Brine tank over flowing, Help!

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:48 am
Hey guys, Great forum! We recently bought our first house and haven`t had many problems until now. I have an older rainsoft water softener model# AM1054CT. The brine tank recently overflowed and I`m trying to figure out why.
There is no float to speak of in the brine tank, Just a pvc tube with a hose going to the bottom of it. On the main filter unit there is a small canister filled with water that has a small plastic ball in it which I assume shuts off the water to the brine tank. The problem is the ball just floats in the middle and won`t go up and stop the flow unless I pull the hose off and put my finger over the exit hole. At this point I`ve tried everything so before I pour a bag of salt back in and hope for the best do you have any suggestions?? Thanks! charlie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,696 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 08:40 am
@charlie3238,
the timer could be sticking in the "salt" position, the brine tab and spring could be bad. one or both of the cam switches could be bad causing it to be out of synch
crgregg

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 06:58 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Check the quantity of gallons flushed.
I had the same problem until I lowered the gallons.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 11:58 am
@crgregg,
the am series is a manual timer not a computer/ digital model
0 Replies