and powerful?

Socio-economic status
RESS

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 09:34 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;65280 wrote:
A combination of genetics and personal hygiene,

[SIZE="3"]Interesting.

If we agree with that statement do we think those standards in "personal hygiene" are dictated by nurture or environment? :beerchug: [/SIZE]

Fatal_Freedoms;65280 wrote:

Socio-economic status

[SIZE="3"]So . . . . . . . :eek:

If this is true, is it not also true that we can safely conclude those who are in positions of trust, authority and power in the institutions that impact society and the economy are in direct and indirect control of attraction and relationships between people? :worship:

What say ye? (What say you all?)[/SIZE]
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 01:46 am
@RESS,
RESS;65285 wrote:
[SIZE="3"]Interesting.

If we agree with that statement do we think those standards in "personal hygiene" are dictated by nurture or environment? :beerchug: [/SIZE]

Depends. What environment? Natural environment or social environment?

Quote:
If this is true, is it not also true that we can safely conclude those who are in positions of trust, authority and power in the institutions that impact society and the economy are in direct and indirect control of attraction and relationships between people?

Not necessarily, but there may be some connection.
RESS

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 03:03 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;65292 wrote:
RESS;65285 wrote:
[SIZE="3"]Interesting.

Depends. What environment? Natural environment or social environment?

[SIZE="3"]Ah! :eek:

So you see the "social" environment as something different to the "natural" environment, apparently.
You appear to have highlighted something that could be of huge significance to our understanding of the POWER of attraction. :beerchug:

Could you expand on the differences you see between the "social" environment and the "natural" environment and explain how this might impact standards in "personal hygiene"? :headbang:[/SIZE]

Quote:

Not necessarily, but there may be some connection.

[SIZE="3"]Is that not rather strange? :eek:

How is it possible for you to conclude that there "may be some connection" between "Socio-economic status" and the impact of the institutions that have control over society and the economy ? :what:[/SIZE]

(Note the use of colours to help you make a connection if there is one :rollinglaugh: )
Daktoria

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 06:13 am
@RESS,
POWAAAAAAA!!!!!1

I like emoticons too, just not as much as u.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 09:26 am
@RESS,
RESS;65302 wrote:
Fatal_Freedoms;65292 wrote:

Ah! :eek:

So you see the "social" environment as something different to the "natural" environment, apparently.
You appear to have highlighted something that could be of huge significance to our understanding of the POWER of attraction. :beerchug:

Could you expand on the differences you see between the "social" environment and the "natural" environment and explain how this might impact standards in "personal hygiene"?

Social environment is the way in which people interact with us and with each other whereas natural environment is dictated by nature via genetics (and our parents DNA).

Quote:
[SIZE="3"]Is that not rather strange? :eek:

How is it possible for you to conclude that there "may be some connection" between "Socio-economic status" and the impact of the institutions that have control over society and the economy ? :what:[/SIZE]

(Note the use of colours to help you make a connection if there is one :rollinglaugh: )

It is a natural tendency for those in power to try and keep "people like them" in power and history supports this notion thus the existence of dynasties and empires. For those in a position of power within a democratic republics (like ours) this may be less straight forward and there are limitations to the extent at which this can be done. Laws and regulations can make rising up more difficult but eventually "undesirables" (however you define them) can rise to prominent socio-economic status'.
RESS

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 07:16 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;65385 wrote:
RESS;65302 wrote:

Social environment is the way in which people interact with us and with each other whereas natural environment is dictated by nature via genetics (and our parents DNA).

You said:
" . . . . . . . . . Social environment is the way in which people interact with us and with each other whereas . . . . . ."

[SIZE="3"]Are you saying that you believe there exists a Social environment that is unatural? :eek:

Please expound.[/SIZE]

You said:
" . . . . . . . . .natural environment is dictated by nature via genetics (and our parents DNA). . . "

[SIZE="3"]Really?

Are you saying that you believe that nurture has no impact on the natural environment, "genetics (and our parents DNA)"? :eek:

Please expound.

Think carefully.

Answer intelligently.

Manifest POWER !

What sayest thou? (What say you?)

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 05:56 am
@RESS,
RESS;65391 wrote:

Are you saying that you believe there exists a Social environment that is unatural? :eek:

And what is unnatural?

Quote:
Are you saying that you believe that nurture has no impact on the natural environment, "genetics (and our parents DNA)"? :eek:

Please expound.

I'm saying society and the way people are brought up has zero affect on our genetics.

Quote:
What sayest thou? (What say you?)

You certainly ask a lot of questions, can you please get to your point?
RESS

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 09:05 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;65401 wrote:

I'm saying society and the way people are brought up has zero affect on our genetics.

[SIZE="3"]That conclusion can have a powerful impact if it is correct. :eek:

Do you know if there are other people who have come to the same conclusion as you and are in positions of trust, authority and power?[/SIZE]

Are there any other readers here on Conflictingviews.com who agree with that statement?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 06:00 am
@RESS,
RESS;65411 wrote:
[SIZE="3"]That conclusion can have a powerful impact if it is correct. :eek:

With some minor exceptions what happens in our lives does not change our genetics, which is why genetic disorders are so problematic.

Quote:
Do you know if there are other people who have come to the same conclusion as you and are in positions of trust, authority and power?

Does it matter? Is the truth value of a statement relative to the number of authorities that agree?

Appeals to authority are pathetic.

Quote:
Are there any other readers here on Conflictingviews.com who agree with that statement?

Perhaps you'd like to enlighten us on what exactly you are trying to get at. What is your position? You've asked a lot of questions and I've given you answers but so far you've neglected to provide any yourself. 'tis easy to criticize from behind a blackened veil.
RESS

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2009 07:16 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;65424 wrote:
With some minor exceptions what happens in our lives does not change our genetics, which is why genetic disorders are so problematic.

[SIZE="3"]MINOR EXCEPTIONS

These so called "minor exceptions" could be of HUGE importance when considering the accuracy and impact of your previous statement: "society and the way people are brought up has zero affect on our genetics".

Have you grasped the magnitude of the consideration? :eek:

What are these "minor exceptions"? :bigeyes:
[/SIZE]

Fatal_Freedoms;65424 wrote:

Does it matter? Is the truth value of a statement relative to the number of authorities that agree?

Appeals to authority are pathetic.

[SIZE="3"]AUTHORITY AND TRUTH :swordfight:

Perhaps you might want to reconsider your statement after looking at the historical relationship :jail: between truth and authority. :bangin:

Think carefully

MANIFEST POWER !

[/SIZE]
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 11:05 am
@RESS,
RESS;65430 wrote:
MINOR EXCEPTIONS

These so called "minor exceptions" could be of HUGE importance when considering the accuracy and impact of your previous statement: "society and the way people are brought up has zero affect on our genetics".

These minor exceptions are certain viruses (retro-viruses) that can alter the genes of the person affected by them. Also extensive exposure to radiation can alter one's genetics. Other than that i'm not aware of any way to alter your own genes after birth. But regardless these are irrelevant to the discussion at hand as these are rare and unintentional circumstances (unless you believe there is some government conspiracy to irradiate the population with the intent of controlling their genetics.)

Quote:

Perhaps you might want to reconsider your statement after looking at the historical relationship :jail: between truth and authority. :bangin:

Nope.

"We should strive to maintain truth as authority and not authority as truth"

Those in positions of power are just as prone to mistakes as the rest of us. Kings, presidents, officers, politicians, senators, bosses, emperors, teachers etc... can and will be wrong.

You still have proven no point, you've presented no case, nor have you refuted anything.

Just more vacuous questions. But just for the sake of argument do enlighten us on your point of view, i'm eager to know. Very Happy
RESS

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2009 07:31 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;65438 wrote:
RESS;65430 wrote:
MINOR EXCEPTIONS

These minor exceptions are certain viruses (retro-viruses) that can alter the genes of the person affected by them. Also extensive exposure to radiation can alter one's genetics. Other than that i'm not aware of any way to alter your own genes after birth. But regardless these are irrelevant to the discussion at hand as these are rare and unintentional circumstances (unless you believe there is some government conspiracy to irradiate the population with the intent of controlling their genetics.)

[SIZE="4"]RARE AND UNINTENTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES ?[/SIZE]

. . . . . . . . . . . i'm not aware of any way to alter your own genes after birth. . . . . . . . . . . .

[SIZE="3"]Can you accept the possibility :what: that there are ways, that you are not aware of :dunno: , to alter genes after birth?[/SIZE] :eek:

Nope.

"We should strive to maintain truth as authority and not authority as truth"

[SIZE="4"]STRIVE ?[/SIZE] :jail:

[SIZE="3"]What is the power source :alcoholic: that enables people to "strive to maintain truth as authority and not authority as truth"[/SIZE] :bangin:

Those in positions of power are just as prone to mistakes as the rest of us. Kings, presidents, officers, politicians, senators, bosses, emperors, teachers etc... can and will be wrong.

You still have proven no point, you've presented no case, nor have you refuted anything.

Just more vacuous questions. But just for the sake of argument do enlighten us on your point of view, i'm eager to know. Very Happy

[SIZE="4"]VACUOUS QUESTIONS[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"](Apparently)[/SIZE] :scratchchin: :beerbangX:

Think carefully.

Answer intelligently.

:worship:[SIZE="6"]MANIFEST POWER ![/SIZE]
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 04:36 am
@RESS,
RESS;65453 wrote:

[SIZE="4"]RARE AND UNINTENTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES ?[/SIZE]

Unless you think The FANTASTIC FOUR are real people.

http://superherouniverse.com/superheroes/images/fantastic-four/wallpaperlogo.jpg

History?

Quote:
Can you accept the possibility :what: that there are ways, that you are not aware of :dunno: , to alter genes after birth?

I am only human.

Quote:
STRIVE ?

What is the power source :alcoholic: that enables people to"strive to maintain truth as authority and not authority as truth"

The sun?

all Joking aside, it is our own determination, our values and ethics, and our willingness to defend what we believe in. Power comes from the will of men not some pieces of paper.

Quote:
VACUOUS QUESTIONS[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="1"](Apparently)

quite so.... and yet you ask more.

You have still yet to present a case. Your hide behind your veil. What are you afraid of? tell us what you believe or are you incapable of defending your own views? What are you afraid of?
RESS

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 12:00 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;65455 wrote:
RESS;65453 wrote:

all Joking aside, it is our own determination, our values and ethics, and our willingness to defend what we believe in. Power comes from the will of men not some pieces of paper.

You said:

"Power comes from the will of men" :eek:

[SIZE="5"]Triumph of the Will[/SIZE] :bangin:

Triumph of the Will (German: Triumph des Willens) is a propaganda film made by Leni Riefenstahl. It chronicles the 1934 Nazi Party Congress in Nuremberg. The film contains excerpts from speeches given by various Nazi leaders at the Congress, including portions of speeches by Adolf Hitler, interspersed with footage of massed party members. Hitler commissioned the film and served as an unofficial executive producer; his name appears in the opening titles. The overriding theme of the film is the return of Germany as a great power, with Hitler as the True German Leader who will bring glory to the nation.

Triumph of the Will - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[SIZE="5"]The Will to Power[/SIZE] :alcoholic:

[SIZE="3"]Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche[/SIZE]

The will to power (German: "der Wille zur Macht") is a prominent concept in the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche. The will to power describes what Nietzsche believed to be the main driving force in man; achievement, ambition, the striving to reach the highest possible position in life, these are all manifestations of the will to power.

Alfred Adler incorporated the will to power into his individual psychology. This can be contrasted to the other Viennese schools of psychotherapy: Sigmund Freud's pleasure principle (will to pleasure) and Victor Frankl's logotherapy (will to meaning). Each of these schools advocate and teach a very different main driving force in man. The will to power can be found in nature in the dominance hierarchies studied in many living species.

Will to power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[SIZE="3"]
Is it not true that you share the same values as Adolf Hitler and Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche?[/SIZE]

Think carefully.

Answer intelligently.

:worship: [SIZE="7"]MANIFEST POWER ![/SIZE]
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 05:08 am
@RESS,
RESS;65460 wrote:
Fatal_Freedoms;65455 wrote:

Is it not true that you share the same values as Adolf Hitler and Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche?

Values is a rather broad statement don't you think?

It is true that I agree with Hitler and Nietzsche (what's wrong with Nietzsche?) on where power comes from. In true propaganda fashion you've committed the association fallacy by even posing this question.

Association fallacy: Information from Answers.com

The underlying insinuation is that if I agree with Hitler on absolutely anything then I am evil like Hitler was or that my values are corrupt as his were. If I like the same painters that he did....i'm evil
If i like the same food hitler liked....i'm evil
If I agree with him on the cause of a historic event....i'm evil
If I like wearing tiny mustaches.....i'm evil

The truth is that both you and I will inevitable agree with Hitler on some thing or another, but unless this has a direct correlation with why he was evil (aka ethnic cleansing) then it's a moot point.

Yes I Believe power comes from the will of the people, and perhaps Hitler believed this as well, and I'm sure a lot of historians and sociologists will agree power comes from the will of the people as well. The thing that made Hitler the most despised man in history was his USE OF POWER not his belief of it's origin.

[SIZE="3"]But Here we are and you've still yet to state your own opinion. Why must you hide? You are a coward.[/SIZE]
RESS

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 07:40 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;65461 wrote:

. . . . . . .The truth is that both you and I will inevitable agree with Hitler on some thing or another, but unless this has a direct correlation with why he was evil (aka ethnic cleansing) then it's a moot point.

[SIZE="4"]DIRECT CORRELATION[/SIZE]

You said:
[SIZE="3"]"but unless this has a direct correlation"

That is a very big "but". :banghead:

1. Can you accept the possibility that the beliefs you share with Hitler and Nietzsche, in regard to "the will", have resulted and continue to result in what you call "ethnic cleansing"? :eek:

2. Can you see a "direct correlation" between the beliefs you share with Hitler and Nietzsche, in regard to "the will", and "evil (aka ethnic cleansing)". :bangin:

Think carefully. :scratchchin:

Answer intelligently.

[/SIZE]

Fatal_Freedoms;65461 wrote:

Yes I Believe power comes from the will of the people, and perhaps Hitler believed this as well, and I'm sure a lot of historians and sociologists will agree power comes from the will of the people as well. The thing that made Hitler the most despised man in history was his USE OF POWER not his belief of it's origin.

[SIZE="4"]POWER AND BELIEF[/SIZE] :bangin:

[SIZE="3"]You said:
"The thing that made Hitler the most despised man in history was his USE OF POWER not his belief of it's origin."

1. What brought you to that conclusion? :eek:

2. Can you not see a relationship between the "USE OF POWER" and the "belief of it's origin"? :bigeyes:

Answer intelligently.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]ARE YOU UGLY OR STUPID OR NOT? :alcoholic:

:worship: MANIFEST POWER !
[/SIZE]
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 07:08 am
@RESS,
Open dialogue is a two way channel, not a one way street. I've requested numerous times that you provide your own input and each time you've ignored my request. I've answered enough of your questions already and unless you are going to answer some of mine then I see no reason to continue this discussion.
RESS

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 07:18 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;65475 wrote:
Open dialogue is a two way channel, not a one way street.

[SIZE="4"]OPEN DIALOGUE[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]"Open dialogue is a two way channel"

Readers are advised to look mindfully over the communications between the RESS and Fatal Freedoms.

1. Do you think it is possible to reason with a person who thinks like Fatal Freedoms? :beat:

2. Can you detect a hidden agenda in what Fatal Freedoms has written? :bangin:

Answer intelligently.

What say ye (What say you all?)[/SIZE]