our culture, and even ourselves. We've so incorporated his motto into our lives we don't even no how to identify him. Lucifer tells us, "I will set my throne above the Lord Almighty." Does this message sound familiar? Many of live our lives as if we're God. We spend hours judging a Supreme Being by what little we see. Our hearts condemn this supposed "God" because he doesn't fit our profile. hmmmmm...... I've seen Satan, have you?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 03:50 pm
@Pronounce,
It's not so much that he doesn't fit our profile; he doesn't fit his own profile.
Pronounce

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 04:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
"rhetorical"
Then you do believe in some kind of place that could be called Paradise, right?

Cicerone Imposter, I have to admit I'm not as privileged as you are, but (and I can't make you believe this) I'm really glad you are.

A friend of mine passed along a comment a non-"saved" person told him, and it has stuck with me because of its finality.
Quote:
As a Christian, with the promise of a Heaven, this life is the worse hell you'll experience, but for those who don't believe in God or Heaven this life is the only Paradise we'll ever experience.

I'd like you to be in Paradise too. The Bible says one aspect of God inhabited the body of the person we call Jesus, and in that form He said that he was the key to Paradise. Without going into the long reasoning of why that could be true, I'd like to suggest that if you ever have the opportunity to follow Jesus to God do so. It couldn't hurt.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 04:26 pm
@Pronounce,
Pronounce, To give you a head's up, all my siblings are christians - married to christians. I'm an atheist married to a buddhist.
Pronounce

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 04:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Please explain. A profile is something that is descriptive. I can understand how we've accumulated descriptions that we think apply to God, but I'm not sure how you've acquired them if they are His to control. Do you have a description that isn't readily available to others?
0 Replies

Pronounce

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 04:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thank you for the information. This gives you an unique perspective (which I enjoy, and prayerfully not at your expense).

Does your family try to "win" you for Christ?
Pronounce

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 04:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
btw I'm not trying to be rude, as it may seem, I quite literally don't understand your comment.
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 07:09 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

If He, as you say, is imaginary then your whole thread is nothing but a ridiculous charade that needs no replies.

It is said that intelligent people can discuss things they do not believe in.
I guess I did not find one.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 07:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

He's imaginary all right; have anyone ever seen "him?" God is man's creation; it started with animal gods, then progressed to human gods, then to the christian god.

And woman as research is finding.

The Pagan Christ Pt 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7StcxGM5KcA

The link may not work if you are in the U S so I have included the title for you to Google. Enjoy.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 07:17 pm
@Pronounce,
Pronounce wrote:

Well in my view only choices are judgmentally important. So if the choice is removed then it's no greater a factor then any other thing that happens in nature.

From a fatalist point of view you are correct in stating that death brings peace from pain and suffering. And as I'm sure you are aware not everyone is a fatalist, nor do I think you believe they should be.

If you define paradise as oblivion then I can't agree that death is paradise, because that would not be consistent with its definition.

Stating that we know what if anything death is, is like those who say there is no God.
Both definitive statements and neither can be shown to be true.
No proof is available for either.

No I do not believe in God but I cannot prove that He does not exist either.

Regards
DL
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 07:27 pm
@Greatest I am,
There are those of us who require more than a book written by men with too many errors and omissions that claims there is a god for it to have credibility.

It's "the word of god," the world flood, the earth's age as 7,000 years old, and all those miracles that were supposedly performed to show that god exists are claims with no reality to them. I make judgments about what I believe or don't believe based on my ability to decipher what can be true or not true, logic, common sense, and the intelligence "god" gave me.

Have you ever tried to prove a negative? It's not a matter of does god exist or not for me; I can't believe in any god who teaches revenge, killing, homophobia, and killing all life on earth because he's mad - save for the ones on Noah's Ark

Fairytale is more like it.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.42 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 12:14:39