Settings on our EC4 50 CT Rainsoft water system

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 03:35 pm
We changed over from potassium to salt in our system and need to make setting adjustments. I would rather do the changes myself instead of calling the company as they'll want to do a 'complete diagnostic' on the 6 month old system, which the system doesn't need.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,871 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 09:47 am
@Cmbtmom24,
the settings are based on hardness and capacity of the unit not if salt or potassium is being used, all the settings should remain the same.
Cmbtmom24

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 10:05 am
@Joethewaterguy,
The hardness hasn't changed but the level of additives has changed. Before we would use 4 bags of 40 lbs of potassium and we would punch in the number of bags added and the system would do what it needed to do. But now, we have 60 lb bags of salt but the way the pieces fit in the container we can get more in the container. Using 'household' math...lol, I added 2 bags of 60 lb salt and told the system that I added 3 bags of the salt (based on the original 40 lb bags settings). Did I do this right in some roundabout way or do I still need the company to come out and charge me a bazillion dollars to adjust the settings?
Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:58 pm
@Cmbtmom24,
it's even easier than that. The system just needs to know the level of the salt in the brine tank. It doesn't keep track of how much is in the square tank and add the number that you punch in. It only knows the number that you punch in and subtracts from that to tell you when it's time to add salt again( the annoying alarm). There are numbers on the outside of the square tank and you tell it where the level is after you add the salt.
0 Replies