What did Christ teach about war for his followers?

Campbell34

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 10:35 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;41213 wrote:
So, you don't believe that nonsense 'LOVE YOUR ENEMY' Christian LIE.

I believe if you can make peace with your enemy do it, and maybe you can learn to love them. Yet Jesus made that statement to show that the law was impossible to live up to. The Jews of that day would of found it impossible to love the Romans. No, I don't believe it was ever given as a strict law to follow. It was an example of perfection that mankind could not achieve themselves. That's why the Bible tells us, that by the Law no flesh shall be justified.
SWORD of GOD

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 05:58 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;41238 wrote:
I believe if you can make peace with your enemy do it, and maybe you can learn to love them. Yet Jesus made that statement to show that the law was impossible to live up to. The Jews of that day would of found it impossible to love the Romans. No, I don't believe it was ever given as a strict law to follow. It was an example of perfection that mankind could not achieve themselves. That's why the Bible tells us, that by the Law no flesh shall be justified.

Jesus in that passage never put conditions for applying 'LOVE YOUR ENEMY'. As always, you -christian apologists- pick and choose from the bible whatever fulfills your personal desires and reject the rest. You are trying to put words in Jesus mouth that he never said.

I just have nothing more to add regarding this issue because I know you'll never be truthfull and honest when it comes to such nonsense in your fabricated bible.
wvpeach

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 10:34 am
@Brian764,
Good post Brian

[SIZE="3"]Real followers of Christ do not engage in or support preemptive war.[/SIZE]

Brian@764;40959 wrote:
You're correct...He also said that those who live by the sword will die by the sword. A true Christian is a peace maker and not a war monger. And it does not matter who start it first, if you engage in it you are just as bad as the one who started it.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 07:26 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;41251 wrote:
Jesus in that passage never put conditions for applying 'LOVE YOUR ENEMY'. As always, you -christian apologists- pick and choose from the bible whatever fulfills your personal desires and reject the rest. You are trying to put words in Jesus mouth that he never said.

I just have nothing more to add regarding this issue because I know you'll never be truthfull and honest when it comes to such nonsense in your fabricated bible.

Then answer me this one question, when Jesus told the Jews of that day that if their eye offends them they should pluck it out. Do you believe Jesus want all the Jews who's eye offened them to really pluck them out. Is that what Jesus really wanted the Jews to do?
wvpeach

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 01:22 am
@Campbell34,
campbell

now I know you have lost it , arguing with sword will do you know good.:thumbdown: Save your mind for better pursuits
Campbell34

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 05:36 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;41398 wrote:
campbell

now I know you have lost it , arguing with sword will do you know good.:thumbdown: Save your mind for better pursuits

Well I'm here to debate the issues, and according to sword he has nothing more to add to the debate on this topic, which means to me he does not have the ability or the knowledge to counter what I have laid out for him. And that may be the reason he has not responded to my last question. It appears to me his minds door is so slammed shut, that I doubt we will see any light shine through for a long time. When questions are put to you and you cannot respond, then you have to question what that person really believes.
0 Replies