Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:56 pm
@Sabz5150,
lol....doz crazy jews! :beat:
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 12:01 am
@Sabz5150,
Wow, we have a rather progressive culture over there now dont we....
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 04:58 pm
@Drakej,
Like i've said many times before, It's the middle-east in general thats violent and old-fashioned not any particular religion.
0 Replies

Drakej

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 10:30 pm
@Sabz5150,
I don't necessarily agree that it is the region or people in general. A great deal of it stems from their Religion. It just so happens that the whole region shares similar beliefs and when they encounter someone of another belief structure they are to ridicule them according to there text. I do not mean to say that all of the middle east is this way but I would have to say a large portion of them tend to hate Homosexuals.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 04:05 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;53750 wrote:
I don't necessarily agree that it is the region or people in general. A great deal of it stems from their Religion. It just so happens that the whole region shares similar beliefs and when they encounter someone of another belief structure they are to ridicule them according to there text. I do not mean to say that all of the middle east is this way but I would have to say a large portion of them tend to hate Homosexuals.

I would have to say it's because the state of things in the middle east, we can't forget the western would was once like them.
Drakej

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 01:50 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;53776 wrote:
I would have to say it's because the state of things in the middle east, we can't forget the western would was once like them.

That is very true, and a huge influence on the way they act comes from Religion. Many of there laws are based on there religious laws it seems to me. But yes that whole region being in turmoil really does not help the people there progress.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:38 am
@Sabz5150,
Their laws are often religious because they have no notion of freedom of religion or sep. of church and state (Which is good at a moderate level), their religion requires that there is no distinction between religious laws and the laws of the government.

Of course, there are moderates, so only two countries are completely under Sharia, but the laws in other countries often include some sort of Sharia law.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 12:47 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53796 wrote:
Their laws are often religious because they have no notion of freedom of religion or sep. of church and state (Which is good at a moderate level),

How can that be a good thing?
Sabz5150

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 02:20 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;53799 wrote:
How can that be a good thing?

When you toss Jesus into the mix.

Government and religion need to be kept apart by a twenty foot thick steel wall covered in razor wire with about 40,000 amps of juice flowing through it.

When people ask for wiggle room in that particular area, it is for their religion only that they want this. Things like this are why we refuse to give it to them.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:20 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;53818 wrote:
When you toss Jesus into the mix.

Government and religion need to be kept apart by a twenty foot thick steel wall covered in razor wire with about 40,000 amps of juice flowing through it.

When people ask for wiggle room in that particular area, it is for their religion only that they want this. Things like this are why we refuse to give it to them.

I find it hypocritical when most politicians would agree that there should be no prayer in school yet thy allow prayer before every session of congress.
DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:33 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;53838 wrote:
I find it hypocritical when most politicians would agree that there should be no prayer in school yet thy allow prayer before every session of congress.
"most" what would you say the percentage is? I don't think you can verify even ten percent much less a majority? I think your hypocrisy is ill placed.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:37 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;53848 wrote:
"most" what would you say the percentage is? I don't think you can verify even ten percent much less a majority? I think your hypocrisy is ill placed.

Well according to the way our system of law making is set-up, it would require a majority of congress to approve a ban on school-prayar. Not only that but even the "moment of silence" is banned from schools.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:30 pm
@Sabz5150,
You cannot keep prayer out of schools, you can keep organized prayer out. Freedom of religion includes being at school. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; Forget about that one?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:37 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;53871 wrote:
You cannot keep prayer out of schools, you can keep organized prayer out. Freedom of religion includes being at school. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; Forget about that one?

Have you seen kids praying at school lately?
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2008 10:04 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;53871 wrote:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion Did you forget that one? Pray all you want. Enforce prayer and there's a steeltoe boot coming for ya at near light speed.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 08:06 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;53873 wrote:
Have you seen kids praying at school lately?

Cause we all hang around schools just in case someone starts praying.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 08:14 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53984 wrote:
Cause we all hang around schools just in case someone starts teaching real science.

Fixed!
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2008 08:22 pm
@Sabz5150,
Pretty hung up on that, huh? Are we teaching fake science now, last time I checked evolution was still pretty popular.
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 06:31 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53991 wrote:
Pretty hung up on that, huh? Are we teaching fake science now, last time I checked evolution was still pretty popular.

So popular that 85% of the US population completely misunderstands it? So popular that teachers around the country don't teach it because they are afraid for their jobs? So popular that court cases have been fought over it's classification as a theory?

ID is being introduced in many schools. It is not science. So yes, we are teaching fake science.

I'm stuck up on this because there is this nonstop attempt to stifle the teaching of one of the most reliable, most widely accepted and most widely used theories in all of science simply because the religious are worried that the offering plate might start to get a bit thin. No, we will not teach your religious views in a science class. Why? Because the establishment clause prevents it and it's simply not science.
0 Replies