Why have people come to percieve god as good?

Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:11 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66271 wrote:
you're being wetodded.. i stated before that i know both sides of this argument.. and as fervently as i can argue against christianity.. i have enough knowlege of your bible that i can equally argue for it.. i stated that i was once christian.. was baptized.. and this is what happened at my baptism.. i never claimed to be perfect. but i'll take into consideration that i very well may be a god.:rollinglaugh:

Sorry, but once you meet someone, you can never deny he exists. So you've obviously never been born again of the Holy Spirit or you could never deny Christ. Wink So all you did was pay lip service to Jesus, never understanding a word he said. :rolleyes: If you had understood him, you'd understand him now. Sorry. Wink
Numpty

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:37 am
@Carico,
Carico;66273 wrote:
Sorry, but once you meet someone, you can never deny he exists. So you've obviously never been born again of the Holy Spirit or you could never deny Christ. Wink So all you did was pay lip service to Jesus, never understanding a word he said. :rolleyes: If you had understood him, you'd understand him now. Sorry. Wink

Wow, you met him,...flesh and blood and everything? Post the pics bro.
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:39 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;66283 wrote:
Wow, you met him,...flesh and blood and everything? Post the pics bro.

Your post proves you never knew the Holy Spirit better than I could ever prove it to you. So thank you. Smile
mimidamnit

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:46 am
@Carico,
Carico;66273 wrote:

i may at some later date feel the need to explain my turning away from "god" to you.. but i dont find you worth the effort.. you are .. stagnant and self-righteous

but let it be said that.. brainwashing.. is a hard bond to break free from.. the residue is thick.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:49 am
@Carico,
Carico;66286 wrote:
Your post proves you never knew the Holy Spirit better than I could ever prove it to you. So thank you. Smile

Hehe. What!?!?!? Lost me mate. why would you need to prove it to me? Surely if the holy spirit has been seen flesh and blood then there are pics?

If not then your meeting took place in your head, there's a medical term for that you know.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:49 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66229 wrote:
:eek:not only going to hell numpty.. but DESTROYED!!!!:no:!!!!!.. i am aware of something they call generational sin.. where the affects of sin.. are carried down to our children.. their children.. their children's children... i was baptized when i was younger.. and i distinctly remember them praying over me to break the bonds of the generations of sin that apparently i was suffering from.:rollinglaugh:

in case you didnt read my other post.. concerning my awakening.. i once would have called my self a child of god.. but i am no longer suffering from that delusion..

HowStuffWorks "Brainwashing Techniques"

Phases/steps of brainwashing:

1. Assault on identity
2. Guilt
3. Self-betrayal
4. Breaking point
5. Leniency
6. Compulsion to confess
7. Channeling of guilt
8. Releasing of guilt
9. Progress and harmony
10. Final confession and rebirth
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:51 am
@Carico,
Carico;66273 wrote:
Sorry, but once you meet someone, you can never deny he exists. So you've obviously never been born again of the Holy Spirit or you could never deny Christ. Wink

Many atheists are former born again Christians.
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:52 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;66292 wrote:
Hehe. What!?!?!? Lost me mate. why would you need to prove it to me? Surely if the holy spirit has been seen flesh and blood then there are pics?

If not then your meeting took place in your head, there's a medical term for that you know.

The unseen is far more vast than the seen. But those who only understand the narrow world of what is seen, can't see past finite objects. So I won't explain the unseen to you since you can't understand it. Wink
Numpty

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 05:58 am
@Carico,
Carico;66297 wrote:
The unseen is far more vast than the seen. But those who only understand the narrow world of what is seen, can't see past finite objects. So I won't explain the unseen to you since you can't understand it. Wink

Because you can't. Because your 'moment' with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit, was personal to you right?

Schizophrenia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Wink
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:06 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;66300 wrote:
Because you can't. Because your 'moment' with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit, was personal to you right?

Schizophrenia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Wink

Nope. It happens to all born again Christians of which there are millions. Wink What's delusional is making up your own imaginary story of what happened in Jerusalem during the time of Christ other than what eye-witness recount. Wink
Numpty

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:13 am
@Carico,
Carico;66301 wrote:
Nope. It happens to all born again Christians of which there are millions. Wink What's delusional is making up your own imaginary story of what happened in Jerusalem during the time of Christ other than what eye-witness recount. Wink

Sweet, eyewitness accounts in Jerusalem, Lets see 'em.

Remember how this works.

You say 'It's all in the Bible Numpty'

'Ahh so it is Carico. But that is just one piece of evidence'

'Well it has lots of books contained within, they are all independant'

'True, but they were all put together 300 years after the event, do have some more substantial eyewitness accounts? There should be at least one, he was the son of God?'

Now you go away and make good on your claim.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:19 am
@Carico,
Carico;66297 wrote:
The unseen is far more vast than the seen.

I agree. We can understand the unseen because of advances in microbiology, quantum physics and chemistry. But these even if they can't be seen with the naked eye they can be measured and tested. If it can't be measured or it makes no measurable impact then it's not real.

Your insistence of invisible beings is completely without an evidential basis.
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:29 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;66306 wrote:
Sweet, eyewitness accounts in Jerusalem, Lets see 'em.

Remember how this works.

You say 'It's all in the Bible Numpty'

'Ahh so it is Carico. But that is just one piece of evidence'

'Well it has lots of books contained within, they are all independant'

'True, but they were all put together 300 years after the event, do have some more substantial eyewitness accounts? There should be at least one, he was the son of God?'

Now you go away and make good on your claim.

You know where to find the eye-witness accounts...in the bible. Wink But like all atheists as I described in my thread; "Atheist debating tactics"will simply call authors liars with no proof for their claims. Sorry, that's not based on knowledge but ignorance and hatred. So it's called slander. And slander is not a valid argument. So try again. Wink
Numpty

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:34 am
@Carico,
Carico;66315 wrote:
You know where to find the eye-witness accounts...in the bible. Wink But like all atheists as I described in my thread; "Atheist debating tactics"will simply call authors liars with no proof for their claims. Sorry, that's not based on knowledge but ignorance and hatred. So it's called slander. And slander is not a valid argument. So try again. Wink

One piece of evidence does not constitute proof. It needs to be backed up with a hole host of other evidence.

This buddy is how science works.
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:43 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;66321 wrote:
One piece of evidence does not constitute proof. It needs to be backed up with a hole host of other evidence.

This buddy is how science works.

So in other words, you adopt beliefs for which you have zero proof like claiming that the eye-witnesses of Christ's life were liars, and reject beliefs from people who do have eye-witness accounts. Is that correct? :rollinglaugh: If so, then you prove my thread on atheist debating tactics to be true. Smile No wonder you make up stories about the past which can't be verified by anyone in history. :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh: You're so funny. :rollinglaugh:
Numpty

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:49 am
@Carico,
Carico;66330 wrote:
So in other words, you adopt beliefs for which you have zero proof like claiming that the eye-witnesses of Christ's life were liars, and reject beliefs from people who do have eye-witness accounts. Is that correct? :rollinglaugh: If so, then you prove my thread on atheist debating tactics to be true. Smile No wonder you make up stories about the past which can't be verified by anyone in history. :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh: You're so funny. :rollinglaugh:

FAIL!!

Can you just point me to the post where I call anyone a liar?

I say, and read this bit slowly.

The Bible is [SIZE="7"]ONE[/SIZE]piece of evidence which supports the existance of Jesus. Now seeing as he is supposed to be the single biggest event the world has ever seen, do you not think it odd there is no other evidence to support his existsnce.

It's not about calling people liars (again show me where I have said this) It's about producing evidence.

You sit there proding the keys, say evolution is made up, yet there is thousands and thousands of documented evidence supporting it, you have [SIZE="7"]ONE[/SIZE] book.

Not difficult to see where reality is.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:02 am
@Carico,
Carico;66315 wrote:
You know where to find the eye-witness accounts...in the bible.

each book contains only one account, that of the author. The bible mentions such eye-witness accounts yet none can be found. This is not surprising since most people at the time were illiterate.

Quote:
Wink But like all atheists as I described in my thread; "Atheist debating tactics"will simply call authors liars with no proof for their claims.

Was the author of the Vedas a liar? Was the author of the Qu'ran a liar? Was the author of the Bhagavad-Gita a liar?
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:25 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;66338 wrote:
FAIL!!

Can you just point me to the post where I call anyone a liar?

I say, and read this bit slowly.

The Bible is [SIZE="7"]ONE[/SIZE]piece of evidence which supports the existance of Jesus. Now seeing as he is supposed to be the single biggest event the world has ever seen, do you not think it odd there is no other evidence to support his existsnce.

It's not about calling people liars (again show me where I have said this) It's about producing evidence.

You sit there proding the keys, say evolution is made up, yet there is thousands and thousands of documented evidence supporting it, you have [SIZE="7"]ONE[/SIZE] book.

Not difficult to see where reality is.

So then I take it, you believe the Jews when they say that the bible is an account of their history. Is that correct? If so, then I trust from now on you won't try to look for evidence that the bible is wrong. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:34 am
@Carico,
Carico;66364 wrote:
If so, then I trust from now on you won't try to look for evidence that the bible is wrong. Wink

More eluding is the evidence that it is right.
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:39 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Quote:
each book contains only one account, that of the author. The bible mentions such eye-witness accounts yet none can be found. This is not surprising since most people at the time were illiterate.

Another blatant lie.:rolleyes: 2 Peter 1:16, "We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of Lord Jesus Christ. We were witnesses to his majesty."

So I'm not going to listen to your lies any more because lies aren't valid arguments any more than they can change history, God, or your eternal fate. In fact, lies don't help anyone, least of all the liar. So since you cannot prove that Peter didn't witness Christ's life and words, then your claims are nothing but slander. They're a desperate attempt to avoid condemnation. So I'm done here for awhile.:rolleyes: