Bible history.

Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:32 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66305 wrote:
Humans, homo sapien sapiens are a species of animal. Through phylogeny we can find our exact position within the family tree. Although I know your ego won't allow you to accept this.

The same techniques that are used for paternity tests are used to trace our ancestry further back.

Scientists have been able to identify the exact gene fusion that happened between humans and our most recent simian ancestor, and scientists have been able to determine roughly when this occurred.

If you wish to talk science with me, you will lose. Very Happy

Your statements are as false as saying "Humans are a species of trees." :rollinglaugh: Sorry, but semantics doesn't determine reality. ;)So instead of blindly believing everything you read in a science book (which constantly changes), you need to look at reality to see the difference between humans and animals as all children can. Smile
Numpty

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:35 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66316 wrote:
Numpty, you talking to me or carico?

Who do you think?
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:36 am
@Carico,
Carico;66319 wrote:
Your statements are as false as saying "Humans are a species of trees." :rollinglaugh: Sorry, but semantics doesn't determine reality. ;)So instead of blindly believing everything you read in a science book (which constantly changes), you need to look at reality to see the difference between humans and animals as all children can. Smile

What is this reality then?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:37 am
@Carico,
Carico;66319 wrote:
Your statements are as false as saying "Humans are a species of trees."

Please demonstrate.
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:37 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;66326 wrote:
What is this reality then?

:eek: Reality is what happens in the outside world. But since you don't know that then you prove me right that atheists live in their imaginations. Wink The definition of delusional people are people who don't know what reality is.
Numpty

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:40 am
@Carico,
Carico;66328 wrote:
:eek: Reality is what happens in the outside world. But since you don't know that then you prove me right that atheists live in their imaginations. Wink The definition of delusional people are people who don't know what reality is.

Oh,..you mean believing in an imaginary man in the sky, sorry forgot about that reality.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:45 am
@Carico,
Carico;66328 wrote:

No, he wanted to know what you thought reality was. Since you have continually demonstrated that you do not know.
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:46 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;66329 wrote:
Oh,..you mean believing in an imaginary man in the sky, sorry forgot about that reality.

Sorry, but true Christians don't believe in a man in the sky. "God is Spirit." Scientists believe in energy as a powerful force even though it can't be seen. But we know that energy exists because of the effects of energy. And so it is with God, good, evil, Satan, love, hate and even the wind. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:51 am
@Carico,
Carico;66335 wrote:
Sorry, but true Christians don't believe in a man in the sky. "God is Spirit." Scientists believe in energy as a powerful force even though it can't be seen. But we know that energy exists because of the effects of energy. And so it is with God, good, evil, Satan, love, hate and even the wind. Wink

Um, wrong (again)

Energy can be seen, usually when we can see energy it's called LIGHT.
Numpty

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:58 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66340 wrote:
Um, wrong (again)

:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

See, incompetent ignorance :thumbup:
0 Replies

Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:27 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66340 wrote:
Um, wrong (again)

Sorry, but light is an effect of energy, not energy itself. Wink Since God is Spirit, then one has to know God's Spirit to know God. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:31 am
@Carico,
Carico;66366 wrote:
Sorry, but light is an effect of energy, not energy itself. Wink Since God is Spirit, then one has to know God's Spirit to know God. Wink

No light IS an energy.

Types of energy:

Magnetic
Kinetic/Potential
Heat
Radiant <--- Light
Chemical
Electrical
Nuclear

Welcome to 5th grade science. :thumbup:
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:35 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66367 wrote:
No light IS an energy.

Types of energy:

Magnetic
Kinetic/Potential
Heat
Radiant <--- Light
Chemical
Electrical
Nuclear

Welcome to 5th grade science. :thumbup:

The above is how energy manifests itself. But it is not all inclusive of the power of energy. Wink So again, God manifests himself in the design of creation itself. But that is not all inclusive of the power of God. So you have to know what the word "manifest' means before you can discuss this. :rolleyes:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:44 am
@Carico,
Carico;66372 wrote:
The above is how energy manifests itself. But it is not all inclusive of the power of energy. Wink So again, God manifests himself in the design of creation itself. But that is not all inclusive of the power of God. So you have to know what the word "manifest' means before you can discuss this. :rolleyes:

Wrong this is every known form of energy. Each of these can be independently measured. Energy simply put is "the capacity to do work" and everything that does work can be regressed down to one (or many) of these forms of energy.

You're just making up **** as you go.
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:48 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66375 wrote:
Wrong this is every known form of energy. Each of these can be independently measured. Energy simply put is "the capacity to do work" and everything that does work can be regressed down to one (or many) of these forms of energy.

You're just making up **** as you go.

Sorry but even scientists know that energy cannot be created or destroyed. So energy is as eternal as God is. Wink Scientists just don't want to call energy God. But they still can't explain where the fist DNA came from and how it programs the mind and body. Wink I've got other things to do right now.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:57 am
@Carico,
Carico;66376 wrote:
Sorry but even scientists know that energy cannot be created or destroyed.

What does this have to do with anything?

Quote:
So energy is as eternal as God is.

1. Rock music is good

2. Jesus was good

3. Therefore rock music was Jesus

Quote:
Wink Scientists just don't want to call energy God.

because it contradicts the very definition of what it means to be god.

I could call my chair a tree and both are made of wood. Does that make my chair a tree?

Quote:

But they still can't explain where the fist DNA came from and how it programs the mind and body.

Not with certainty. But that doesn't mean "god done it".
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:03 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66378 wrote:
What does this have to do with anything?

1. Rock music is good

2. Jesus was good

3. Therefore rock music was Jesus

because it contradicts the very definition of what it means to be god.

I could call my chair a tree and both are made of wood. Does that make my chair a tree?

Not with certainty. But that doesn't mean "god done it".

:eek: It's your post that is meandering all over the place.:rolleyes: So sorry, but you can't outwit God. You only look like a fool for trying. But atheists are proud of looking like fools. So I'm sure you'll continue to do so.Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:31 pm
@Carico,
Even if there was a god, it wouldn't be your god. Your god requires far too many assumption, and isn't worthy of worship anyway.

If there was a god, it most likely would be something like spinoza's god or einstein's god. It wouldn't play favorites or intervene. It wouldn't demand worship nor need worship. Your god and all other religious conception's of god are anthropomorphized to the point of absurdity. Given fallible human characteristics, and played as some sort of character in some childhood story.
Carico

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 10:43 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;66414 wrote:
Even if there was a god, it wouldn't be your god. Your god requires far too many assumption, and isn't worthy of worship anyway.

If there was a god, it most likely would be something like spinoza's god or einstein's god. It wouldn't play favorites or intervene. It wouldn't demand worship nor need worship. Your god and all other religious conception's of god are anthropomorphized to the point of absurdity. Given fallible human characteristics, and played as some sort of character in some childhood story.

Well, if you want to worship wood stone or bronze then your fate's going to be the same as it is right now. So you don't want God, you won't get him. Then there's no point in ranting and raving at a God you don't want...especially a God you think is imaginary. Wink Yet atheists take God very seriously...enough to spend countless hours calling a God they think is imaginary evil.:eek: Are you that angry at the Flying Spaghetti Monster?:rollinglaugh: I hope not. So your contradiction proves that you know that God is real. Wink
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 02:59 am
@Carico,
Carico;66435 wrote:
Well, if you want to worship wood stone or bronze then your fate's going to be the same as it is right now. So you don't want God, you won't get him. Then there's no point in ranting and raving at a God you don't want...especially a God you think is imaginary. Wink Yet atheists take God very seriously...enough to spend countless hours calling a God they think is imaginary evil.:eek: Are you that angry at the Flying Spaghetti Monster?:rollinglaugh: I hope not. So your contradiction proves that you know that God is real. Wink

I'm not angry at yahweh, I have no reason to believe he even exists. If I was angry at anything it would be the villainy of organized religion.

Followers of FSM do not hold sway in washington, they don't have a say in what laws are made. It worries me that people who believe in a talking snake have their finger over the red button. It worries me that the people who look forward to nuclear armageddon have a say in when it happens.