Why have people come to percieve god as good?

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:51 am
@Carico,
Carico;66374 wrote:
Another blatant lie.:rolleyes: 2 Peter 1:16, "We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of Lord Jesus Christ. We were witnesses to his majesty."

[SIZE="3"]AHHAHAHAHAHA!!!![/SIZE] :rollinglaugh:

You're using a quote from the bible to prove the bible is right! This is cute.:p

Guess what this is? It's circular reasoning, a form of begging the question.

Begging the question: Definition from Answers.com

http://theframeproblem.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/break-the-cycle.jpg

Quote:
So since you cannot prove that Peter didn't witness Christ's life and words,

And you can't prove that he did.

In the absence of evidence I will take a stance of disbelief.
mimidamnit

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 10:02 am
@Carico,
Carico;66374 wrote:
Another blatant lie.:rolleyes: 2 Peter 1:16, "We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of Lord Jesus Christ. We were witnesses to his majesty."

So I'm not going to listen to your lies any more because lies aren't valid arguments any more than they can change history, God, or your eternal fate. In fact, lies don't help anyone, least of all the liar. So since you cannot prove that Peter didn't witness Christ's life and words, then your claims are nothing but slander. They're a desperate attempt to avoid condemnation. So I'm done here for awhile.:rolleyes:

how can we attempt to avoid condemnation.. when we dont believe there is anything that will be condemning us?.. derrrrrrrrrrrrr:rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 10:44 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66377 wrote:
[SIZE="3"]AHHAHAHAHAHA!!!![/SIZE] :rollinglaugh:

You're using a quote from the bible to prove the bible is right! This is cute.:p

Guess what this is? It's circular reasoning, a form of begging the question.

Begging the question: Definition from Answers.com

http://theframeproblem.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/break-the-cycle.jpg

And you can't prove that he did.

In the absence of evidence I will take a stance of disbelief.

That's like saying that you can't use biographies of Julius Caesar to prove that Caesar existed because the biographies are based on the presupposition that Caesar existed which is circular reasoning. :rollinglaugh: So by your "reasoning" Caesar didn't exist. :rollinglaugh: Do atheists even think? :eek: Obviously not. :rolleyes:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:34 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66388 wrote:
That's like saying that you can't use biographies of Julius Caesar to prove that Caesar existed because the biographies are based on the presupposition that Caesar existed which is circular reasoning. :rollinglaugh: So by your "reasoning" Caesar didn't exist. :rollinglaugh: Do atheists even think? :eek: Obviously not. :rolleyes:

You obviously don't know what "begging the question" is. Maybe you should read the link I gave you and then respond, it clearly identifies what constitutes begging the question and what does not.
0 Replies

Ares cv

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:09 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66085 wrote:
The OT showed mankind that we are sinners who live to please ourselves rather than honor God and His creation and thus, all deserve death. The NT shows us that God forgave us for those things even though we don't deserve His forgiveness. So Jesus died for those who hate him which is the epitome of complete and total selfless love. Smile

Wow... Can't he just do it one way? Why does he keep changing his mind? I think he is bipolar, that would explain it.
Ares cv

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:11 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66388 wrote:

Well yes but how about using biographies on Achilles? or other Greek heroes?
Carico

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:22 pm
@Ares cv,
Ares;66596 wrote:
Wow... Can't he just do it one way? Why does he keep changing his mind? I think he is bipolar, that would explain it.

Because the OT is a shadow of the realities found in Christ. Wink God needed to show us that we all deserve death and cannot be perfect on our own. So he then sent us a savior. Wink
Ares cv

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:24 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66600 wrote:
Because the OT is a shadow of the realities found in Christ. Wink God needed to show us that we all deserve death and cannot be perfect on our own. So he then sent us a savior. Wink

But we cannot be perfect with a god either... For then we would be one. Also why do we deserve death?
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:25 pm
@Ares cv,
Ares;66597 wrote:
Well yes but how about using biographies on Achilles? or other Greek heroes?

According to atheists, no one in history existed since we can't use biographies of anyone in history because they come from the presupposition that those figures lived which is called circular reasoning. :rollinglaugh: And that's why atheists make up a history of their imaginations instead. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 02:33 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66604 wrote:
According to atheists, no one in history existed since we can't use biographies of anyone in history because they come from the presupposition that those figures lived which is called circular reasoning. :rollinglaugh: And that's why atheists make up a history of their imaginations instead. Wink

Another strawman. I'd like to see where anyone has stated that. Ever.

:dunno:

And for the record I never said jesus didn't exist, I said there was scant evidence of him which is true. But the whole point you're missing is just because someone writes about someone else doesn't make them a historical reality. As far as I'm concerned Jesus is in the same category as King arthur, both may be based on real people but the story and events surrounding them are exaggerated or mythicized.

Obviously you are unfamiliar with the concept of corroborating evidence. Without corroborating evidence nothing can be verified.
mimidamnit

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 03:28 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66618 wrote:
Another strawman. I'd like to see where anyone has stated that. Ever.

:dunno:

And for the record I never said jesus didn't exist, I said there was scant evidence of him which is true. But the whole point you're missing is just because someone writes about someone else doesn't make them a historical reality. As far as I'm concerned Jesus is in the same category as King arthur, both may be based on real people but the story and events surrounding them are exaggerated or mythicized.

Obviously you are unfamiliar with the concept of corroborating evidence. Without corroborating evidence nothing can be verified.

(IN SARCASM I SAY THIS).. BUT THERE IS CORROBORATING EVIDENCE DAMNIT!!!!.. THE FOUR GOSPELS.. SO IT HAS TO BE TRUE!!!

IM WAITING FOR CARICO TO VERIFY ANYTHING HE SAYS WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE "BIBLE".
0 Replies

Ares cv

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 04:08 am
@Carico,
Carico;66604 wrote:

You are generalizing, according to ONE ATHEIST. I don't believe that, I believe we must have faith in past generations to record their lives, as they hopefully have done well by now.
Carico

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 03:19 pm
@Ares cv,
Ares;66676 wrote:
You are generalizing, according to ONE ATHEIST. I don't believe that, I believe we must have faith in past generations to record their lives, as they hopefully have done well by now.

So in other words, you don't what's real and what isn't. Is that correct? :confused:
xexon

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 12:04 am
@Carico,
Reality is a result of personal observation.

"Truth" is always individual at the human level.

It's not until you learn to wiggle out of that human glove that you begin to see a wider perspective than was afforded to you inside the glove.

You'll trade personal desire for a kind of hive mentality. About humanity as a whole. Because you now see the interconnectivity of ALL things.

Individual things like race or religion have no further meaning.

Most will not see this level in their lifetime.

They'll spend their lifetimes trying to reform an earth which doesn't need to be reformed.

It needs to be trancended and left behind. This is the single biggest spiritual trap for any seeker. The gravitational pull of worldly involvement.

x
Carico

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 01:37 am
@xexon,
xexon;66865 wrote:
Reality is a result of personal observation.

"Truth" is always individual at the human level.

It's not until you learn to wiggle out of that human glove that you begin to see a wider perspective than was afforded to you inside the glove.

You'll trade personal desire for a kind of hive mentality. About humanity as a whole. Because you now see the interconnectivity of ALL things.

Individual things like race or religion have no further meaning.

Most will not see this level in their lifetime.

They'll spend their lifetimes trying to reform an earth which doesn't need to be reformed.

It needs to be trancended and left behind. This is the single biggest spiritual trap for any seeker. The gravitational pull of worldly involvement.

x

Sorry but outside reality is objective reality, inside reality is subjective reality. A psychotic personally observes an alien coming to attack him. According to you, that would describe outside reality perfectly. :rollinglaugh:

So until you know the difference between the imagination and the outside world, you'll have no clue what's real and what's unreal. :rolleyes: But then one can't convince a delusional person that what happens in his own mind doesn't mean it happens in the real world. That's why Jesus said that every matter must be established by at least 2 or 3 witnesses since no 2 people can hallucinate the same thing. Thus we have several accounts of the life of Christ. Wink
0 Replies