You Can't Quote Scripture

Campbell34

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:01 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;49293 wrote:
So.... you've got IMPERFECT humans picking and choosing what goes into a PERFECT book? You've got argument... nay, CONTROVERSY... about the Bible!

Sense, this does not make.

C'mon... "Teach the Controversy!"

The Christians knew what Books spoke the truth and what Books were written to deny that truth. It was a simple choice for them to make. It did not take a rocket scientist to see a fake Gospel. And the fakes were rejected. Even a quick read of some of those Books today would reveal to anyone that understans Christ message that those Books had something in mind other than spreading the Gospel of Christ.
Sabz5150

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 08:18 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;49325 wrote:
The Christians knew what Books spoke the truth and what Books were written to deny that truth. It was a simple choice for them to make. It did not take a rocket scientist to see a fake Gospel. And the fakes were rejected. Even a quick read of some of those Books today would reveal to anyone that understans Christ message that those Books had something in mind other than spreading the Gospel of Christ.

Care to explain? Which part of these books exactly is false? Examples?

This means there was human choice in what goes into the Bible. For it to be perfect, humans need to be completely out of the loop... for we are imperfect. According to your beliefs, there is only one perfect being... did he choose what went into this book and handed it down?

Revelation was written by man, wholly talks of end times, and wound up in there? How was this chosen over the others?
Campbell34

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 09:32 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;49329 wrote:
Care to explain? Which part of these books exactly is false? Examples?

This means there was human choice in what goes into the Bible. For it to be perfect, humans need to be completely out of the loop... for we are imperfect. According to your beliefs, there is only one perfect being... did he choose what went into this book and handed it down?

Revelation was written by man, wholly talks of end times, and wound up in there? How was this chosen over the others?

Humans donot need to be completely out of the loop, for the Bible tells us that inspired men of God were involoved in the conception of the Bible.

Here is one example of a rejected Book. It's call the Gospel of Thomas. In verse 114 it states, Simon Peter said to him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of life." Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven." No where does Jesus in any other Gospel tell us woman must become male in order to get to heaven. This is an obvious non Biblical statement that was not inspired, but reflects Middle Eastern mind set. To suggest that woman are not worthy of life, is just stupid. Jesus tells us that whosoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 23 Dec, 2007 04:23 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;49324 wrote:

Not that it matters, but that was on Saturday not Sunday,
and this was the Old Covanent. Today we donot put people to death for working on Sunday.
And this is because we are now under the New Covanent. This Law was for the Jews only. The situation was very different back then because the Jews were under the strict control of God.

Yes, that is my point, people aren't put to death for working on the day of rest, yet that is what is demanded by the holy book.

The very fact that god had to change his attitude shows that he was not infallible!
Campbell34

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 02:52 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;49356 wrote:
Yes, that is my point, people aren't put to death for working on the day of rest, yet that is what is demanded by the holy book.

The very fact that god had to change his attitude shows that he was not infallible!

God never changed anything, the Old Testament was given for us as examples of man trying to reach God through his own works. If you read the O.T. you see that mans goodness always failed to reach the kind of goodness required to get to heaven. The Bible even tells you in Romans 15:4 that everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. When Jesus Christ appeared it should of been no surprise to anyone that knew the Bible, for the Old Testament was saying that He was coming.
The Old Testament tells you the time of his coming, where he would be born, and His mission. Over and over again the Bible was pointing to Jesus. It tells you He would be betrayed by a friend, and it even tells you he would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 02:00 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;49425 wrote:
God never changed anything, the Old Testament was given for us as examples of man trying to reach God through his own works. If you read the O.T. you see that mans goodness always failed to reach the kind of goodness required to get to heaven. The Bible even tells you in Romans 15:4 that everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. When Jesus Christ appeared it should of been no surprise to anyone that knew the Bible, for the Old Testament was saying that He was coming.
The Old Testament tells you the time of his coming, where he would be born, and His mission. Over and over again the Bible was pointing to Jesus. It tells you He would be betrayed by a friend, and it even tells you he would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver.

So this us why it was okay for someone to be killed for working on the sabbath back then but it isn't okay to do so now? God can't change his mind, so either that part of the bible was wrong or it is always okay to kill people for working on the sabbath, which is it?
Campbell34

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 11:07 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;49447 wrote:
So this us why it was okay for someone to be killed for working on the sabbath back then but it isn't okay to do so now? God can't change his mind, so either that part of the bible was wrong or it is always okay to kill people for working on the sabbath, which is it?

The Jews were God's chossen people and God made laws for them to follow after they sinned against God when they made the Golden Calf shortly after the Red Sea Crossing. God used the Jews to bring us the Bible. The New Covanent was for the whole world which included the Jews. The Old covanent was for the (Jews alone.) Do you understand that? The Old Covanent was for the Jews only. And the Old Covanent was for the Jews of the past. It's pretty simple if you are thinking. Old Covanent and it's laws were for the Jews. The New Covanent is for all the world today.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 05:00 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;49466 wrote:
The Jews were God's chossen people and God made laws for them to follow after they sinned against God when they made the Golden Calf shortly after the Red Sea Crossing. God used the Jews to bring us the Bible. The New Covanent was for the whole world which included the Jews. The Old covanent was for the (Jews alone.) Do you understand that? The Old Covanent was for the Jews only. And the Old Covanent was for the Jews of the past. It's pretty simple if you are thinking. Old Covanent and it's laws were for the Jews. The New Covanent is for all the world today.

Then why am i not hearing about jews being killed for working on the sabbath on the nightly news?
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:12 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51021 wrote:
Then why am i not hearing about jews being killed for working on the sabbath on the nightly news?

I believe that would be the Jews' problem, wouldn't it?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:18 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51028 wrote:
I believe that would be the Jews' problem, wouldn't it?

Oh yes, shame on them for not killing each other....:wtf:
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:20 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51030 wrote:
Oh yes, shame on them for not killing each other....:wtf:

Well, you're expecting him to become an apologist for both Judaism and Christianity. A bit much, don't you think?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:27 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51031 wrote:
Well, you're expecting him to become an apologist for both Judaism and Christianity. A bit much, don't you think?

Just pointing out that the "scriptures" aren't always followed, and sometimes it is for the better.
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:29 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51038 wrote:
Just pointing out that the "scriptures" aren't always followed, and sometimes it is for the better.

I'd like to respond to everything that's being said here, but I'll wait until it becomes relevant again. I'm not going to repeat all the arguments and disrupt the calm.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:35 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51039 wrote:
I'd like to respond to everything that's being said here, but I'll wait until it becomes relevant again. I'm not going to repeat all the arguments and disrupt the calm.

yeah, you do that.
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:40 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
That contributed about as little to the discussion as my last post.

:pw:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:10 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51044 wrote:
That contributed about as little to the discussion as my last post.

:pw:

It was about as much as a contribution that you made by saying that you will say something...:wtf:
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:15 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51085 wrote:
It was about as much as a contribution that you made by saying that you will say something...:wtf:

Which is exactly what I said in my previous post.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:25 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;47093 wrote:
because...

Scripture is meaningless until you can establish its authority. In order to do so you must pass five checkpoints.

1. Prove god.
2. Prove YOUR god.
3. Prove your god inspired scripture.
4. Prove the scripture hasn't changed.
5. Prove your interpretation of scripture is correct.

Until you can accomplish all of that there is no more point quoting The Bible than quoting Huckleberry Finn.

Do you have any idea as to how much of life -- yours, mine and everybody else's-- cannot be scientifically proven? Scientific proof can't be the standard, because Man will never know enough, and he can only know the realm of matter.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:41 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;51142 wrote:
Do you have any idea as to how much of life -- yours, mine and everybody else's-- cannot be scientifically proven? Scientific proof can't be the standard, because Man will never know enough, and he can only know the realm of matter.

So because science can't prove everything that means we should believe fairy-tales?
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:50 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51153 wrote:
So because science can't prove everything that means we should believe fairy-tales?

If science has no proof it has no more credibility than religion.