"History" according to atheists

mimidamnit

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 03:36 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67244 wrote:
I said evolution does not require interbreeding. I've already spent an unnecessarily long amount of time trying to explain the difference between breeding and interbreeding.

Isn't lying a sin?

:rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 08:39 pm
@Carico,
Carico;67204 wrote:
And where did you observe this happening? Since many people here claim that mating and breeding has nothing to do with evolution, then where did the Boston Terrier come from? Did it come from mating between a giraffe and an elephant? :rollinglaugh: How about, the Boston Terrier simply appearing out of thin air? :rollinglaugh: I know, it mutated from a zebra! :rollinglaugh:

Mating and breeding have nothing to do with evolution? Are you insane? Are you that... daft? Mating and breeding are one of the main mechanisms by which it works.

Back to our Bostie. The breed originated in the late 1800's. It was bred from a single oddball dog into America's pit fighter. That is well known information. Ask any Bostie owner.

And as you so nicely said...

Carico;67202 wrote:
How do you know anything in history? By accounts of those who lived then. Wink But, if you're delusional enough to think you know better what happened in history than those who lived in the past, then by all means, re-write history. Wink But I guarantee you that you won't be able to change the past by doing that. Wink

RE: http://www.conflictingviews.com/society/science-technology-humanities/meaningless-theories-4118.html

Its origins are in recorded history. Do you think yourself delusional enough to know better than those who lived back then?

Quote:
If it's been observed (which I doubt), then I bet it was simply cross bred by humans. But of course, humans weren't around to cross breed an ape, no a monkey, no an imaginary animal with a human, no an ape, no another unknown fictitious animal. Wink

Cross bred? You mean a dog with a dog, correct? That isn't cross breeding. I'd start learning what these things mean before you start saying them.

So we have recorded history of the origins of a breed. That leads to a couple of questions for you and your book:

1. There was no "creation" required. So why is it required elsewhere?

2. Where is the original dog? We have shown the origins of a breed, so where'd its parents come from? Their parents? And their parents? What specific dog was "created" as the first dog? It wasn't the Bostie, we showed where he came from Wink
JBeukema

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 04:24 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;67527 wrote:
Mating and breeding have nothing to do with evolution? Are you insane?

I call Poes Law
mimidamnit

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 07:10 am
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67560 wrote:
I call Poes Law

:rollinglaugh:
0 Replies