What is this?

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2010 04:21 pm
In my home, there is a Rainsoft tank in the basement. I think it was installed about 1995. It looks like a scuba tank, about 5 feet tall and says Rainsoft Water Treatment Equipment on it. there are no other model numbers on it. The tank looks like it is made of fiberglass and is a shade of green. What is this thing? A filter? A softener? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 819 • Replies: 3
No top replies

rhymer

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2010 04:53 pm
@helpmeplease1,
This is an easy one!
Simply use the search engine incorporated in your browser , using the words - Rainsoft Water Treatment Equipment
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 05:28 am
@helpmeplease1,
helpmeplease1 wrote:

In my home, there is a Rainsoft tank in the basement. I think it was installed about 1995. It looks like a scuba tank, about 5 feet tall and says Rainsoft Water Treatment Equipment on it. there are no other model numbers on it. The tank looks like it is made of fiberglass and is a shade of green. What is this thing? A filter? A softener? Thanks.

It is a water softener... It uses some process with salt and electricity to shock the heavy minerals, metals like Iron, mostly, out of your well water... Never needed it...In the city water around here they use calcium carbonate for the same purpose, and then precipitate the excess calcium out.. Slow, but it gets rid of bad oders and flavors and metals.
0 Replies

somya

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 06:47 am
@helpmeplease1,
This is water softener and its really good.
0 Replies