No Such Thing As A Christian

xexon

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 11:05 am
@Numpty,
I do think there was a person named Jesus, Isa, etc, who had traveled far and wide and brought back ideas foreign to the brittle world of scripture and priests.

The teachings are identical to what a realized person would talk about. One exposed to eastern philosophies.

The problem isn't with Jesus, it's with Christians and Christianity and their interpretation of what Jesus is supposed to have said.

They've constructed this exclusive world where a holy book is the item sitting on the throne.

Jews and Muslims are just as guilty.

It's a "book" that guides your path, not a living word of God.

You will suffer the consequences accordingly.

x
Volunteer

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:50 am
@xexon,
xexon;64420 wrote:
It doesn't operate that way.

A book is a menu for what is available from the kitchen. It cannot feed you itself. Only a living master has the authority as the "word of God". Only from such a person can spiritual nutrition flow. All else is an exercise of the mind's ability to calculate.

A master belongs to no religion. This individual is the completion of a human existance, forged over many lifetimes as a diamond is put against a wheel to form many facets.

By the time it leaves, it has been transformed from rough stone to radiant soul.

Just as it arrived here as. Your true natural state. Not this human costume you've attached yourself to like Linus's blanket.

The journey of human existance through many lifetimes is but one of the carnival rides available to those who have no attachment. It's all there, waiting.

For those who desire none of it, but for the moment, the "kingdom" is wide open.

Anything is possible.

x

Did you create yourself? Did you spring into being from your own thought?
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 08:01 am
@xexon,
xexon;64466 wrote:
I don't smoke and I don't drink coffee.

Perhaps you should try to deconstruct what I say rather than deconstruct me?

Your holy book is nothing but obstacle to what God is. It is belief that creates the illusion of separation. It is belief that must be plowed under for the realization if God to take place.

Christianity and Judaism are strange bedfellows, you know. Judaism has more in common with Islam than it does with Christianity. The only reason we're buddy buddy right now is the political force that comes from it.

Has nothing to do with "God".

x

There has to be a reason for your crazy ideas. Today that reason is usually due to chemicals.

At the core, Christians believe what Jews do and more. Christians differ with Jews in the person of the Messiah.

Islam does not honor Yehweh, the God of the Bible and God of Abraham.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 08:06 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;64467 wrote:
I am asking for evidence of the creators son.

Now I have done some research and looked at the above names. Guess what? No eywitness accounts.

Let me show you

66-74 CE, Christian Era right? So I am guessing this is betwwen 32 and 40 years after Jesus died, hardly eyewitness material is it?

Ok some more here: Windmill Ministries - Christian Apologetics

Notice the running theme here with the dates in question. ALL are after the event, second, third and forth hand stories.

One of the 'Greatest' Historians of his time Cornelius Tacitus:Windmill Ministries - Christian Apologetics

Again look at the dates.

Where are the written down and documented Eyewitness accounts? This man was seen by thousands of people, he was the son of 'GOD'. Why isn't there one single eyewitness account?

With the names you have given me, you have further demonstrated to me that there was never a man called Jesus.

Don't you think if there was even one single account the Christians followers would be citing it on a daily basis, proof of their lord and saviour?

But relying on Historians 30+ years after and event as evidence is week, especially when they weren't even there.

You can do better than that i am sure, so keep them coming.

Demonstrate to me the Son of God existed through historical documentation outside of the Bible and I will have to sit up and take note, and surely I will.

Do you believe the entire Bible is false? What is your evidence that the Bible is untrue? Where is your eyewitness accounting that explicitly refutes the events recorded in the Bible?
Volunteer

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 08:08 am
@xexon,
xexon;64469 wrote:
I do think there was a person named Jesus, Isa, etc, who had traveled far and wide and brought back ideas foreign to the brittle world of scripture and priests.

The teachings are identical to what a realized person would talk about. One exposed to eastern philosophies.

The problem isn't with Jesus, it's with Christians and Christianity and their interpretation of what Jesus is supposed to have said.

They've constructed this exclusive world where a holy book is the item sitting on the throne.

Jews and Muslims are just as guilty.

It's a "book" that guides your path, not a living word of God.

You will suffer the consequences accordingly.

x

Who is your living God?
0 Replies

xexon

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 09:55 am
@xexon,
My goodness! Aren't we enthusiastic to learn?

I am more than happy to continue your education.

The closer relationship of Islam and Judaism is a matter of fact. I suggest you research it. Christianity is seen as flawed by the other two.

The bible is a patchwork quilt of different stories and ideas and experiences of people long ago. Believers in it tend to deny such people walk the earth today. They cling like grim death to scripture, looking for answers within the cryptic words that have rusted with age.

Why not elevate yourself to that perception described in the bible? That state of communion with God, so that you may know the answers directly, and not have to depend on belief?

This is the path Jesus outlined. Not that anybody believed him.

Then as now, God is an experience, not a belief.

You have to drop belief to get the experience.

Few are brave enough to go naked. Even atheists must drop the idea they're an atheist.

It has become my natural state. The only way you will understand it, is to become the same.

Only then will you come to understand that when referring to the living "God", there is no "who". That implies duality. You understand that your human point of view is just an extension of this singular conscious force.

It can manifest in over 6 billion individual human lives and not even blink.

One consciousness. Many forms.

x
Volunteer

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 11:02 am
@xexon,
xexon;64566 wrote:
My goodness! Aren't we enthusiastic to learn?

I am more than happy to continue your education.

The closer relationship of Islam and Judaism is a matter of fact. I suggest you research it. Christianity is seen as flawed by the other two.

x

So, the Jews accept Islam and Islam accepts the Jews? Wow, I've never heard that before. You sure are giving me an education. Tell me another.
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 11:07 am
@xexon,
xexon;64566 wrote:

Then as now, God is an experience, not a belief.

You have to drop belief to get the experience.

Few are brave enough to go naked. Even atheists must drop the idea they're an atheist.

It has become my natural state. The only way you will understand it, is to become the same.

Only then will you come to understand that when referring to the living "God", there is no "who". That implies duality. You understand that your human point of view is just an extension of this singular conscious force.

It can manifest in over 6 billion individual human lives and not even blink.

One consciousness. Many forms.

x

I heard they made a religion out of the religion in Star Wars. You sound like a Jedi.

Are you saying I am part of you and vice versa? Read my mind right now, see what I'm thinking. If we are one consciousness then that should be no problem.
Volunteer

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 11:36 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;64397 wrote:
Show me the records please.

Historicity of Jesus - Conservapedia

Try this. You won't be convinced though since you require eyewitness accounts in the original hand.

How about you proving the account in the Bible is false.
xexon

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 11:39 am
@Volunteer,
My fingers don't slice off when I put on gloves. The hand is unaffected by the glove's wrapping of fingers as individuals. It stays in one piece despite the covering that accents individuality.

The singular consciousness you call God is unaffected by individuality expressed through it's creations.

All things telescope outward from their source. You and I as human entities are no different. We enjoy the idea of self, yet we are still connected at the source, uniting us. So it is all through creation.

Many forms. One source of them all.

The road to God realization, is to see this commonality running through all things.

x
0 Replies

xexon

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 11:41 am
@xexon,
It's not that things in the bible are false, its just that they are so corrupted by time, they are not recognizable as anything other than words of wisdom.

If you can't understand the reality behind the symbolism, all the faith in the world will not save you from death.

x
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:19 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64562 wrote:
Do you believe the entire Bible is false? Where is your eyewitness accounting that explicitly refutes the events recorded in the Bible?

Now my good man, time for some schooling on logic.

Let us look at the questions you pose and see if the make any sense.

Quote:
Where is your eyewitness accounting that explicitly refutes the events recorded in the Bible?

Ok you are asking me to provide eyewitness accounts to disprove events that there are no eyewitness accounts to prove they happened. :rollinglaugh:

Quote:
What is your evidence that the Bible is untrue?

The fact there is not one single piece of eyewitness accounting for the Son of the Creator of the Universe, Galaxy, Sloar System and Earth. Not one.

The Bible starts with Adam and Eve, Genetically we should all be window lickers with all the inbreading which had to occur to have 6 Billion people on the planet. It's just not genetically possible.

Quote:
Do you believe the entire Bible is false?

Any part that can be verified outside of the books by other independant documentation then No.

Everything else Yes. Which is a bloody large proportion of it.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 07:24 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64575 wrote:
Historicity of Jesus - Conservapedia

Try this. You won't be convinced though since you require eyewitness accounts in the original hand.

How about you proving the account in the Bible is false.

Wow, blown out the water in the first paragraph, thanks for proving me correct.

Quote:
[SIZE="6"]speculated[/SIZE]

Remember this man is supposed to be the Son of the Creator of the Universe. You know how big that is right?

Well do you not think it a little odd that you are unable to provide first hand accounts of him?
mako cv

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 01:34 am
@Numpty,
Vol, read my thread "are the Gospels inerrant"...there is the evidence that your gospels are little more than mythology and mythology that copies several older savior god myths...:patriot:
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 06:41 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;64591 wrote:
Wow, blown out the water in the first paragraph, thanks for proving me correct.

Remember this man is supposed to be the Son of the Creator of the Universe. You know how big that is right?

Well do you not think it a little odd that you are unable to provide first hand accounts of him?

Asking someone to prove the existence of a person mentioned in the most widely published book on the face of the earth without using the evidence provided in that book or the thousands of books that were translated into that book is like asking someone to prove that 2+2 =4 without allowing them to use the numerals 1, 2, 3, or 4 or any symbols that represent those numerals.

There are eyewitness accounts recorded in the Bible. Your choice not to believe the Bible is not my problem to solve.

A lack of belief in the truth does not negate the truth.

Choosing to stop being a Christian does not mean there are no Christians unless you believe you are the universe and therefore a god unto yourself and anyone outside of you is non-existent. I believe there is a Psychological term for this. What could that term be??
Numpty

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 07:53 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64666 wrote:
Asking someone to prove the existence of a person mentioned in the most widely published book on the face of the earth without using the evidence provided in that book or the thousands of books that were translated into that book is like asking someone to prove that 2+2 =4 without allowing them to use the numerals 1, 2, 3, or 4 or any symbols that represent those numerals.

There are eyewitness accounts recorded in the Bible. Your choice not to believe the Bible is not my problem to solve.

A lack of belief in the truth does not negate the truth.

Choosing to stop being a Christian does not mean there are no Christians unless you believe you are the universe and therefore a god unto yourself and anyone outside of you is non-existent. I believe there is a Psychological term for this. What could that term be??

No, Like RED you have failed to provide evidence outside of the Bible. As I said, provide evidence that corroborates the stories in the Bible and you have a case. So far you have not.

Check Mako's posts and threads out. That there is some extensive evidence which corroborates his ideas.

Ok so you need to be a christian in the first place to stop being one, something I have never been.

Enlighten me, what would be that Psycological term be?

The universe is bigger than one dude in sandals you know Wink
Volunteer

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 09:09 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;64669 wrote:
No, Like RED you have failed to provide evidence outside of the Bible. As I said, provide evidence that corroborates the stories in the Bible and you have a case. So far you have not.

Check Mako's posts and threads out. That there is some extensive evidence which corroborates his ideas.

Ok so you need to be a christian in the first place to stop being one, something I have never been.

Enlighten me, what would be that Psycological term be?

The universe is bigger than one dude in sandals you know Wink

My reply was to several posts by different people.

As I said, your lack of belief is not my problem. It does not obligate me to prove my belief to you. The fact that I believe is not changed by the lack of belief in another person. Your choice is your choice, you can deal with it in whatever manner you wish.

By the way, you should capitalize Dude when speaking of your Savior. If you insist on using that type of word to refer to the Son of God. Just a recommendation.
Numpty

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 11:26 pm
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;64670 wrote:
My reply was to several posts by different people.

As I said, your lack of belief is not my problem. It does not obligate me to prove my belief to you. The fact that I believe is not changed by the lack of belief in another person. Your choice is your choice, you can deal with it in whatever manner you wish.

By the way, you should capitalize Dude when speaking of your Savior. If you insist on using that type of word to refer to the Son of God. Just a recommendation.

Not my savior, when you start spouting rubbish like that then I will challenge the existence of some dude in sandles.

You said he existed, you believe he existed, you use 'evidence' in the BIble to 'prove' his existence.

So, my challenge is to provide the 'other' evidence which will substantiate your claims.

Prove there was a Jesus, and I will belive there was a man by that name (so far you have failed)

When you manage to prove he existed the next challenge is to provide evidence he was the son of a deity.

Over to you.
Volunteer

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 07:06 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;64671 wrote:
Not my savior, when you start spouting rubbish like that then I will challenge the existence of some dude in sandles.

You said he existed, you believe he existed, you use 'evidence' in the BIble to 'prove' his existence.

So, my challenge is to provide the 'other' evidence which will substantiate your claims.

Prove there was a Jesus, and I will belive there was a man by that name (so far you have failed)

When you manage to prove he existed the next challenge is to provide evidence he was the son of a deity.

Over to you.

By that statement you put a lie to your protest and to your previous statements that He does not exist. The way you phrased it, you acknowledge that He existed on earth and does exist.

If you know this much, then you must also acknowledge that He is your savior regardless of your lack of acceptance of Him and His sacrifice.
I don't need to prove it to you. The heavens and the earth prove it. His incorruptible Word proves it.

This thread states there is no such thing as a Christian. I differ with that view. I state that I am a Christian. Therefore the premise of this thread is proved false. If the person who started this thread chooses to state that he is no longer a Christian, that is his choice, but it doesn't negate the fact that there are other Christians.

Your difficulty in accepting His existence is not an issue with which I wish to waste time. You obviously have chosen to believe that the Bible is false. I don’t know your reasons. I don’t need to know. You do.

Luke 16:19-31, "There was a rich man who would dress in purple and fine linen, feasting lavishly every day. But a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, was left at his gate. He longed to be filled with what fell from the rich man's table, but instead the dogs would come and lick his sores. One day the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. And being in torment in Hades, he looked up and saw Abraham a long way off, with Lazarus at his side. 'Father Abraham! ' he called out, 'Have mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this flame!'

" 'Son,' Abraham said, 'remember that during your life you received your good things, just as Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here, while you are in agony. Besides all this, a great chasm has been fixed between us and you, so that those who want to pass over from here to you cannot; neither can those from there cross over to us.

" 'Father,' he said, 'then I beg you to send him to my father's house— because I have five brothers—to warn them, so they won't also come to this place of torment.'

"But Abraham said, 'They have Moses and the prophets; they should listen to them.'

" 'No, father Abraham,' he said. 'But if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'

"But he told him, 'If they don't listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded if someone rises from the dead. “”
xexon

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 07:52 am
@Volunteer,
There are no Christians, other than the ones who belong to a cult of the dead. They follow a dead master in the same way patients follow a dead doctor. Still hoping for a cure.

It is the inner Christ that cures. Not the one dependent upon belief.

You've been had.

x