How many A2K'ers would have answered this ad?

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 09:26 pm
I'm sure this has been brought up on this board today, but if not, this story is quite amusing.

From what I've heard on the radio this guy actually had an ad on the internet that said.... Wanted, man for slaughter.

Is there anyone on this site, besides Slappy, that would've answered this ad? Just wondering.

Check it out

It's a vastly entertaining world we live in, isn't it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,793 • Replies: 23
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 10:03 pm
I heard about this when he was first arrested. I thought it was kind of weird that they probably won't be able to get a murder conviction since the dead fella's on tape asking to be stabbed more etc.

O.K., I thought a lot of it was weird. But people are weird.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 11:13 pm
Well, well, well, just when I thought I've seen it all, Gus shows me more.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 01:52 am
It is strange and a little far-fetched, but as you know sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. What kind of person would answer and ad like that?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 07:55 am
He didn't mean the late ballplayer Enos Slaughter, I suppose?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:05 am
Oh my God; how very, very strange.

Meiwes, a former soldier, has told the Kassel state court in detailed testimony that his victim arrived on March 9 2001, and soon undressed. "Now you can see my body. I hope you'll find me tasty," Meiwes quoted his visitor as saying....

Meiwes said he ate about 44 pounds of his victim: "With every piece of flesh I ate I remembered him. It was like taking communion." Of his victim, he said: "He told me he had had the desire since he was a child to be slaughtered and eaten. He was very intelligent and I didn't see any sign that he was disturbed."

That's rather disturbing... it reminds me of the case in which a group of men used cheesegraters on each other's... ahem... for gratification. ehBeth said it best; 'people are weird.'
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:06 am
I'm not sure I would have answered, I don't really want to die that badly. If there was no digital cable in the house though, I may have ordered some chicken wings, brought over a few brewskies and just watched. What's better than reality TV? Reality, it seems.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:08 am
Drom - this news covered the entire page 3 of The Times today. I started reading it out of morbid curiosity while eating my breakfast. I had to stop soon and turn the page, else I would have been sick all over the breakfast bar.

I know people are wierd, but this seems unbelievable !! Shocked
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:17 am
Gautam wrote:
Drom - this news covered the entire page 3 of The Times today. I started reading it out of morbid curiosity while eating my breakfast. I had to stop soon and turn the page, else I would have been sick all over the breakfast bar.

I know people are wierd, but this seems unbelievable !! Shocked

Thanks for telling me, Gautam.... I've sent someone off to get The Times and some potatoes. From what I've read on the 'Net, it gets worse!

(Yack)

A taster:

One, identified only as Matteo from Italy, wanted to be nailed to a St Andrew's Cross and have a flame- thrower directed at his genitals. Another wanted to be eaten in time for the Russian Orthodox Christmas. A man identified as Andreas from Regensburg wanted to be collected in a cattle wagon, pushed into a cage in Herr Meiwes's improvised attic "slaughter room" and given the chance to lick his bloodstained rubber boots.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:19 am
Breakfast time is so when one doesn't want to read a story like that! God... we have the blatant lying of Huntley, this and a shoe bomber... what a world we live in...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:21 am
Hmm...so u r in the UK then ? Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:23 am
Drom offered us this tidbit...

Quote:
... it reminds me of the case in which a group of men used cheesegraters on each other's... ahem... for gratification.

And now your little story reminds of something I read in Playboy years ago, in their advice column. A gentleman had concerns and wrote....

Q.) I believe I have a problem. I masturbate with sandpaper.

A.) Good news and bad news. The bad news is, yes, you do have a
problem. The good news is... you won't for long.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 09:21 am
Gautam wrote:
Hmm...so u r in the UK then ? Smile

Prepare for an infinitely tiring response:

Well, I'm here in the UK for four days a week, but I get around a lot, which is why I haven't given a definite location. I go over to stay with my Parisian friends most weekends (thank you, cheap airlines and childhood savings); I work for my good friend JC up in Santillana-del-Mar (Cantabria, up in the North of Spain) through the summer vacations; people sometimes call me to do interpreting in courts all over the place- thanks to knowing an obscure language- and that usually requires an overnight stay... basically, 'yes, I live in the UK' would have been a better response, but there you go.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 09:24 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Drom offered us this tidbit...

Quote:
... it reminds me of the case in which a group of men used cheesegraters on each other's... ahem... for gratification.

And now your little story reminds of something I read in Playboy years ago, in their advice column. A gentleman had concerns and wrote....

Q.) I believe I have a problem. I masturbate with sandpaper.

A.) Good news and bad news. The bad news is, yes, you do have a
problem. The good news is... you won't for long.

Oh dear... why are they writing into Playboy with letters like that? Does anyone actually want to know how they 'handle themselves?' Yack. Still, I think the worst sexual perversion are these people that one sees on crap TV shows, 'adult babies,' who basically like to be pampered and... fed. Yack.

I bet that you could write a whole book about people's weird fantasies... eugh.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 09:25 am
The sick "f" maybe he should try and eat himself first.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 09:27 am
Laughing you lucky person (dunno if u r male or female Wink ) - maybe you shud come to our next A2K LOndon meet - as and when that happens....right now I am partied out totally !!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 09:35 am
No big deal...tastes like chicken.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 09:38 am
Is it white or dark meat? They taste different!!
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 09:41 am
this is the grossest thing - ewwww
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 09:47 am
Human actually tastes more like guinea fowl, but who's counting?
0 Replies