the best could only come from the don Wesley
0 Replies

shyone

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 02:17 am
I'm listening to the Dirty Three - Ocean Songs
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 07:51 am
The Dirty Three, Shy? Cool - which small city?

Breathing Tornados - Ben Lee
0 Replies

William1987

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 12:04 pm
You down with OPP?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 03:19 pm
Tchaikovsky & Mendelssohn: First Piano Concertos

Piano Concerto No. 1 in B Flat Minor, Op. 23, I. Allegro non troppo e molto maestoso, Allegro con spirito

Performed by: Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Daniel Barenboim & Lang Lang
0 Replies

imperialracing

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 05:29 pm
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 06:18 pm
Ross and Terri and the Borange Nans

http://www.rossandterri.com/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 06:20 pm
tsunami relief concert on the CBC
0 Replies

loislane17

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 06:25 pm
Wow, I love my iPod! Got the thing used on eBay, older generation--never thought I'd really use one. HA! Today while working on a big project here at the dayjob, I listened to early Pointer Sisters, The Pogues, Miles Davis, Led Zep and Bob Dylan.
0 Replies

William1987

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 07:44 pm
Look out the door,
There beside that tree.
Well, that's my pony, looking after me,
Front feet doing the shuffle
Back feet, too.
Blow them good old Georgia blues.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 09:35 pm
BANCO DE GAIA - BIG MEN CRY
and to hell with I-PODS!!!! CD's FOR EVER!!
I think that the cover art and liner notes are as important as the music. And what happens when the thing screws up and you loose all the music.
At least if one of my mix discs gets messed up I still have the originals. I still Have all my LPs and Cassettes . I'll never give them up either
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:21 am
Art work is downloaded with the music, lyrics are online, backup your music... plus it all fits on one tiny little machine compared to your mountain of cds cassettes and 8-tracks... it is hard to get rid of old vinyl though.
0 Replies

AllanSwann

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 05:26 pm
panzade wrote:
nimh wrote:
I'm listening to Epitonic radio

cj reminded me that windows media has radio stations so last night I set up about 25 favorites...fantastic to listen to commercial free music. Batanga plays nothing but Mexican corridas...good stuff

This might turn out to belong in the movie category, but that wonderful "essay" was recited at the end of an even-better 1999 movie, "The Big Kahuna", starring Kevin Spacey, Danny DeVito and Peter Facinelli as 3 sales reps stuck at a convention in Wichita, KS (my town). Sounds boring as hell, but if you love David Mamet-ish heavily dialogue driven movies, rent this one. It'll make ya think 'bout a thing or 2.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 06:16 pm
Sister Hazel-Your Winter
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 06:41 pm
Theme song from Austin Powers, it's so goofy I like it.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 11:25 am
Paul Robeson, Marian Anderson ... over and again. There's nothing like either of them singing Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen, or Anderson singing My Lord, What a Morning or Tramping. Stupid thing is I got My Lord.. only as a .m4a file, I have to open up RealPlayer especially to play that file, MJ won't pick it up.

Right now I'm listening to Robeson's The House I Live In - but the song I play ever again and have fallen asleep to most of the week now (after sitting on a pillow by the heating reading Nazaroff's Hunted Through Central Asia through the late evening with the two of their music in the background) is canoe song / love song - with congo lullaby right before it <nods>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 11:38 am
smorgs wrote:
Wasn't it Baz Lehrman (Lerhman)...the man who Directed Romeo and Juliet and Moulin Rouge?

Baz Luhrmann, yeah - "everybody's free (to wear sunscreen) / the sunscreen song (class of '99)". Big hit in the UK back then, wannit? Hilarious .. bought the cd single ...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 11:50 am
good stuff nimh, as usual
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 02:47 pm
nimh wrote:

Baz Luhrmann, yeah - "everybody's free (to wear sunscreen) / the sunscreen song (class of '99)". Big hit in the UK back then, wannit? Hilarious .. bought the cd single ...

Have you ever seen the video that was produced by DM9? It really brought me to tears - of joy, of course... It's one of my favorites!
It was very hard to find it online and available for downloading, too.
0 Replies

danni-lee

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 08:36 pm
my friend talking while i type
0 Replies