No Such Thing As A Christian

Numpty

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 09:15 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64681 wrote:
By that statement you put a lie to your protest and to your previous statements that He does not exist. The way you phrased it, you acknowledge that He existed on earth and does exist.

If you know this much, then you must also acknowledge that He is your savior regardless of your lack of acceptance of Him and His sacrifice.
I don't need to prove it to you. The heavens and the earth prove it. His incorruptible Word proves it.

Lie?!?!?!

You misinterpret what I am saying, something you will be familiar with as Religous person, never yet have I spoken to one of religon who interprets their religous books in the same way as each other,.....I digress.

I acknwoledge no such thing. The point was you haven't proved the dude in sandles existed, you ain't never gonna prove he was the son of a magic man in the sky.

Not my savior, not yours, you can't even prove he existed out side of a story book. My savior is learning how to survive using my wits.
mako cv

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 12:20 am
@Numpty,
Quote:
Huggyface

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 03:02 am
@xexon,
A Christian surely exists, it is simply a label people brand themselves. The ideals and beliefs are another thing altogether.
Volunteer

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 07:21 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;64685 wrote:
Lie?!?!?!

You misinterpret what I am saying, something you will be familiar with as Religous person, never yet have I spoken to one of religon who interprets their religous books in the same way as each other,.....I digress.

I acknwoledge no such thing. The point was you haven't proved the dude in sandles existed, you ain't never gonna prove he was the son of a magic man in the sky.

Not my savior, not yours, you can't even prove he existed out side of a story book. My savior is learning how to survive using my wits.

Then you should be more careful about your word choice.

Even if you reject Him, He is your Savior.

People who believe the Word of God hold core beliefs in common. They may disagree on peripheral matters, but on the Spirit of the Scriptures, they hold common ground.

Survival: Been there, done, that, got the T-shirt, and wrote a book about it.

I advise you to reexamine your beliefs before you have a mid-air or double malf. I would hate to think you encounter the same fate as a friend of mine who was an avowed Druid when he died in a mid-air collision.
Numpty

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 07:24 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64719 wrote:
Then you should be more careful about your word choice.

Even if you reject Him, He is your Savior.

People who believe the Word of God hold core beliefs in common. They may disagree on peripheral matters, but on the Spirit of the Scriptures, they hold common ground.

Survival: Been there, done, that, got the T-shirt, and wrote a book about it.

I advise you to reexamine your beliefs before you have a mid-air or double malf. I would hate to think you encounter the same fate as a friend of mine who was an avowed Druid when he died in a mid-air collision.

The fact your firend died in the air was not because he was a druid. I am pretty sure the coronor's verdict on his death certificate did not come back as 'Killed by God because he was a druid'

My sincere condolences for you on his death though.

Not sure what 'double malf' is though!!
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 07:25 am
@xexon,
xexon;64683 wrote:
There are no Christians, other than the ones who belong to a cult of the dead. They follow a dead master in the same way patients follow a dead doctor. Still hoping for a cure.

It is the inner Christ that cures. Not the one dependent upon belief.

You've been had.

x

Do you believe in yourself? Do you have an inner belief? It appears you do. Yours is self-centered.

It is politically incorrect to allow your prejudice against Christ and His followers to blind you to the fact that people other than yourself believe.

By stating what you have you express the spirit of the Anti-Christ. This is nothing new.

Do something more original.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 07:31 am
@mako cv,
mako;64708 wrote:

So, you believe one fairy tale but not what you say is another?

If you reexamine the disagreement using a clear translation, an open mind, and logic concerning what is and what is not stated in the Scriptures, you'll probably find there is no disagreement between Matthew and Luke. I have examined the sections to which you refer more than once, and they do not contradict each other. I say you'll probably find this because there is no garantee you'll keep an open mind or use logic.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 07:33 am
@Huggyface,
Huggyface;64715 wrote:
A Christian surely exists, it is simply a label people brand themselves. The ideals and beliefs are another thing altogether.

Thank you for acknowledging that I exist. However, it is not just a label.
mako cv

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 02:00 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 09:52 am
@mako cv,
mako;64744 wrote:

Whatever. I've walked through the applicable passages twice and do not need to do it again to prove anything to you. It is enough for me. If you choose to believe as you do, that is your right just as mine is to believe as I do. Live long and prosper.

If you are federal law enforcement as your signature states, what do you think of xexon's little rants about hunting and disposing of christians and jews?

Your signature also seems to indicate you are retired military. If that is true, which branch and what specialty?
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 09:56 am
@xexon,
Mako, PS it would be interesting to have you and Pinochet73 go at it. If you see him down there in Texas, say hi.
mako cv

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 09:56 pm
@Volunteer,
Oh, Pinochet and I have had it round and round in the past, but he doesn't seem to want to talk to me anymore...guess he is like you and can't find any real defense for his religion other than faith...as for Xexon's little rants, it is within his constitutional rights to rant, however if he names a specific Christian, it becomes terroristic threats and if he follows through with his threats, it becomes a local law enforcement problem. That is unless he breaks a federal law, then it becomes our problem. As For P73 and I meeting, Texas is a much bigger place than most non-Texans can concieve, heck I drive 60 miles to work and 60 miles back and that is considered a short commute around here (of course I prefer the country with its peace and quite to the city noise, crowds and bustle), it is around 1000 miles from Texarkana in the east to El Paso in the west...so both of us living in Texas could be like you and a New Yorker living on the East Coast. As I recall P73 and I live quite a few miles apart. I have had the pleasure of meeting several of my on-line pals and adversaries in person, but P73 isn't among them (incidentally, I consider all my on-line acquaintances as friends unless they deem it otherwise). :patriot:
Volunteer

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 09:56 am
@mako cv,
mako;64756 wrote:
Oh, Pinochet and I have had it round and round in the past, but he doesn't seem to want to talk to me anymore...guess he is like you and can't find any real defense for his religion other than faith...:patriot:

Thanks. I haven't heard from him either.

I've been to Texas. Spent part of my training time (basic plus an 8 week follow-on course in 1979) and a six month assignment at Randolph with multiple TDYs there. One of my sons is now stationed near Killeen except when he's in Iraq. It ain't as big as Alaska. I was stationed there for 3 years. Been to Shemya, Adak, North of Point Barrow, and all over the main land mass.

1 Co 13:8-13, "Love never ends.
But as for prophecies, they will come to an end;
as for languages, they will cease;
as for knowledge, it will come to an end.
For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
But when the perfect comes, the partial will come to an end.
When I was a child, I spoke like a child,
I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I put aside childish things.
For now we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face.
Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, as I am fully known.
Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.
But the greatest of these is love."

(Emphasis added)
mako cv

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 10:56 pm
@Volunteer,
Are you still active duty or retired?

There are those who scoff at the school boy, calling him frivolous and shallow. Yet it was the school boy who said, Faith is believing what you know ain't so. - Mark Twain "Following the Equator, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar":patriot:
Volunteer

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 08:48 am
@mako cv,
mako;64770 wrote:
Are you still active duty or retired?

There are those who scoff at the school boy, calling him frivolous and shallow. Yet it was the school boy who said, Faith is believing what you know ain't so. - Mark Twain "Following the Equator, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar":patriot:

Retired from the Air Force.
0 Replies